Morman leader of Senate says he won't work with Mormon President

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
What does this have to do with Mormonism?

Do you expect Reid to roll over and play dead so the fraud Romney can push through a far right agenda just because they are both Mormons?

And of course, this only was said because Romney had the nerve to try to exploit the GOP House's obstruction of Obama.

Last edited:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Do you expect Reid to roll over and play dead so the fraud Romney can push through a far right agenda just because they are both Mormons?

And of course, this only was said because Romney had the nerve to try to exploit the GOP House's obstruction of Obama.

Dems block Romney.

Rep block Obama.

This way no 'far directional" agendas get pushed through. Gridlock prevails and damage is minimal

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
I honestly don't think Reid would do to Romney what Boehner and Cantor did to Obama -- depending on which version of RomneyBot actually showed up in the oval office. But he had no choice to come out and say he would, after Romney basically said "vote for me because Obama can't work with Congress".

Apr 27, 2012

What far right agenda? You do realize that romney is progressive, he will increase spending, taxes and regulations just like obama

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I honestly don't think Reid would do to Romney what Boehner and Cantor did to Obama -- depending on which version of RomneyBot actually showed up in the oval office. But he had no choice to come out and say he would, after Romney basically said "vote for me because Obama can't work with Congress".
Well shit, Obama pushed through Obamacare without a single Republican vote.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
what goes around comes around. anyone remember when McConnell said:

the single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Well shit, Obama pushed through Obamacare without a single Republican vote.
After warping the the legislation into the pile of poo we've come to know, all in attempt to win over Reps. Obama was a naive fool. He should have pushed for real reform instead of wasting the effort/opportunity on appeasing the Rep nutjobs.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Dems block Romney.

Rep block Obama.

This way no 'far directional" agendas get pushed through. Gridlock prevails and damage is minimal

Or, you know, people could try to compromise. Our government is almost certainly going to end up split along party lines in some way (the most likely, IMO, is a Democratic Senate and President and a Republican House). Not only is compromising pretty much the only way to get things done, somewhere halfway between the two sides is where the voters average out to be.

It's honestly kind of amazing that politicians react by refusing to work with the other side, and in the case of Republicans at least, get specifically rewarded for it by the voters. Or in the worst case, actually attacked for trying to reach across the aisle (all the Tea Party primary challenges). I can sort of understand wanting to push ideological purity if you're a true believer, but it isn't going to happen...ever. Neither party is EVER going to control enough of the government for long enough to just ram their agenda through without working with the other side.

I'm also kind of amazed when people say gridlock is a good thing, like there are no ACTUAL duties the government needs to perform that are harmed by ridiculous political bullshit.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
As much as I wish we could all sing kumbaya and work together, after the crap the republicans have pulled these last four years we shouldn't give them jack shit if they win the white house.

Hoist them by their own petard says I!

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
As much as I wish we could all sing kumbaya and work together, after the crap the republicans have pulled these last four years we shouldn't give them jack shit if they win the white house.

All we need now is violence.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

I don't think it's even that so much as the fact that you don't want to be the first party to work with the other side because if they don't reciprocate, you lose. Given the fact that Republicans (with the exception of Debate-Romney) have made it VERY clear that they'll refuse to work with Democrats on a whole host of issues, Democrats don't even have to guess about that reciprocation.

In other words, Republicans have guaranteed that compromise from the Democrats will be a one-way street. The Democrats would be stupid to work with them.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
All we need now is violence.

No, we need adults. I'm sure there are plenty of Republicans more interested in solving issues with the Democrats than "winning" (and Democrats interested in the same, although I think this is definitely more of a Republican problem now). The problem is that they're actively being driven out of government or bullied into voting along party lines. Ask Dick Lugar about it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
No, we need adults. I'm sure there are plenty of Republicans more interested in solving issues with the Democrats than "winning" (and Democrats interested in the same, although I think this is definitely more of a Republican problem now). The problem is that they're actively being driven out of government or bullied into voting along party lines. Ask Dick Lugar about it.

Neocons are your friends. Romney is one of them and will make it his goal to find compromises for you. The precise reason why I will never vote for him. Cause he's like you.

You want 'adults' who will continue to grow government. You'll get them if you work with Romney.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Your tea party friends are busy selling out as fast as they can, they will be just as bad and ten times as incompetent.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Why shouldn't Reid do exactly what the GOP did to Obama? Block, filibuster and blame.

Why is it only Dems are expected to act like adults? Let Romney fail.and elect Hillary in 2016

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

I agree 100%!! Then in 4 years the shoe will be on the other foot!!

The Republican made their bed, it`s their turn if they win to be in the orifiice only 4 years!!

Last edited:

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Gridlock prevails and damage is minimal

Until you get items like the fiscal cliff.....then what?

Although I'm actually hoping that it goes through. It's exactly what we need to get "started" to being somewhat responsible with our debt, and the longer we wait, the harder it becomes. Start it now.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Why shouldn't Reid do exactly what the GOP did to Obama? Block, filibuster and blame.

Why is it only Dems are expected to act like adults? Let Romney fail.and elect Hillary in 2016

You don't understand. Liberals are programmed to fail to Republicans. They have brains that that can reason. Compromise is a good thing. Only in the brain defective altered universe that conservatives live in does compromise mean you are going to hell. Republicans won't compromise because they know they will win. This is why they are dangerous to the nation and the only cure is their total destruction. Conservatives hide their evil behind a smoke screen of goodness and the way to destroy that is to destroy their credibility as decent people. They are taking the country over a cliff by demonizing the other side and the same will have to be done to them unless humanity can find some other ideas, like a pill that can shrink the amygdala in their defective brains.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Repubs have basically 0 shot at taking the Senate so it's irrelevant, Reid is the Majority leader for another 2 years, which will be with Obama as POTUS.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
what goes around comes around. anyone remember when McConnell said:

However Obama had the benefit of having a both houses filled with Dem majorities for 2 years and he still didn't produce much of anything besides the one of biggest taxes ever levied on US taxpayers, aka Obamacare.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
However Obama had the benefit of having a both houses filled with Dem majorities for 2 years and he still didn't produce much of anything besides the one of biggest taxes ever levied on US taxpayers, aka Obamacare.

Presidency and both houses doesn't matter. Senate needs 60 votes. Senate will NEVER get 60 votes. This country has, and will remain, ungovernable. Obama never had a chance. To honor their lust for vengeance Democrats are swearing that this will continue.

The only policy the United States can agree on is to continue this dysfunction. To keep the pot boiling over until it explodes.