More than 1 in 5 Trump SUPPORTERS think he will involve the US in a nuclear war

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't even know what to say about this other than holy shit. Partisanship in this country is so strong that people will vote for someone who they believe is likely to engage the US in a fucking nuclear war. What do you do when a substantial part of the electorate has literally gone insane?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ly-half-of-voters-think-trump-will-detonate-a

Among those who say they will vote for Trump, 48 percent say he’ll create a database to track Muslims; 36 percent say there will be race riots; 33 percent say the government would default on its debt; and 32 percent say Trump would punish his political opponents and authorize internment camps for illegal immigrants.

Only 22 percent of Trump supporters believe he will start a nuclear war.

Full survey here:
http://www.lincolnleaders.org/risk-survey-data

Now to be clear this poll was commissioned by an anti-Trump group of Republicans, but it was conducted by Surveymonkey, which is a real polling firm. (even if they aren't the best) If the results are even remotely close to accurate this is truly insane.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm just glad that Public Policy Polling finally has some competition in the wacky push poll category.

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
This number is most likely insanely inflated, but come on, you're in your late 30's right? You can't be surprised any more at the whackaloon/coherent ratio in the US, can you?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'm just glad that Public Policy Polling finally has some competition in the wacky push poll category.

You only wish it was a push poll. Modern conservatives have been led to believe in all kinds of wacky shit over the last few decades. If the simple fact that Trump is at the top of the Repub Ticket with Cruz his closest rival hasn't clued you in you're willfully blind, past the event horizon of complete denial.

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe they're the preppers, hoping for a reason to justify their prepping?

Really I have no idea. That number should be zero (no one should vote for someone they think will do this), yet that's not the world we live in.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Why so shocked? This is the same party that had its members actively attempting to crash the US economy over the debt ceiling.

If they can't have it all, then they'll try to ruin it for everyone else...

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
No more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.

And probably blue states at that.

Reactions: Aegeon

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I don't even know what to say about this other than holy shit. Partisanship in this country is so strong that people will vote for someone who they believe is likely to engage the US in a fucking nuclear war. What do you do when a substantial part of the electorate has literally gone insane?

The tons of ties he has to Putin almost makes it sound like some sort of Nostradamus prediction these days.

I think some want a Rapture in their minds these days, is like Jim Jones on a National scale.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The tons of ties he has to Putin almost makes it sound like some sort of Nostradamus prediction these days.

I think some want a Rapture in their minds these days, is like Jim Jones on a National scale.

It's like a little kid who thinks that if he burns down the house then he'll get to live in one he likes better.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007

And if not blue states, definitely blue spots in otherwise red states. No one is going to waste a nuke on East buttfuck idaho, unless the guidance system goes haywire.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
If Trump wins the sheer terror that leftists will cower in for the next four years will be completely worth it. Gonna be a whole lot of bed wetting going on.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If Trump wins the sheer terror that leftists will cower in for the next four years will be completely worth it. Gonna be a whole lot of bed wetting going on.

If Trump wins Repubs will probably impeach him so that Pence can be Prez. That's even scarier.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Ok which movie is that quote from. I can't place it.

Not sure if you're serious but I get brain farts now and then.

N3iaHJl.gif

:)

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Trump should not even be a consideration.

It is that sad.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Don't you think that it's reasonable for any American citizen to be concerned about the prospect of tyranny and war? Or are just being a douche?

edit: nm

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

Preferable to be at ground zero than living in nuclear winter. But hey, internet tough guys didn't back trump because they fear a little climate change.

Don't you think that it's reasonable for any American citizen to be concerned about the prospect of tyranny and war? Or are just being a douche?

edit: nm

Don't give a shit if rapture is what you're looking forward to. YOLO! or is that not quite appropriate here.