Most addictive game you have ever played...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Apathetic

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2002
Warcraft II. Absolutely no doubt about it. We played...err.. arranged more "campus network bandwidth" testing than you can imagine.

Dave

Vinny N

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2000
Magic the Gathering 2-3 years(end of unlimited->visions/alliances?)...still have my cards...started Late Night Magic at college....still play sealed or draft now and then...
Diablo 2 played it since the release, go the xpac...probably 2-3 years too.

Ultima Online...played for at least 3 years(97-2000)...sold account. Then about 6 days ago I use a code and get the free download from an email...bam...new account...luckily I'll have to stop before February :p

I use to play quite the bit of late night Chess and Worms Armageddon/World Party with my friend at college.

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
ut23k

i can play it for like 8 hours and not realize the time go by, at all.

thats esp when i'm playing CTF online.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
CS! I keep going back to it!! i cant stop... though now i play about once a week.

Quake 2 DM/Jailbreak/Gloom owned most of my JHS life :)

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
Counter-strike (stopped playing for a few months when they changed the jumping but started playing again recently), and Starcraft.

Vampirrella

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: glen
EverQuest is undeniably the most addictive game.

If anyone has ever played this game (EQ), they would agree 100% that it is without a doubt, the most addictive ever (played almost 4 yrs in a row come march) ive played UO which comes in 2nd place as the most addictive game ive ever played as well.

Juniper

Platinum Member
Nov 7, 2001
Dynomite, Counter Strike, Warcraft 3, The Sims, Caesaer 3, Solitaire(<- Thats a classic one).... and many more I guess. Lucky I've toned down a bit on gaming.

pamchenko

Golden Member
Nov 28, 1999
i vote for Quake TF which is a good reason i didn't get any a$$ freshman and sophomore year.
i vote for CS cuz that's the reason for junior and senior year.
snood was pretty addicting and so was puzzle fighter.
street fighter 2 on the snes (all versions)

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
I think it was F-117 Stealth Fighter from EA. It ran? on DOS back when it was Win3.0 and 486's were the Sh1t and my bud got hired out at INTEL Folsom and after a few months told us there was this cool chip coming out soon called the pentium...:Q spent WAYYYYYYyyyyyyy to much time flying that thing..... anyone got a copy ????
rolleye.gif
:D