Mitt Romney defacto admits he is a phony

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Mitt must be doing great if this is what people are using to attack him now. This isn't even a blip on the radar. He hired a company who in turn hired illegals. How is this different from ANYTHING ELSE in the United States? Hope none of the other candidates haven't eaten any food in the last 10 years, because I'm willing to bet an illegal had a hand in growing/picking/raising/feeding/preparing 99% of the food they put in their mouth. Don't enjoy any facilities because illegals were the ones cleaning them.

Then you criticize him for saying that "he's running for president for pete's sake". What's he supposed to say? "It just isn't right for pete's sake". Then the same people say "what isn't right, for people to try to better themselves? To work an make a wage on a day's work?"

You are grasping for straws. Mitt's going to be the next president of the united states.

PS I am not pro or anti mitt or anyone else. I am, however, anti stupid. And this thread is stupid.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Mitt must be doing great if this is what people are using to attack him now. This isn't even a blip on the radar. He hired a company who in turn hired illegals. How is this different from ANYTHING ELSE in the United States? Hope none of the other candidates haven't eaten any food in the last 10 years, because I'm willing to bet an illegal had a hand in growing/picking/raising/feeding/preparing 99% of the food they put in their mouth. Don't enjoy any facilities because illegals were the ones cleaning them.

Then you criticize him for saying that "he's running for president for pete's sake". What's he supposed to say? "It just isn't right for pete's sake". Then the same people say "what isn't right, for people to try to better themselves? To work an make a wage on a day's work?"

You are grasping for straws. Mitt's going to be the next president of the united states.

PS I am not pro or anti mitt or anyone else. I am, however, anti stupid. And this thread is stupid.

It's illegal would have worked.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
It's illegal would have worked.
Does everybody have to state the obvious at all times? Isn't that why he fired them, because it's illegal? Don't his actions show that he knew it was illegal? What if he would have said "It's illegal" but didn't fire them? Would that make it better?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Does everybody have to state the obvious at all times? Isn't that why he fired them, because it's illegal? Don't his actions show that he knew it was illegal? What if he would have said "It's illegal" but didn't fire them? Would that make it better?

It's not what he told the people at the debate and not what he told the lawn care service.

I guess it's your choice to believe what you think he meant as opposed to what he actually said.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You caught him, Mitt Romney supports illegals just like the Democrats do. TY OP for clearing this all up.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Heard this (Dem) talking point all last night on TV. OP's been watching (Dem) cable TV news shows?

Yeah, I noticed it when he said. I thought he mentioned to demonstrate how stupid or unbelievable Perry's claim was. A guy with a quarter billion $'s in the bank is gonna jeopardize his campaign to save a few bucks getting his yard mowed by an illegal?

Illegals have been killing political careers for a while now. Happened to some woman back under Clinton, the whole "nanny tax" thing. Meg Whitman was tarred with it too.

Romney is known to be organized, detailed, thorough and careful. To have illegals on your payroll while running for office, particularly if a Repub, would be incredibly stupid and careless.

I've rented out office space in my commercial building to unknowns running for Congress. They are all paranoid about any and every rule (e.g., proper signage per city ordinance etc.) because they know the opposition is always looking for something to tar them with.

He mentioned it to show the (now proven) absurdity of Perry's accusation. You just don't do such stupid stuff while under the intense scrutiny of a campaign.

Fern