MMO Events & Freebies

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Heroes of the Storm anniversary till the 12th. Free lootbox for a game each day and if you complete it 3 times some additional rewards.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Not sure if this fits here, but The Division is free from June 9th to the 12th

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
What do you need to do for it?
Looks like you need to do a daily event to get vouchers

During Star Trek Online’s 2017 Summer Event you will be able to obtain Lohlunat Prize Vouchers (2017) by participating in the “Flying High” event on a daily basis. These Prize Vouchers can be earned once per day, and used to complete an Event Reputation project to obtain the Vorgon Ryn’kodan Carrier [T6]! This project requires 1000 Lohlunat Prize Vouchers (2017).
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10525893-2017-summer-event-ship-stats!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Not really an MMO, but f2p Spellweaver card game has a 3-day trial for a month that you get all the cards to try decks without having to get them playing. Good way to try it. See referral thread for a code.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I suppose I should mention that GW2 is having a free preview weekend, starting now through Sunday, for their upcoming 2nd expansion (Sept 22). New maps (Elona--so for GW1 fans, the desert land of dervishes and such. Unfortunately, no dervishes and no new class added to the game this round) and new elite specs for existing classes...also mounts.

Elite class free weekend try out is the following weekend, I believe, or maybe some time later. Free for anyone to try, even without any GW2...I think.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Fri-Mon, World of Tanks has a free day of premium and 5x for each first win of the day and other discounts.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Not sure if I should put this here or not, but I've got three extra World of Warships codes for the USS Marblehead, 3 days of premium, and 250k credits. If somebody wants one, let me know.

Edit: I've been advised that the codes are only valid for new accounts and MAY be limited to US only. Not certain about the last one.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looks like LOTRO had some issues with latest patch, so you get a present.

As a special thank you for your patience, we are giving a free gift to all players. Use the following code to receive 50 Mithril Coins from the LOTRO Store with the Code MORDORMITHRIL, now through October 22nd, 1/Account.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
When checking the store for the costumes yesterday, also noticed I had a 23rd century package available to claim. Assuming I unlocked that somehow recently as I didn't see it as part of this but don't recall how or when.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
When checking the store for the costumes yesterday, also noticed I had a 23rd century package available to claim. Assuming I unlocked that somehow recently as I didn't see it as part of this but don't recall how or when.

I think they gave that away to launch the TOS season.

5 Phoenix packs today, it's like getting 20,000 dil free.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
If you're using them for anything other than upgrade tokens, you're doing it wrong. LOL.

Yes, they are the second-best tech upgrades in the game, after the Omega Tech ones we can start grinding for next week.

I did use an UR Phoenix token to get the T5 Jem'Hadar attack ship to unlock the frigate pets, and have used tokens for other misc. like Red Matter Capacitors, but most get turned into tech upgrades.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Yes, they are the second-best tech upgrades in the game, after the Omega Tech ones we can start grinding for next week.

I did use an UR Phoenix token to get the T5 Jem'Hadar attack ship to unlock the frigate pets, and have used tokens for other misc. like Red Matter Capacitors, but most get turned into tech upgrades.

Don't tell other people that in game or you'll get a lecture. LOL. The RMC got far less appealing after they nerfed it being effected by battery skills/DOFF's, but I can still using a token for that. Personally I can't stand doing the grind for the Omega's anymore. I'll just stick with the Phoenix boxes. I've got about 400 upgrade tokens left which will last me a good while.