Moon Landings a Hoax?

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
ca. 1989, as a career Astronomy Educator/Explicator, I successfully made it through the process to obtain from NASA certification to handle and transport moon rocks and dust, considered essentially irreplaceable National Treasures.

From my subsequent handling of lunar materials, I have come within fractions of an inch of actually touching lunar material, as close as any Apollo astronaut that walked on, and collected parts of, the moon ever came to actually touching the stuff.

So, how do I know that this stuff is real?

How do I, or anyone else, know that the moon landings actually took place as they were broadcast, when I was almost 16?

What is the undeniable proof that the moon landings actually happened?

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
What about the laser reflector that was put there and used by many labs, including Canadian ones, to subsequently measure the Earth-Moon distance?

This 'experiment' was repeated by different research groups over a period of time. Kinda hard to hoax that one!

Lonely Boy (Paul Anka)

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
Why would they fake it?

Because the US wanted to win a battle against Russia.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Denis;

Those corner reflector arrays could easily have been left by unmanned lunar landers. ;)

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Slick Willy;

<...Does it really matter?...>

Yes, yes it does.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, yeah, as if the Aliens aren't behind that website for their own nefarious purposes!

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
You is what you is, and that's all that you is...

You're not a double-negative, so don't deny it.

UG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It only [edit]really[/edit] said Apollo 13 happened. ;)

[edit2]Besides, that's still anecdotal.[/edit2]

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I was 2 years younger than you UG and I remember that afternoon. I think we did land several crews as reported. However I also understand why people today would be more skeptical. It is my belief that we are less capable today of repeating that feat with all our great and marvelous toys than we were in 1969. I could be wrong but we seem to have a lot of problems with landers in the last few years.

Vikaden

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2000
why would they fake it? Because they are female?

for any females, this is a joke and only a joke

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I could see faking it once, maybe even twice, but to fake the Apollo 13 disaster makes absolutely no sense :)

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
The Russians would have had to been in on the hoax. I am sure that they were tuning in on the signals coming from the moon. I see no way to send radio signals from the moon without actually being there. If we were not transmitting from the moon wouldn't the Russians howled to high heaven and back?

rubix

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
not only was the &quot;moon&quot; landing not real, but this so-called &quot;moon&quot; is not real either. everyone knows the earth resides on top of a giant turtle, which is why the earth does not fall from space. do you see a giant turtle under the moon? no! hence the moon is fake! the earth is flat and the sun revolves our planet also. good day sir, and get with the times.

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
I have been a member of the Flat Earth Society for several years and I must say: you are right.

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
UG
As I,m sure most of the readers of this thread know, it is possible for anyone to &quot;actually touch&quot; a moon rock. In the foyer of the Air and Space Museum in Washington DC, they have a permanent exhibit set up with a piece of moon rock about the sise of a fifty cent piece embedded in plastic so you can touch the exposed surface. Millions have rubbed it -- including me. Couldn't resist.

The Wildcard

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 1999
Hahah fake it? You must be the same people who also said that NASA was faking it when they landed the lunar rover on MARS a couple of years ago. I think they said that the actual picture were taken on a set that was built in a deserted part of Texas.

Anywaz, first off, i agree with somebody's post that if the US did fake it, Russia would figure it out. Second of all, why do that? just for pride? well to achieve real pride, you must acheive the real thing. So then you know you've earned that pride and NOBODY and NOTHING can take it away from you. You know how SHAMEFUL it would be if Russia proved that the US faked it? US pride would never recover from that and so the US wouldn't DARE RISK that.