more protests and embassies under attack

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
1.) Halt all immigration from third world, and all Muslim countries to any first world country. With emphasis on European countries in particular.

2.) Deport all Muslims back to home country, unless they are thoroughly westernized. (Such as most that you'd find in Michigan or Canada) I have no problem whatsoever with those type of Muslims, I wish they were more common. If they're first generation immigrant... gone. If they wear the burkha/hijab... gone. If their wife wears it, gone. If any woman in their family of equivalent or lower age wears it... gone.

3.) Cut all diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia.

4.) Withdraw all embassies, and official presence of any western or first world country from middle east.

5.) Start ignoring all sovereignty, or status as ally vs. non-ally and start using constant, unrelenting drone attacks on any site in any Muslim country which we have any reason to think is a terrorist training camp or similar site.

6.) Nuke Mecca.

That last one was a joke... maybe.

I should of guessed from your GZ posts that you are one of these followers of the War on Islam too
A lot of great Americans have gave their lives to enjoy the freedoms you have.
Shits like you will throw it all away

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I should of guessed from your GZ posts that you are one of these followers of the War on Islam too
A lot of great Americans have gave their lives to enjoy the freedoms you have.
Shits like you will throw it all away

You forget one thing . Who is trying to convert who.. Muslims want a 1 Muslims world. The Secret society wants 1 world gooberment . The secret society doesn't care which religion wins the holy war so long as they control the 1 world gooberment . We don't need to do any actions or promote any idealism. They will still push their agenda. You think its going to just disappear this religious framework that took thousands of years to develope. In the end only one answer prevails . War! Like it or not you will have to choose .Most will choose to live and believe what ever they are told. Those who are strong and hang onto that which God gave every man will suffer greatly but in the end it is these who held on the the free choice God gave every man as our greatest Gift outside of the Spirit. It is these brave true hearts that go into the new age .

Last edited:

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Today is great, the middle east is in flames because of obama, it will cost him the election and our country can be saved.

My whole office is literally giggling with happiness and excitement. It's all anybody is talking about, how this is truly the end for obama.

It's glorious. Please keep up the rioting muslims!

So you are celebrating dead americans because you think it hurts obama image?

You are sick, get some help.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
The tally at my door is something like-

Mormons- 75%
Jehovah Witness- 10%

Most people around me have already been converted to one of the other thousands of Christian denominations

LOL no crap! Oddly enough living in and around a community that has 10's of thousands of Arab Muslims, I have never had a non lily white "fill in the religion/following that isn't Muslim" knock on my door early in the morning and get me to try and convert to the way they see God. They just don't get that I don't want their religion forced down my throat. Yet the American born Muslims are the problem! This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Let's face it, the FUD cowards that have bled into these forums have never met an Arab person in their life. All their fears of conversion, sharia law, takeover.... just pure and utter fantasy bullshit excuse for them to hate.

Apr 27, 2012
LOL no crap! Oddly enough living in and around a community that has 10's of thousands of Arab Muslims, I have never had a non lily white "fill in the religion/following that isn't Muslim" knock on my door early in the morning and get me to try and convert to the way they see God. They just don't get that I don't want their religion forced down my throat. Yet the American born Muslims are the problem! This would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Let's face it, the FUD cowards that have bled into these forums have never met an Arab person in their life. All their fears of conversion, sharia law, takeover.... just pure and utter fantasy bullshit excuse for them to hate.

Thats because there not doing it all at once, slowly is the key term, its already happening in Europe. We are already seeing creeping sharia in the US.

Let me ask you a question, you say Muslims never come to your door and try to convert you, how about you ask them what they think of you as a non-believer, someone who is an infidel

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Thats because there not doing it all at once, slowly is the key term, its already happening in Europe. We are already seeing creeping sharia in the US.

Let me ask you a question, you say Muslims never come to your door and try to convert you, how about you ask them what they think of you as a non-believer, someone who is an infidel

Shh, they have been here over a hundred years and have had generations die off already. Most are more American that your persona will ever be, they were born here and they will die here after having paid a lifetime of taxes just like any other American citizen born in this country. This sure is one INSIDIOUS takeover they are planning! Face it parody boy, you are full of shit and continue to make up lies to feed your attention whore quota. From here on in you are on ignore, your shtick has become tiresome. I have a small glimmer of hope this ruse will be retired very soon.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

WHERE are we seeing "creeping sharia"?

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
The tally at my door is something like-

Mormons- 75%
Jehovah Witness- 10%

Most people around me have already been converted to one of the other thousands of Christian denominations

Let me know when they start storming embassies, issue death threats to those who make fun of their religion (South Park creators are cowards) or don suicide vests to kill a bus load of Jews.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
1.) Halt all immigration from third world, and all Muslim countries to any first world country. With emphasis on European countries in particular.

2.) Deport all Muslims back to home country, unless they are thoroughly westernized. (Such as most that you'd find in Michigan or Canada) I have no problem whatsoever with those type of Muslims, I wish they were more common. If they're first generation immigrant... gone. If they wear the burkha/hijab... gone. If their wife wears it, gone. If any woman in their family of equivalent or lower age wears it... gone.

3.) Cut all diplomatic ties with Saudi Arabia.

4.) Withdraw all embassies, and official presence of any western or first world country from middle east.

5.) Start ignoring all sovereignty, or status as ally vs. non-ally and start using constant, unrelenting drone attacks on any site in any Muslim country which we have any reason to think is a terrorist training camp or similar site.

6.) Nuke Mecca.

That last one was a joke... maybe.

Clearly I was wrong. Those steps don't at all seem like a ridiculous (and counterproductive) overreaction to the problems of small groups of Islamic radicals...

And how exactly do those steps fix the problem of terrorist groups at all, much less represent the best way to do so?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Let me know when they start storming embassies, issue death threats to those who make fun of their religion (South Park creators are cowards) or don suicide vests to kill a bus load of Jews.

The problem is that you're using the word "they" to imply "all Muslims everywhere" when the word "they" in your sentence really refers to "small groups of radical Muslims". These discussions are never going to go anywhere as long as people think the debate rests on the idea that all Muslims are the same...

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Rainsford it isn't that all Muslims are the same, or that anyone thinks that.

It's that the percentage of crazy, violent, murderous fundamentalists in Islam is way, WAY higher than in Christianity or Judaism. And there is more bleed over of that sort of mentality even into those who aren't that way. It is a less distinct line between the crazies and non-crazies than in those other two religions.

in Christianity, for example, in 2012 the real fundamentalist crazies are ostracized by the entire society, including the vast majority of their own religion. One thing that helps this is the vast number of sects within Christianity. All these sects help Christians avoid feeling too monolithic or too much solidarity, which can be dangerous in a crazy, false ideology based on bronze age, warlike, anti-woman myth.

So if you get an abortion clinic bomber or a Fred Phelps or what have you, these people might have a small group or following... but it never seems to get much traction and certainly doesn't ever seem to threaten to subsume Christianity or a large share of it.

The thing with Islam is that the crazies, the violent murderous intolerant anti-woman thugs... are not so easily isolated. Islam only has 2 or 3 sects... there are a few variants like Wahhabism etc, but overall... Islam is much, much more monolithic than the other two Abrahamic traditions are currently.

There is a much higher general approval of the crazies and their behavior among the MAJORITY of Muslims, even those who wouldn't directly participate in such actions.

You have the die hard, crazy ass Bin Laden types who are prepared to dedicate their life to murderous terrorism... this group is FAR larger than in the other two religions. This group enjoys MUCH higher approval among the rest of Islam than the equivalent groups do in the other two religions.

You then have the hordes of less extreme but still very dangerous, violent Muslims who might conduct themselves fairly normally on most days... but given the slightest reason to join into a mob and storm an embassy, rape a reporter, drag a Coptic Christian to their death... whatever, they're down. They are completely ready and willing to put their individuality and normal life aside at a moment's notice to get in on that sort of behavior. This group likewise is far far larger than in the other two religions. It's not even clear that such a group exists in the other two.

The percentage of truly civilized, decent Muslims who are completely compatible with the modern, western notions of civilization and human rights, is disturbingly small. They exist, and usually they exist because of isolated, prolonged exposure to western environments... but yes there are some in the middle eastern countries, etc too. No doubt. These are fine people and worthy of including in our civilization. I have no problem with them.

The problem is the percentages and the bleed over. So nobody is saying all Muslims are the same, we're saying there aren't enough modern, moderate Muslims. The percentage of crazy to non-crazy in Islam vs. Christianity is almost an exact flip. It's not quite that bad, but it's close. Christianity is a bunch of moderates with a handful of crazies, Islam is a bunch of crazies with a handful of moderates.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
If you constantly have to say "they aren't all bad as an argument, you know there is trouble for that group as a whole.

Apr 27, 2012

Zombie Muhamad case with Muslim judge suggesting Sharia law

Amusement park incident where Muslim women warned IN ADVANCE that hijab was a safety risk on rides, riot broke out

Christians attacked in Michigan

obama/clinton apologizing for movie

Conference on radical Islam requiring massive security because of DEATH THREATS

Tax dollars being given to Muslim extremist groups

And Much More

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Rainsford it isn't that all Muslims are the same, or that anyone thinks that.

It's that the percentage of crazy, violent, murderous fundamentalists in Islam is way, WAY higher than in Christianity or Judaism. And there is more bleed over of that sort of mentality even into those who aren't that way. It is a less distinct line between the crazies and non-crazies than in those other two religions.

in Christianity, for example, in 2012 the real fundamentalist crazies are ostracized by the entire society, including the vast majority of their own religion. One thing that helps this is the vast number of sects within Christianity. All these sects help Christians avoid feeling too monolithic or too much solidarity, which can be dangerous in a crazy, false ideology based on bronze age, warlike, anti-woman myth.

So if you get an abortion clinic bomber or a Fred Phelps or what have you, these people might have a small group or following... but it never seems to get much traction and certainly doesn't ever seem to threaten to subsume Christianity or a large share of it.

The thing with Islam is that the crazies, the violent murderous intolerant anti-woman thugs... are not so easily isolated. Islam only has 2 or 3 sects... there are a few variants like Wahhabism etc, but overall... Islam is much, much more monolithic than the other two Abrahamic traditions are currently.

There is a much higher general approval of the crazies and their behavior among the MAJORITY of Muslims, even those who wouldn't directly participate in such actions.

You have the die hard, crazy ass Bin Laden types who are prepared to dedicate their life to murderous terrorism... this group is FAR larger than in the other two religions. This group enjoys MUCH higher approval among the rest of Islam than the equivalent groups do in the other two religions.

You then have the hordes of less extreme but still very dangerous, violent Muslims who might conduct themselves fairly normally on most days... but given the slightest reason to join into a mob and storm an embassy, rape a reporter, drag a Coptic Christian to their death... whatever, they're down. They are completely ready and willing to put their individuality and normal life aside at a moment's notice to get in on that sort of behavior. This group likewise is far far larger than in the other two religions. It's not even clear that such a group exists in the other two.

The percentage of truly civilized, decent Muslims who are completely compatible with the modern, western notions of civilization and human rights, is disturbingly small. They exist, and usually they exist because of isolated, prolonged exposure to western environments... but yes there are some in the middle eastern countries, etc too. No doubt. These are fine people and worthy of including in our civilization. I have no problem with them.

The problem is the percentages and the bleed over. So nobody is saying all Muslims are the same, we're saying there aren't enough modern, moderate Muslims. The percentage of crazy to non-crazy in Islam vs. Christianity is almost an exact flip. It's not quite that bad, but it's close. Christianity is a bunch of moderates with a handful of crazies, Islam is a bunch of crazies with a handful of moderates.

First off, when you read/heard that Islam is a Monolithic religion, it meant that they worship one God not multiple.
And ya, it's the same God that the Christians and the Jews worship

Christianity is 3 main groups, and then you start dividing it up, just like Islam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

What we are seeing right now is thousands of people, in cities of 10's of millions, in countries of hundreds of millions freaking out.
Over and over
By far most of the people are working or sitting at home watching soap operas,

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Here's a good article.

The True Story of Sharia in American Courts

From a legal perspective, the wave of anti-Sharia legislation should be much ado about nothing. Sharia is as much a threat to our Constitution as Bible verses calling for the stoning of adulterers or the genocidal directive in Deuteronomy to leave “alive nothing that breathes.” Like the Old and New Testaments, Sharia has its own conflicts and tensions with modern conceptions of gender equality and citizenship. To suggest that banning Sharia or the Bible is the only way to ward off the stoning of women or the execution of apostates is clearly, maliciously false.

The Sharia scaremongers often rely on a single New Jersey case, S.D. v. M.J.R., as proof that Islamic law is seeping into our court system. In it, a wife sought a restraining order against her husband, alleging that he repeatedly beat and sexually assaulted her. The judge denied her request, holding that the defendant did not form the criminal intent necessary to commit the crime, because his genuine religious beliefs dictated that he was entitled to sexual relations upon demand. The ruling was wrong—both under state law and Sharia—and, not surprisingly, the New Jersey Appellate Court reversed it in 2010.

The true story of Sharia in American courts is not one of a plot for imminent takeover but rather another part of the tale of globalization. Marriages, divorces, corporations and commercial transactions are global, meaning that US courts must regularly interpret and apply foreign law. Islamic law has been considered by American courts in everything from the recognition of foreign divorces and custody decrees to the validity of marriages, the enforcement of money judgments, and the awarding of damages in commercial disputes and negligence matters.

Last edited:

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
First off, when you read/heard that Islam is a Monolithic religion, it meant that they worship one God not multiple.
And ya, it's the same God that the Christians and the Jews worship

lol, I know the difference between the words "monolithic" and "monotheistic" - do you?

I also obviously know all three of these blights upon humanity are Abrahamic and share, ostensibly, the same invisible man.

I don't have much use for any superstition, no matter it's size, age, or influence. This does not prevent me from recognizing when one is more of a threat to civilization, women's rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, freedom of association, and all the other things I value than are other superstitions which may or may not have a great deal in common with it.

Thankfully when Christianity went through it's most belligerent phase, it did not have a technologically advanced, morally distinct civilization elsewhere on the globe that it was aware of and was able to point at and use as a boogie man, a warning to it's faithful, and a target of perpetual rage regeneration.

Oh and btw I fully acknowledge the role the west's clumsy attempts at guiding the middle east has played in making them hate us as much as they do, and in perpetuating that. Unfortunately there is no ability to go back and have a do over, and I do not think they are amenable to an understanding now. They hold grudges too well there. So I think the only choice now is they fall, or we do.

The situation Islam finds itself in now is unique and self-fueling, I do not think we can reasonably expect it to undergo the same transformation and watering down the other two Abrahamic myths did. Nor, in a world with nuclear weapons, can we afford to wait and hope for such a transformation.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
lol, I know the difference between the words "monolithic" and "monotheistic" - do you?

In reference to religion? No, I don't, tell me

I don't have much use for any superstition, no matter it's size, age, or influence. This does not prevent me from recognizing when one is more of a threat to civilization, women's rights, gay rights, freedom of speech, freedom of association, and all the other things I value than are other superstitions which may or may not have a great deal in common with it.

All those things can only happen if someone is crazy enough to believe that one day the US is to going consist of mostly Islamic Fundimentalists

Apr 27, 2012
Is it that hard to use a search engine if you are not well-read? England is just the start.

Keep your head in the sand, it is safer there.

England is run over with it, and in many parts of Europe as well. Its also happening in Canada and parts of the US

Apr 27, 2012
No its not. Where in England is ruled by Sharia law?

There are areas that are no go areas and are Muslim areas, are you really that dense that you cant see this? Or are you overcome with white liberal guilt and have racism of lower expectations? :\

It takes pure ignorance to not see this :D