Morman leader of Senate says he won't work with Mormon President

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
No, we need adults.

The Republicans systematically set out to hamstring the country so Obama would not be re-elected. They even brazenly announced that they were doing so.

If, as a result, Romney gets elected, and the Democrats choose to "be adults" and work with Romney to pass his agenda, what message does that send? How "adult" do you think the GOP will be in the future, now that they have seen that their strategy works?

You get more of what you subsidize.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The Republicans systematically set out to hamstring the country so Obama would not be re-elected. They even brazenly announced that they were doing so.

If, as a result, Romney gets elected, and the Democrats choose to "be adults" and work with Romney to pass his agenda, what message does that send? How "adult" do you think the GOP will be in the future, now that they have seen that their strategy works?

You get more of what you subsidize.

They have done exactly that for years and years and always win. Liberals will always lose the war of assholes because they don't like the rules that are needed to win and you don't like them either. You stick to reasoning with folk who will not and cannot follow your reasoning. And when I suggest a different path you get pissed off at me. Like I said, you won't play by the the methodology that leads to victory.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
The people who re elect these Republicans and vote out moderates are to blame really.

But if we keep allowing the people they elect to run amok and play into their games we and our elected officials are equally to blame.

Hoist!! Petard!!

I'd like to see Reid pull a Byrd and call the Sergeant-at-Arms arrest members not in attendance, would be good for some lolz.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yeah, because your constant bloviating and armchair psychoanalysis is really winning you a whole lot.

That's how you liberals are. You have a brain defect that makes you suppress fearful reactions to dangerous situations, reasoning with yourselves if the charging rhino warrants running up a tree when your conservative friends are already in the top branches hurling sticks at it. And when you're told about your mental condition you call that bloviating and armchair psychobabble. It so happens, however, that how you reason if you can reason, is based on your data base, the knowledge you've acquired on which to base your reason. In my case I reason in your dark because I have been to places you have not and absorbed information you do not know. I have sipped water from the well of idiots and fools as you would see them.

A fool convinced against his will is of the same opinion and there's no fool like a liberal who thinks a conservative can reason. You have no idea of the depth of my failure. I can't convince conservatives they are impervious to reason nor can I convince liberals about conservatives either. Both remain what they are, impervious to ego surrender and hapless ignorance where only love can flower.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
That's how you liberals are. You have a brain defect that makes you suppress fearful reactions to dangerous situations, reasoning with yourselves if the charging rhino warrants running up a tree when your conservative friends are already in the top branches hurling sticks at it. And when you're told about your mental condition you call that bloviating and armchair psychobabble. It so happens, however, that how you reason if you can reason, is based on your data base, the knowledge you've acquired on which to base your reason. In my case I reason in your dark because I have been to places you have not and absorbed information you do not know. I have sipped water from the well of idiots and fools as you would see them.

A fool convinced against his will is of the same opinion and there's no fool like a liberal who thinks a conservative can reason. You have no idea of the depth of my failure. I can't convince conservatives they are impervious to reason nor can I convince liberals about conservatives either. Both remain what they are, impervious to ego surrender and hapless ignorance where only love can flower.

You are sticking to easy answers yourself Moonie. This is reactionary thinking that they are biologically stupid and not just another apathetic bred victim of socioeconomic situations and lazy minded fear of what they do not understand. Don't go down the hypocrisy route, for therein lies the justification for madness in bubbles. In other words, quit being such a reactionary, the high road is tougher to get to, but you always have the strategic advantage in the long run.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You are sticking to easy answers yourself Moonie. This is reactionary thinking that they are biologically stupid and not just another apathetic bred victim of socioeconomic situations and lazy minded fear of what they do not understand. Don't go down the hypocrisy route, for therein lies the justification for madness in bubbles. In other words, quit being such a reactionary, the high road is tougher to get to, but you always have the strategic advantage in the long run.

I assume that the concept of reactionary thinking may mean something to you. It doesn't to me. I have argued extensively that conservatives are not stupid and that liberals are fools to think that is the source of their problem and the apathetic bred victim of socioeconomic situations is mumbo jumbo to me.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'm not a liberal. If you haven't figured that out by now, you really need to read more and post less.

Maybe that's why I thought you had some sense. You have the bad habit of laying our rational arguments like many many of the liberals here do.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Republicans have a short memory

Well, if you take Reagan in his second term and a whole bunch of Repubs being questioned in Congressional investigative hearings then you'd come to the conclusion that they have absolutely no memory at all. ;)

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
However Obama had the benefit of having a both houses filled with Dem majorities for 2 years and he still didn't produce much of anything besides the one of biggest taxes ever levied on mooches and freeloaders who expect others to pay for their HC, aka Obamacare.

That, and reversing a depression into a recovery...