More Than 250,000 British Toddlers Labeled Racists

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Gee, so this is the result of hate crime/speech laws and the oppression of free speech and thought...

More Than 250,000 British Toddlers Labeled Racists
Published September 23, 2010
| FoxNews.com
More than a quarter million British children have been accused of racism since the country passed its Race Relations Act passed in 2000, the Daily Mail reports.

Munira Mirza, a senior adviser to London Mayor Boris Johnson, says teachers are being forced to report children as young as 3 years old to the authorities for using alleged "racist" language.

"Teachers are now required to report incidents of racist abuse among children as young as three to local authorities, resulting in a massive increase of cases and reinforcing the perception that we need an army of experts to manage race relations from cradle to grave," she wrote in Prospect magazine.

According to civil liberties group the Manifesto Club, 280,000 incidents have been reported between 2002-2009.

Last edited:

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Incredible. It really shows how pervasive the far-right culture is within Europe.

BNP: recruiting from age 3.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Well be there soon. We already have laws against so-called sexual harassment, ethnic and racial talk in work place.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Well be there soon. We already have laws against so-called sexual harassment, ethnic and racial talk in work place.

Yeah, women aren't actually sexually harrassed in the workplace. It's a myth.

- wolf

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Dang racists. We need to get these toddlers in re-education camps as soon as possible to prevent them from turning out like their parents.

/sarcasm.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
A certain British soldier who frequents this forum often mocks the citizens of the US of A who choose to own guns for personal protection saying if we live some place so dangerous we need guns, we should move. If Britain is so dangerous that they need to track what 3 year olds say, that country may be beyond help.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Yeah, women aren't actually sexually harrassed in the workplace. It's a myth.

- wolf

I didn't say it was a myth. I meant sticks and stones and anti-harassment laws violates free speech enshrined in 1st amendment and creates a slippery slope and we will be where UK is at one day at this rate.

http://www.law.ucla.edu/volokh/harass/

I missed the "workplace" exception to the First Amendment. Don't like what someone says? Fire them or quit or start a union and negotiate what can and can't be said and punitive measures if violated. getting the state involved and acting as they have is a travesty IMO.

Last edited:

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Incredible. It really shows how pervasive the far-right culture is within Europe.

BNP: recruiting from age 3.
In North America, that would be the other way around. Right wing is pro racism, left wing is when they hire millions of schutzstaffel to spy on toddlers.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I didn't say it was a myth. I meant sticks and stones and anti-harassment laws violates free speech enshrined in 1st amendment and creates a slippery slope and we will be where UK is at one day at this rate.

http://www.law.ucla.edu/volokh/harass/

I missed the "workplace" exception to the First Amendment. Don't like what someone says? Fire them or quit or start a union and negotiate what can and can't be said and punitive measures if violated. getting the state involved and acting as they have is a travesty IMO.

Funny, I missed the exceptions in the First Amendment for defamation, fraud, professional malpractice, the crimes and torts of conspiracy and/or complicity, all communicative conduct which is subject to civil and/or criminal liability, to name just a few. Sexual harassment law hardly presents a new paradigm in terms of its tension with the First Amendment. I've read Volakh's paper, and others on the subject. I'm afraid this issue is rather complex. What is and isn't protected by the First Amendment is very context dependent, even in the USA, where we have broader speech protection than basically any other country in the world.

I'll refrain from remarking on your alternative "solutions" to this minor problem of "sticks and stones," otherwise known as the "come on honey, can't you take a joke?" approach. I'll presume it was intended as pure comedy.

- wolf

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Funny, I missed the exceptions in the First Amendment for defamation, fraud, professional malpractice, the crimes and torts of conspiracy and/or complicity, all communicative conduct which is subject to civil and/or criminal liability, to name just a few
Me too. Sad isn't it? This is what what us constructionists mean by activist judges. There is procedure to change constitution if you don't like it.

Last edited:

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I need more info. Foxnews is reporting the story, but the link to the complete article isn't much more than a blurb. It also says these were reported incidents, not necessarily the kids were branded as racists. It also doesn't say what kind of incidents were being reported and it is voluntary. I don't live in the UK, but here we have stressed early education for kids as young as 3-4. So I don't support a law like this, but it may help expose some of the parents who are teaching their kids to be racists. If welfare can begat welfare, racist can begat racist. I mean do we really need to let kids be raised by parents, who I don't know, name their kids Adolf Hitler?

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
So I don't support a law like this, but it may help expose some of the parents who are teaching their kids to be racists. If welfare can begat welfare, racist can begat racist. I mean do we really need to let kids be raised by parents, who I don't know, name their kids Adolf Hitler?
It's still better than naming their kids Sunshine or Glitter.

Keep in mind racism is based on what people see. The chicken and watermelon stereotype about black people doesn't really exist in Canada because it doesn't happen here; nobody can relate to the stereotype. The stereotype of smart Asian kids exists because we often do see Asians at the top of the class. The stereotype of stupid people driving pickup trucks exists for a reason (drop out of school --> labor job --> trucks are good for labor jobs). Making generalizations about different races or genders or religions will not go away as long as there is sufficient data to make accurate generalizations.

/hands you a brochure with a swastika on it

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
It's still better than naming their kids Sunshine or Glitter.

Keep in mind racism is based on what people see. The chicken and watermelon stereotype about black people doesn't really exist in Canada because it doesn't happen here; nobody can relate to the stereotype. The stereotype of smart Asian kids exists because we often do see Asians at the top of the class. The stereotype of stupid people driving pickup trucks exists for a reason (drop out of school --> labor job --> trucks are good for labor jobs). Making generalizations about different races or genders or religions will not go away as long as there is sufficient data to make accurate generalizations.

/hands you a brochure with a swastika on it

I don't know, I kinda like Sunshine :). Its really hard to comment on this because its really vague and while it may contain reports on toddlers, it doesn't say what percentage. It makes for a great headline, but at this point really light on substance.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
A certain British soldier who frequents this forum often mocks the citizens of the US of A who choose to own guns for personal protection saying if we live some place so dangerous we need guns, we should move. If Britain is so dangerous that they need to track what 3 year olds say, that country may be beyond help.

JoS isn't a British soldier, he's an internet tough guy who's probably posting from his mother's basement.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
LuLZ.

I read 1984 again last year. In it children are basically pitted against their parents and indoctrinated as spies and told to tattle on their parents for whatever anti-society behavior.

I suppose that teachers being forced to report children, that child's behavior somewhat indicative of their home environment, is about 1/3rd of the way there, maybe 1/2.
So I don't support a law like this, but it may help expose some of the parents who are teaching their kids to be racists.
Yes, comrade, yes!

God willing we can have kids report on parents who download illegally shared music and perhaps even hide little GPS transmitters in their car to assist in penalizing the parents for speeding!