most people meet their future spouse by age 19?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a2k

Oct 12, 2002

Dunno... it seems possible to have met them by 19, because that would include all school up to the first year of college. If you stay in the town you grew up, chances are pretty good that at some point you might run into that awkward girl from 7th grade who has suddenly gotten really atractive, strike up a conversation, and... Doesn't say that you are dating the future spouse by 19, just met them.

Anyway, don't think I'm gonna fit this mold.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
FWIW- I was 19 when I met my wife, although I didn't marry her until I was 26. Wanted to get out of college and have a real job/life before I legally involved someone else in it. :)

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Met her during my first semester of college (starting my 3rd now)... I was 17, so was she. We've both turned 18, and we've been "going out" (I guess you could put it that way) for nearly 4 months, and we dated once before for about a month...

no idea if she's my future spouse, it all depends on how things work out. i could see it though.

:D

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Well I guess that's true for me...I met my ex when I was 18 when were together for 6 yrs. I married him...he turned into a dork, 9 months later I divorced him! (Short version!)

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

LOL,

I think the younger OT crowd is making fun of their older counterparts.
Punks:disgust:.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Well if it is true, it's because it takes that long to find someone who's "good enough" and then people rush into marriage because they are afraid of not finding anyone if they don't marry the first person who's good enough for them. Hence all the marriages that don't work out.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
My adopted parents met each other when they were in high school. Mom got married to dad when she was 17. I believe that he was 19 or 20. They have been together for 35 years, I believe.

One lady that I used to work with went to highschool with her husband. They have been married for quite a while, and have three or four kids. They married shortly after graduation.

simms

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Peetoeng
LOL,

I think the younger OT crowd is making fun of their older counterparts.
Punks:disgust:.

heheh :) no we're not *grabs Peetoeng's nose and runs around with it* :)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I hope not, since I "just' broke up with the girl that I had been seeing since I was 17 (20 now), meaning that I've missed my time window. :) She sure was a good one tho.