More ridiculous drivel from Ben Stein

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: datalink7
And please don't tell me how GM and Ford and Chrysler have made bad cars that people don't want. I drive only American cars, only GM cars actually, and they are the best, coolest cars I have ever driven:

So he only drives GM cars, and they are the coolest he has ever driven!

He is a 2 bit actor

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
Originally posted by: silverpig
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
What a damn fool. How is an Ivy League educated lawyer going to have the audacity to say professors only work 6 hours a week? What a complete asshat. This article is nothing but pandering to the working class, as though a pat on the back from a washed-up actor is the best these guys can hope for. Disgusting.

No kidding. My supervisor/prof sits in front of the dil fridge at 3:30 am on his birthday working...

Can you quote where he says professors only work 6 hours a week?

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Soundmanred
Originally posted by: silverpig
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
What a damn fool. How is an Ivy League educated lawyer going to have the audacity to say professors only work 6 hours a week? What a complete asshat. This article is nothing but pandering to the working class, as though a pat on the back from a washed-up actor is the best these guys can hope for. Disgusting.

No kidding. My supervisor/prof sits in front of the dil fridge at 3:30 am on his birthday working...

Can you quote where he says professors only work 6 hours a week?

Second, I get sick when I hear about how this or that professor says we cannot have bailouts in a free market. Really? How about the bailouts the professors get because gifts to colleges are tax free? How about the bailout they get because if they have to teach six hours a week they feel overwhelmed, while the guy on the line in Dearborn works a grueling forty and doesn't whine about it?