Morning 'breakfast'

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I'm curious what you guys think of my breakfast.

My dietary goals are to simply have something healthy that will give me energy for the day and suppress my hunger as long into the day as possible.

(2) packets of Carnation Instant Breakfast w/ 2 cups of skim milk
http://www.carnationbreakfastessentials.com/Products/Powder/Rich-Milk-Chocolate/Nutrition.aspx

(1) banana
(1) cup of orange juice (if I have time I blend the two as a smoothy)
(1) Men's multivitamin
(1) fiber supplement (half daily dose)
(1) glucosomine vitamin (daily dose)
(1) fish oil (daily dose)

That's it. I usually down the vitamins with the glass of Instant Breakfast. Then drink the OJ and have the banana. (sometimes if I'm running late I don't have the banana until I'm on my drive to work)

What do you guys think? I feel good about it. I get most of my daily vitamins from the actual vitamins as well as the Instant Breakfast.

This happens around 7am, and I usually don't get hungry until around 11am or noon.

Thoughts?

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
I usually munch on almonds. I think eating anything or not eating anything is ok if you're going with the IIFYM approach. Guys doing IF usually skip breakfast and they're ok once they get over the adaptation phase.

Malfeas

Apr 27, 2005
I would kill myself if I ate that.

I eat 3 egg scramble with cheese, 2 slices of bacon, ham steak or sausage patty, and a small bowl of oatmeal topped with frozen berries (mixed). I eat this at 5AM and don't get hungry until noon.

smilingbuddha

Sep 16, 2010
Forget the supplements. If you dont like the eggs, bacon, cheese, or oatmeal approach then eat a good salad with some extra veggies and maybe some chicken plus a banana (or something similar). Body needs breakfast and I've found that salad works well especially if you add some extras - but go light on the dressing.

It's weird at first but works well.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Forget the supplements. If you dont like the eggs, bacon, cheese, or oatmeal approach then eat a good salad with some extra veggies and maybe some chicken plus a banana (or something similar). Body needs breakfast and I've found that salad works well especially if you add some extras - but go light on the dressing.

It's weird at first but works well.

lol wow impressive lurking skills

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
seems like a lot of sugar and not a lot of protein or fat.

i usually have 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, maybe with some guacamole and salsa or i might have 3 egg white omelet with veggies and 3 strips of bacon.

iluvdeal

Golden Member
Nov 22, 1999
You need to focus more on getting your nutrition and vitamins from fresh, real food and less from packaged powders and supplements that expire in 2014.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
You need to focus more on getting your nutrition and vitamins from fresh, real food and less from packaged powders and supplements that expire in 2014.

I don't really have time to put together a full breakfast.

I could add a scoop of protein shake mix to my instant breakfasts to get more protein.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
seems like a lot of sugar and not a lot of protein or fat.

i usually have 3 eggs fried in coconut oil, maybe with some guacamole and salsa or i might have 3 egg white omelet with veggies and 3 strips of bacon.

Usually this for me or better .. last night's leftovers.
Ground turkey, kale, and 2 overeasy eggs.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Best way to supress hunger is to eat more protein and fat. Change your OJ to Milk instead. OJ goes through my body in 10 minutes, it does not last very long and even Milk only lasts so long.

Change your carnation breakfast to whole oatmeal or other wholegrain cereals. Any liquid food goes through your system much faster than real food, from my experience.

My breakfast is usually 2 servings of oatmeal with a chopped up banana and about 3 glasses of milk and a serving of yogurt. On the weekends I eat an omlette (5 eggs) and bacon.

With that, I don't feel an ounce of hunger well into noon.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Best way to supress hunger is to eat more protein and fat. Change your OJ to Milk instead. OJ goes through my body in 10 minutes, it does not last very long and even Milk only lasts so long.

Change your carnation breakfast to whole oatmeal or other wholegrain cereals. Any liquid food goes through your system much faster than real food, from my experience.

My breakfast is usually 2 servings of oatmeal with a chopped up banana and about 3 glasses of milk and a serving of yogurt. On the weekends I eat an omlette (5 eggs) and bacon.

With that, I don't feel an ounce of hunger well into noon.

He's already mentioned he doesn't feel hungry until 11am - 12pm so I don't think satiety is an issue. He already uses 2 cups of skim milk in his shakes.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
He's already mentioned he doesn't feel hungry until 11am - 12pm so I don't think satiety is an issue. He already uses 2 cups of skim milk in his shakes.

Of course. He stated he wants to satiate his hunger as long as possible so he needs to increase protein and fats. If his current meal does the trick until noon, then adding more protein and fats will work even better.

I was giving an example of my personal breakfast but I digest my food VERY fast. So even a breakfast rich in protein and fat and by noon my stomach is already complaining.

M0oG0oGaiPan

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2000
digitalgamedeals.com
Of course. He stated he wants to satiate his hunger as long as possible so he needs to increase protein and fats. If his current meal does the trick until noon, then adding more protein and fats will work even better.

I was giving an example of my personal breakfast but I digest my food VERY fast. So even a breakfast rich in protein and fat and by noon my stomach is already complaining.

Oh ok missed that part of his post. Yeah more protein/fat would do the trick. Solid food would be better. Could probably switch the skim milk for 2%/whole milk to increase satiety.

You could also get some ground flax seeds or a little bit of oats and shake it up in your drink. The seeds would give you something to chew on and the fat would keep you fuller longer. That's if you intend to keep doing the shakes. That's what some guys on the extreme liquid diets do.