Most addictive game you have ever played...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
EverQuest, I put so much time into that game. Then I quit it one day and haven't looked back, well I have, and have been tempted to play it again, but haven't yet. Been almost 2 years. Wow, I sound like an addict.

Xenon

Oct 16, 1999
Definately Subspace/Continuum. Nothing else comes close. I've been playing this game for over 7 years now. I don't think anyone ever quits either. I'll give Ultima Online and Everquest credit though. They drew a little of my attention away from it for a couple years each. Those addictions are history though.

chevelle396

Golden Member
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: AlienCraft
I think it was F-117 Stealth Fighter from EA. It ran? on DOS back when it was Win3.0 and 486's were the Sh1t and my bud got hired out at INTEL Folsom and after a few months told us there was this cool chip coming out soon called the pentium...:Q spent WAYYYYYYyyyyyyy to much time flying that thing..... anyone got a copy ????
rolleye.gif
:D

i played the hell outta f-19 stealth fighter when i was 7 or 8. i dunno if i ever got anywhere but man it was a blast.

looky here - http://www.victorclaessen.nl/files.asp - copies of both f-19 and f-117. i would think this is abandonware since you can't buy it anymore, but if this is against AT policy or anything i'll remove the link.

haha, wow. just fired up f-19 and the loading screen has a note:

During flight you may use "alt-d" to adjust the level of visual detail:

level 2 (std) : maximum visual detail, for fast ATs and 386's
level 1 : good visual detail, for normal ATs (80286 machines)
level 0 : modest visual detail, for PCs and XTs (8088 machines)

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
There are two games that I always find myself playing at one point or another. Counter-Strike is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played. No matter what other games I play otherwise, I still come back to CS.

The other game I MTGO. MTGO is exactly what I wanted the first incarnation of Mtg to be, so now that its out, there are endless numbers of strategies that can be played with the game! With the newer rules, the emperor style of gameplay is unmatched. Granted, MTGO isn't for everyone, but its certainly a thinking game that makes it tons of fun.

vash

chevelle396

Golden Member
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: vash
There are two games that I always find myself playing at one point or another. Counter-Strike is easily one of the most addictive games I have ever played. No matter what other games I play otherwise, I still come back to CS.

The other game I MTGO. MTGO is exactly what I wanted the first incarnation of Mtg to be, so now that its out, there are endless numbers of strategies that can be played with the game! With the newer rules, the emperor style of gameplay is unmatched. Granted, MTGO isn't for everyone, but its certainly a thinking game that makes it tons of fun.

vash

you don't happen to play CS as VashTheStampede do you? I seem to remember that name from few years back.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
RtCW Multiplayer.

I got the scripts, the maps, the binds, and the bags under my eyes from the insane all nighters.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
The original X-Wing and it's expansion packs had me hooked for many, many hours in high school. I don't think I watched any TV all of my sophmore year. Anyway, since then games haven't been as addicting to me generally because I haven't had the time to get into them. I really liked Starcraft and Warcraft 2. A few other notables have been CS, DOD, MOH, and SOF2 for online play and I think I am starting to get addicted to Splinter Cell, but I have only been able to log and hour or 2 in on that game so far...so it is too early to tell. When I was really young, almost every game was addicting to me.

Huz

Dec 27, 2001
The original Quake online. You know the shareware version that was out right before the full version and immediately following Qtest? I don't think I left my house for a week. Quakeworld was pretty sick too - pumping up your online world status by pounding on happless n00bs?ahh the good old days.

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: chevelle396
Originally posted by: vash

vash

you don't happen to play CS as VashTheStampede do you? I seem to remember that name from few years back.
I play as [wp]VashTheStampede . Found only on Wulf's Den/FF.

vash

incallisto

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2000
Rallisport Challenge. Very realistic for a PC game.

Speaking of WRC. My friend just sent me a video of some WRC highlights (9 minutes long) with some strange music. It's 90MB VCD quality - anyone want to host it? ;) Hehe

optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
Simcity 2000.

I think I built over 100 cities!.......Too bad I formated my floppies with my cities in there by accident:|

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
pre-last year: multiplayer bedroom golf

current: CS

BTW I got a 16 player server, you guys are always welcome (get an avg of 600 connects a day, not too bad).