Moscow Mitch, Leningrad Lindsey and I’ll frown at you are all in trouble

Feb 4, 2009
Moscow Mitch is sort of safe but closet race he’s ever had, plus his opponent has a higher favorability rating.

Leningrad Lindsey is in a statistical tie, appears his voters don’t like him giving oral to the President

Susan appears to be in deep shit.

Still early but still good news

Reactions: uclaLabrat

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Isn’t Mitch running against the same candidate he’s beaten twice (or once) already? Why would democrats do that?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Won't matter...if Trump wins the election...which I have a feeling he will...but the Republicans lose the Senate and Dems hold the House, Trump will just do whatever-the-fuck he wants...by Executive Order.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
I could see the Dems failing to take both the Senate and the presidency. I could see them winning the presidency but failing to take the Senate. I could see them taking both. It seems almost wholly inconceivable to me that they could take the Senate but lose the presidency. If the political situation is such that they win the Senate, something truly bizarre would have to happen for Trump to win.

Reactions: zinfamous
Feb 4, 2009
Won't matter...if Trump wins the election...which I have a feeling he will...but the Republicans lose the Senate and Dems hold the House, Trump will just do whatever-the-fuck he wants...by Executive Order.
I could see the Dems failing to take both the Senate and the presidency. I could see them winning the presidency but failing to take the Senate. I could see them taking both. It seems almost wholly inconceivable to me that they could take the Senate but lose the presidency. If the political situation is such that they win the Senate, something truly bizarre would have to happen for Trump to win.

Yeah my feeling is a couple of Senate seats net, maybe majority maybe not.
Biden wins popular vote by historic margin but loses the EC votes.
I can’t figure out why Democrat’s are so afraid to punch. Every Senator, House Member and Biden plus all his previous opponents should be hammering the news with unemployment benefit proposals, State Corona aid and how utterly incompetent this White House has been.
They had a fucking game plan they completely ignored because Obama.

simpletron

Oct 31, 2008
Isn’t Mitch running against the same candidate he’s beaten twice (or once) already? Why would democrats do that?
Mitch has never ran against Amy McGrath before. Amy ran against Andy Barr in 2018 for Kentucky's 6th House of Representative and lost 51-48. Andy had beaten his previous two democrat opponents 61-39 in 2016 and 60-40 in 2014. While I not sure Amy is the best candidate for the democrats to run, I'm sure she isn't the worst or as bad as you think.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Both of those shitbags will win re-election. And like Boomer, I still see the Presidential election favoring Trump. At best it's a tossup

Feb 4, 2009
Both of those shitbags will win re-election. And like Boomer, I still see the Presidential election favoring Trump. At best it's a tossup

I still think in my lifetime there will be a so lopsided electoral win where the loser had an insane amount of votes vs the EC winner maybe it will finally become clear to people one persons vote doesn’t count as much as another persons vote and as someone on these forums said “Why are farmers more qualified than me to decide who the President is?”
Maybe then we will finally see a popular vote mandate.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Mitch has never ran against Amy McGrath before. Amy ran against Andy Barr in 2018 for Kentucky's 6th House of Representative and lost 51-48. Andy had beaten his previous two democrat opponents 61-39 in 2016 and 60-40 in 2014. While I not sure Amy is the best candidate for the democrats to run, I'm sure she isn't the worst or as bad as you think.

No democrat is worse than Mitch but that doesn’t matter when you are dealing with a populace that thinks in terms of winners and losers.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I still think in my lifetime there will be a so lopsided electoral win where the loser had an insane amount of votes vs the EC winner maybe it will finally become clear to people one persons vote doesn’t count as much as another persons vote and as someone on these forums said “Why are farmers more qualified than me to decide who the President is?”
While the easiest thing would be to throw away the EC since it's an anachronistic piece of shit that has helped push this country over the edge in 2000 and 2016, an adjustment of both the House of Representatives, Senate, and Electoral College could also make it way less terrible.

Bump the House of Representatives up to ~1000 Reps. Make the Senate have 2 Senators per state (as is) and then additional Senators per state based on population. Make DC a state of whatever physical proportions make sense. Tell Puerto Rico and Guam to vote on Statehood or Independence, and then if they vote for statehood give them their Reps and Senators. And then increase the EC from 538 to the new number of Reps and Senators.

There's more than one way to make things less shit.

The problem is, the people with all the money and power get to keep all that money and power if things stay shit.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
You guys are too pessimistic. I get the caution, but we are resilient as a nation. Maybe I am too optimistic, who knows. Things are dire and a change is necessary. It happened in 2008 and will this year. McCain was tight in the polls with Obama, but Obama won. Not sure there is an election I can remember where the incumbent had an 8 point deficit in the polls. Clinton bet Bush, but he was 5 or 6 ahead, not 8 plus. If Hillary was at this level, events of the last few years would be done in an alternate universe or reality. I cannot see someone getting elected twice when he never wanted it once. His actions show he hates what he does.

Feb 4, 2009
You guys are too pessimistic. I get the caution, but we are resilient as a nation. Maybe I am too optimistic, who knows. Things are dire and a change is necessary. It happened in 2008 and will this year. McCain was tight in the polls with Obama, but Obama won. Not sure there is an election I can remember where the incumbent had an 8 point deficit in the polls. Clinton bet Bush, but he was 5 or 6 ahead, not 8 plus. If Hillary was at this level, events of the last few years would be done in an alternate universe or reality. I cannot see someone getting elected twice when he never wanted it once. His actions show he hates what he does.

August 2016 says hello!

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Shut up with 2016. Biden isn’t hater as much as Hilary. No 3rd party candidates. But most importantly, everyone that gave him a try, won’t vote for him again

Reactions: feralkid
Feb 4, 2009
Shut up with 2016. Biden isn’t hater as much as Hilary. No 3rd party candidates. But most importantly, everyone that gave him a try, won’t vote for him again

We shall see...
Personally I think big data has figured out the EC system and whom needs to be targeted.
There is hope because Facebook has limited targeted ads and twitter has stopped political ads.
Russia hasn’t said anything yet either.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
We shall see...
Personally I think big data has figured out the EC system and whom needs to be targeted.
There is hope because Facebook has limited targeted ads and twitter has stopped political ads.
We don't know IF or WHAT that Russia may or may have provided.

Reactions: alien42

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Election's over, Biden wins!

Guess I can stay home since Georgia is going Biden this time.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
We shall see...
Yea Russia hasnt said anything if you dont count Burisma and the Hunter carepackage that all gop critters has received. Also, Russian disinformation on social media is less adds and more trolls and I think the reason you are not hearing about it is cause its getting suppressed in the IC’s.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That's because you keep thinking people, and that's incorrect. Think states. The states elect the president. This concept is so simple it blows my mind how few get it. No one squawks about each state having two senators, why is that? Shouldn't California have a couple dozen? It all comes back to the US being a republic, fifty separate states joined as a union. The president is supposed to represent all fifty states, dump the EC and no one would even bother campaigning in forty of them. They simply wouldn't count.

Feb 4, 2009
That's because you keep thinking people, and that's incorrect. Think states. The states elect the president. This concept is so simple it blows my mind how few get it. No one squawks about each state having two senators, why is that? Shouldn't California have a couple dozen? It all comes back to the US being a republic, fifty separate states joined as a union. The president is supposed to represent all fifty states, dump the EC and no one would even bother campaigning in forty of them. They simply wouldn't count.

Oh no I fully get that States EC votes win the election.
I feel majority don’t know to what extent and how elections are decided by a few thousand people over 2-4 states.
BTW do you have an answer as to why your vote and my vote combined have less impact than a farmers vote in Ohio?
Why is this guy in Ohio’s opinion so much more important than yours or mine?

I believe you live in California.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah my feeling is a couple of Senate seats net, maybe majority maybe not.
Biden wins popular vote by historic margin but loses the EC votes.
I can’t figure out why Democrat’s are so afraid to punch. Every Senator, House Member and Biden plus all his previous opponents should be hammering the news with unemployment benefit proposals, State Corona aid and how utterly incompetent this White House has been.
They had a fucking game plan they completely ignored because Obama.

Ugh. All this nay saying flies in the face of the evidence at hand, the polling & the electoral map of 2016.

Select individual states from the drop down. Trump isn't winning any states he didn't win in 2016. He's in very deep shit in a lot of swing states. AZ FL WI MI PA NC & ME. He's even shaky in OH IA TX & GA. There are a lot of losing possibilities.

There's no way back from the enormous blunders he has made & continues to make.

Feb 4, 2009
Ugh. All this nay saying flies in the face of the evidence at hand, the polling & the electoral map of 2016.

Select individual states from the drop down. Trump isn't winning any states he didn't win in 2016. He's in very deep shit in a lot of swing states. AZ FL WI MI PA NC & ME. He's even shaky in OH IA TX & GA. There are a lot of losing possibilities.

August 2016 says hey there

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Oh no I fully get that States EC votes win the election.
I feel majority don’t know to what extent and how elections are decided by a few thousand people over 2-4 states.
BTW do you have an answer as to why your vote and my vote combined have less impact than a farmers vote in Ohio?
Why is this guy in Ohio’s opinion so much more important than yours or mine?

I believe you live in California.
I just answered that, it's because the states elect the president. You keep returning to a point that doesn't exist. The US isn't a simple democracy, it's a constitutional republic. We don't have any federal citizens, everyone is in a state, the district of Columbia, or a territory.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Everyone understands what the electoral college is. LOL at the president representing all 50 states. How can you say something so retarded in 2020?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

That seems obvious, almost inevitable, and if I was a betting man I'd lay long odds against Trump. But it ain't November yet.