Mother = lifelong party-line Democrat

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: tweaker2
well, let's see here....seeing as if hillary was the first one, YES, the FIRST ONE to start slinging mud between the two, and seeing as if she kept it up throughout the remainder of the primaries, thus forcing obama to respond in kind, and seeing as if she cast the spell of denial, spitefullness, pettiness and divisiveness over her supporters, i would think her supporters should be taking it all out on her and not obama, as obama waged a smart defensive battle of counterpunching hillary's and mccain's cheap shots almost to the very end of the process.

why should they focus their ire at obama when it was hillary's failure to represent the party and her supporters with the diginity and respect some of them are now demanding from the rest of the party?

the whole timbre of the dem primary can be laid at hillary's feet. she kept changing her style of attacks, progressively getting meaner and dirtier the more she fell behind obama.

all obama was doing was staying with his program and taking side trips to the gutter to duke it out with hillary and mccain as that was her and mccain's choice of playing field.

yet, somehow it's all obama's fault. he ran a smart campaing and hillary didn't.

so if there's any one person that the hillary supporters are supposed to mad at, it's hillary herself.

*edit* - well, hillary and bill.

Real quick though, Hillary was not the first one to start the attacks. Obama and Edwards lit her up early on. This isn't a bad thing, it's politics.

fair enough. i stand corrected. thanks.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
You know, there are a lot of idiots around of voting age.
GW getting a second term is a good example.

If democrats want to play cry baby and threaten to vote McCain or
not vote, then let them. And while these democrats are at it, register for another party.
We don't need democrats like that, or want them.

I talked to a distant relative just today, she is a demo voting for McCain.
And why? She actually said that she heard Obama is a Muslim, non Christian.

So what are you going to do with idiots,
who believe some junk email they read six months ago???

Race will play a huge part in this.

On CNN Wed morning, they were at some airport asking random
people what they thought of Obama getting the win.
One lady said she would ?never? vote for Obama.
The CNN reporter ask why, and she starts to answer, then paused,
then goes on saying she didn?t think the country was "ready" for
a black as president.

Her "pause" said it all. She wanted to use the "N" word, but knew she was on camera.
Just shows you can't teach an old bigot new tricks...

When it comes issues on race, sexual orientation, or gender, this country sure has its share of idiots. Idiots that, sadly, have the right to vote.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
ok? why not? is it because she wants something different than bush's administration?

it makes no sense whatsoever for those who hated the bush administrations and will hate the mccain administration to protest by not voting for obama... absolutely worthless.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: hellokeith
I asked her if she would vote for Obama, and she said maybe but only if Hillary is the VP. If Hillary is not the nominee and not the VP, then she will not be voting period.

Whether or not her reasoning is valid is certainly a topic of discussion and debate, but nevertheless her intent is real and I guarantee you she is demonstrative of women Hillary supporters. So I guess what I'm saying is that it might not be a good idea for Obama/Dem's to blow off Hillary completely.. it might cost alot of votes against or more likely no-show's at the polls.

Actually that's the way I am going to vote this year....

I'm voting that way even if she gets the VP slot.

Reason? I believe no one that is currently running is worth the vote. I suppose I could vote 3'rd party.

I guess whoever gets in ... if they do a good job then maybe I will vote for them or against them. Bush was a tard and I voted against him twice tho. Didn't do a shit of difference. He still got in so ... I am fed up with the entire system. If americans are too stupid then I'm not gonna play this game anymore.... I am kinda wondering if McSame will get inched in because of this... But... So be it, he's got to be better then bush.... Maybe?

Like your mom I'm voting with the majority! (no vote)... thanks but no thanks I've had enough for the past 8 years....

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Dear Zebo's Mom,

I wanted you to be one of the first to know: on Saturday, I will hold an event in Washington D.C. to thank everyone who has supported my campaign. Over the course of the last 16 months, I have been privileged and touched to witness the incredible dedication and sacrifice of so many people working for our campaign. Every minute you put into helping us win, every dollar you gave to keep up the fight meant more to me than I can ever possibly tell you.

On Saturday, I will extend my congratulations to Senator Obama and my support for his candidacy. This has been a long and hard-fought campaign, but as I have always said, my differences with Senator Obama are small compared to the differences we have with Senator McCain and the Republicans.

I have said throughout the campaign that I would strongly support Senator Obama if he were the Democratic Party's nominee, and I intend to deliver on that promise.

When I decided to run for president, I knew exactly why I was getting into this race: to work hard every day for the millions of Americans who need a voice in the White House.

I made you -- and everyone who supported me -- a promise: to stand up for our shared values and to never back down. I'm going to keep that promise today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life.

I will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise.

I know as I continue my lifelong work for a stronger America and a better world, I will turn to you for the support, the strength, and the commitment that you have shown me in the past 16 months. And I will always keep faith with the issues and causes that are important to you.

In the past few days, you have shown that support once again with hundreds of thousands of messages to the campaign, and again, I am touched by your thoughtfulness and kindness.

I can never possibly express my gratitude, so let me say simply, thank you.

Sincerely,
Hillary Rodham Clinton

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Originally posted by: senseamp
Obama supporters will continue making assumptions about Clinton voters up until the election, by which time it will be too late to appeal to them.

Clinton has two major bases.

Women

Socially conservative Democrats(the want handouts but are against every social issue the dems are for).

The Women are just being irrational and come around.

Most of the socially conservatives democrats aka "blue collar" people are bigots.

Some of the biggest bigots I know consider themselves democrats.

This is classic! :laugh:
Almost 18 million voters, half of the Dem primary voters, are either irrational or biggots.

Women are irrational! Who the hell would want an irrational woman for President. Hell, everyone knows women aren't even smart enough to be president. All of the smart people voted for Obama. Clinton's people are all ignorant, uneducated, irrational biggots. We don't want any of those irrational biggots in the Dem party. Irrational women and ignorant blue collar losers should go for McCain.

some of Obama's supporters and some in this forum spent the whole primary season calling Hillary Clinton some of the most disgusting and vile names that can be leveled against a woman. Why should they put up with that kind of misogyny? The Pew research poll showed that Obama's favorability among white women has dropped below 50% from about 60% in the spring. Don't just assume that Obama can make a fancy speech and everything will be ok after the stuff he and his supporters pulled to win the nomination.

I have always voted Democratic in the Presidential election but I will not do so this year. Obama is an empty suit in my opinion and I will not be a part of his fraud.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hillary sent out a mass e-mail, which I posted above.

Her stumping for Obama begins Saturday. Watch his poll numbers shoot up after that.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: chowderhead
Originally posted by: RY62
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Originally posted by: senseamp
Obama supporters will continue making assumptions about Clinton voters up until the election, by which time it will be too late to appeal to them.

Clinton has two major bases.

Women

Socially conservative Democrats(the want handouts but are against every social issue the dems are for).

The Women are just being irrational and come around.

Most of the socially conservatives democrats aka "blue collar" people are bigots.

Some of the biggest bigots I know consider themselves democrats.

This is classic! :laugh:
Almost 18 million voters, half of the Dem primary voters, are either irrational or biggots.

Women are irrational! Who the hell would want an irrational woman for President. Hell, everyone knows women aren't even smart enough to be president. All of the smart people voted for Obama. Clinton's people are all ignorant, uneducated, irrational biggots. We don't want any of those irrational biggots in the Dem party. Irrational women and ignorant blue collar losers should go for McCain.

some of Obama's supporters and some in this forum spent the whole primary season calling Hillary Clinton some of the most disgusting and vile names that can be leveled against a woman. Why should they put up with that kind of misogyny? The Pew research poll showed that Obama's favorability among white women has dropped below 50% from about 60% in the spring. Don't just assume that Obama can make a fancy speech and everything will be ok after the stuff he and his supporters pulled to win the nomination.

I have always voted Democratic in the Presidential election but I will not do so this year. Obama is an empty suit in my opinion and I will not be a part of his fraud.

Yes, because it is completely rational to vote for McCain, a confirmed misogynist who called his wife a wise and beautiful woman in public and supports banning a woman's right to choose, because people unaffiliated with Obama have called Hillary Clinton some bad names...

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Jesus christ you people are stupid.