MLK Day. :)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
we are all here today in my office, busting our butts as usual, no one even noticed its MLK day.

I agree though, it should be on his birthday

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Btw, It was Governor John Ashcroft that signed the bill making Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday a holiday in Missouri.:cool:

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
Just an observation:

MLK & Jesus are the only two people who we celebrate holidays for here in the US.

Washington & Lincoln got lumped under Presidents day and who knows how long its going to be before the ACLU gets Christmas kicked off the list.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Russ, some would argue that the country is better off that the government is taking the day off... particularly the Congress and regulatory agencies. One less day that they can come up with some 'great new idea' to make all our lives better, and in so doing, make for yet more money spent on compliance costs or filling out paperwork. In fact, i would go so far as to say that we'd be much better off if quite a few government departments and agencies were given permanent vacations....

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Don't forget about Columbus day, now! :D

As far as monday holidays go...we're an overworked country as it is, so any holiday that we actually celebrate is fine with me. It's sad that some people actually forget why the holiday is there, but changing it to be on MLK, Jr's real bday as opposed to the third monday isn't going to make any more people remember the cause than currently do.