Most Frustrating games ever

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Time for a little fun. What has been your most frustrating gaming experience yet? Games which have made you bang your keyboard, break your mouse etc etc.

I'll start off with a very obvious browser game : QWOP. Its frustration of epic proportions, but still u want to finish it. Especially for the chariots of fire theme playing in the beackground. Go ahead guys.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
lol. i guess we can discuss console games here as well. Well to tell you the truth, i came very very close to destroying my controller while playing Dark Souls in the very first place where the eagle picks you up and drops you in a weird location with a guy. Stopped playing the game after that. Will give it a try on the PC as well :)

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
lol. i guess we can discuss console games here as well. Well to tell you the truth, i came very very close to destroying my controller while playing Dark Souls in the very first place where the eagle picks you up and drops you in a weird location with a guy. Stopped playing the game after that. Will give it a try on the PC as well :)

Well, it is coming to PC ;)

RavenSEAL

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2010
Oh, and I guess as a matter of opinion, Quake and Starcraft have always been a pay in the ass for me. Specially online...

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
a slick move in starcraft, such as a proxy barracks or a marine rush can seriosuly burn your ass if you're caught off-guard. Frustration would be a DC in a match you're about to win....

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
The Witcher 2, great game in so many respects but just frustrating as all fuck.

The combat is so slow and clunky and they throw these really hard bosses at you which are completely and totally solid, even when you're playing the game on easy, It's a game I tried really REALLY hard to like but came away extremely frustrated every time.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Witcher 2 was frsutrating?? hmm...guess its a personal opinion.
Are you talking about the fight with the Kraken
? cos that was the only time i felt a little stuck needing to redo things all over again.

Has anyone here played Super Meat Boy? What an irritating yet addictive game.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
super meat boy, i wanna be the guy, and other games of that ilk. strangely addicting, but complete BS at times, heh

touhou, ikaruga, and other bullet hell games can be frustrating as well at times, but i love them anyway

Dkcode

May 1, 2005
Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 3.

Reading the in game text chat tells you everything you need to know.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
i wanna be the guy.. XD
i remember watching a few videos online and i LOLd so hard. That game was designed to just make gamers lose their hair.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
Any flying mission in the GTA series. Pile of broken $10 keyboards over there ---->

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Not a PC game, but Ninja Gaiden 2 accounts for 2 broken Xbox 360 controllers.

After nearly pulling off the difficulty under the highest, and then being damage-locked by rocket ninjas... most frustrating pos ever, mainly because of the camera. Loved that it was actually difficult, and not a cakewalk (see 99% of current games).

For the PC, it would have to be World of Warcraft, and simply because other people are extremely stupid sometimes. "Don't stand in the fire" seems like a simple thing, yet after 40 attempts on the last boss...

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Half of all NES games.

Just started up TA Kingdoms again and forgot how tough it is.

Max Payne in the last chapter.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
Any flying mission in the GTA series. Pile of broken $10 keyboards over there ---->

Ohh yaaa...those were bad. I remember the mini chopper mission in Vice city planting bombs on each floors using remote controlled choppers. Damn, that was a sick sick mission.

Not a PC game, but Ninja Gaiden 2 accounts for 2 broken Xbox 360 controllers. After nearly pulling off the difficulty under the highest, and then being damage-locked by rocket ninjas... most frustrating pos ever, mainly because of the camera. Loved that it was actually difficult, and not a cakewalk (see 99% of current games). For the PC, it would have to be World of Warcraft, and simply because other people are extremely stupid sometimes. "Don't stand in the fire" seems like a simple thing, yet after 40 attempts on the last boss...

I've heard a lot about how hard Ninja Gaiden is and i will definitely give it a try once.
ANd about WOW, Hahahahahahaha. I know exactly how you feel. In fact there was an addon called GTFO, especially for that particular group of people who do not realise that standing on fire can actually harm you.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
the original Alien Vs Predator. playing as the Marines or the Alien, anything in the game practically one-shots you. i died dozens of times in the first few seconds of the game!

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
I can't remember specific games atm but there have been several where I have pounded my desk and yelled at the game.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
there was this one level in Max Payne in which hes drugged and is in a dream sequence. All you could hear was his child crying and complete darkness everywhere except for a thin pathway.....God, that was haunting and bloody frustrating cos i kept falling off...

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
A boy and his blob. I played it at my friends. I didn't see any instruction manual, nor did I look online for hints. I am not sure I ever figured out how to progress in the game... Frustrating as all heck.

Coltaine

Mar 14, 2012
On the computer... and non-platformers (they can be really tough depending on the person) I'd say ADOM and angband... didnt get much into nethack but it could be in the running too.

EDIT: and pretty much any early dungeon crawl that required graph paper and had a timed light supply... tedious when mapping, infuriating when you find out that your one row or one column off...

Last edited: