Mississippi welfare goes to ~ Brett Favre!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Take it from me, it's like being a guy looking for overt sexism. You are less likely to see it even in it's presence.

I told the story here a few months ago of working in West Va going to pickup food from a BBQ joint and stench of racism permeated the air. You likely would have missed it.
I get that, but how do I act on it? I've found a lovely place to live that checks all the boxes, how do I address racism if I can't see it? I assumed that a state that's 38% black would have worked the major bugs out of living together.
The issue here is that you've lived it and I haven't. But if I move south there will be one more person there that isn't an overt racist.

Reactions: pcgeek11

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
He (Favre) was reported paid for 3 speeches where he showed up but never gave them. His initial response was my agent handles all of that and we didn't know from where the money was coming. Favre paid $400,000 back when the story broke a year or so ago. The state basically kissed his ass for that, so I'm surprised they are going after the rest.

Brett and some of the other schemers are close with the previous Governor. His fingerprints are all over this but nothing will come of it. The entire state is nothing more than a "good ole boys" network.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Wouldn't it be great if we could punish them for their beliefs? We should be able to force those idiots to live the way they're told to.
Telling them how to live, believe it or not, is one step in the right direction because at least the beatings have stopped.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I get that, but how do I act on it? I've found a lovely place to live that checks all the boxes, how do I address racism if I can't see it? I assumed that a state that's 38% black would have worked the major bugs out of living together.
The issue here is that you've lived it and I haven't. But if I move south there will be one more person there that isn't an overt racist.
That would be a good thing for the south. My answer is when you see it don't tolerate it. Every little bit helps.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
What, I thought morale was supposed to improve first. I can't imagine what morale is like living in that shithole.
Well, I figured if it's already at the very bottom the only way for it to go is up.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
This is exactly how those "shithole" countries operate, with corrupt govt officials siphoning off public monies for themselves and their rich cronies. Yet another GOP projection.

Reactions: thilanliyan

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
As a black man who could be attacked just for jogging in a neighborhood where hoards of crackers don't think I belong, I'll stay here in PA. Close to the populated cities, out of the likes of Berks County.

I wouldn't feel the love you would

Hoards of crackers. Isn't that a bit racist? Oh I forgot it's OK for you to be racist... :rolleyes:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Wouldn't it be great if we could punish them for their beliefs? We should be able to force those idiots to live the way they're told to.

This is fucking hilarious considering it's the red states that have the disproportionate representation in govt, to the extent that they can "win" elections with a minority of the votes, and it's the conservatives who are trying to force their religious beliefs on everyone and tell them how to live.
But personally, I think it'd just be great if these corrupt Republicans stopped breaking the fucking law and getting away with it, which is the actual topic of these thread. But I guess you're not concerned with misuse of taxpayer money when it's going to rich Republicans.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Move is in 14 months give or take. Unless the economy totally crashes, then I'll be stuck in this over crowed dump for the rest of my life.
I checked into health care when I went to look around, they have a real hospital with indoor plumbing and the doctor wasn't wearing overalls! Also, the local shaman is apparently pretty good with charms and spells, so I think I'm covered.
I'm a little concerned about the lack of five star restaurants in the area I'm looking at, it was almost a deal breaker until I found Scooters BBQ a few miles down the road. Bubba (the matrade) was very helpful and assured me that they could reserve a table on just a few day's notice.
I think it's going to work out.

I wouldn't worry about the economy. In 2 years the Dems will still be fixing it but at least it won't be weathering the chaos and volatility of Trump's tantrums and penchant to pick favorites over politics.

Well we wouldn't want any deal breakers on your path to joining the country's fattest people now would we? You seem to already have their politics, so maybe pack some of that beloved ivermectin? Should be handy, what with y'all southern conservatives so fond of eating shit. Or maybe Bubba the matrade knows a pastor who can put the fear of the lord in them worms, who knows?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You could listen to black people?

They been complaining for like, a hundred years.

Of course, sometimes victims are just angry and blindly trusting them isnt a solution either.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
Hoards of crackers. Isn't that a bit racist? Oh I forgot it's OK for you to be racist... :rolleyes:

If it wasn't actually a true statement it would be racist. I don't think calling racists crackers is racist in itself, in fact I consider it far kinder than calling them (and you, apparently) what they are, slackjawed pathetic inbred fucktard racists.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
I wouldn't worry about the economy. In 2 years the Dems will still be fixing it but at least it won't be weathering the chaos and volatility of Trump's tantrums and penchant to pick favorites over politics.

Well we wouldn't want any deal breakers on your path to joining the country's fattest people now would we? You seem to already have their politics, so maybe pack some of that beloved ivermectin? Should be handy, what with y'all southern conservatives so fond of eating shit. Or maybe Bubba the matrade knows a pastor who can put the fear of the lord in them worms, who knows?

About the economy, I'd sell before next summer. I own all my property outright and have no outstanding debt on anything so I'll be just fine but most people won't.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
If it wasn't actually a true statement it would be racist. I don't think calling racists crackers is racist in itself, in fact I consider it far kinder than calling them (and you, apparently) what they are, slackjawed pathetic inbred fucktard racists.

Oh no, You hurt my feelings...

:rolleyes:

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
Oh no, You hurt my feelings...

:rolleyes:

You do realize that by promoting racism you are a racist and by promoting fascism you are a fascist, right?

That's not a claim I'm making, that is a statement about observable reality as is. I'm fairly sure you can't see that in yourself but it is true none the less.

Maybe try not being a fascist racist? Nah, you're taught too well by church and state (that you adore, the fascist, Trump et al) to be just that to devoid from it.

I find people like you who try to play some kind of game where this is in any way funny to be the absolute worst examples of human beings there are. There is no irony here, no sarcasm present, you're trying to dismiss it as something not all that important and yet it IS important to so very many people in your nation. But you don't care about them, why would you? FYGM is the Christian way these days in the US, isn't it?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Never took offense to the word cracker. It doesn't come from a historical position of power, it's meaningless.

Racist slurs against minority groups that were actively oppressed have meaning because they had power from being used by the oppressors.

Makes all the difference. White people that take offense to the word cracker are just drama queens

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
Never took offense to the word cracker. It doesn't come from a historical position of power, it's meaningless.

Racist slurs against minority groups that were actively oppressed have meaning because they had power from being used by the oppressors.

Makes all the difference. White people that take offense to the word cracker are just drama queens

As long as I'm not included with the racist fascist fucks I'm fine with it.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

You see them being the fattest state as a drawback. I see it as a feature. The wife and I look like movie stars walking around that place.

I'm really sorry you hate people because of where they live or their lack of education. Just keep in mind when you talk about how much you hate people from Mississippi, 38% of the people you hate are black.

MichaelMay

Jun 6, 2021
You see them being the fattest state as a drawback. I see it as a feature. The wife and I look like movie stars walking around that place.

I'm really sorry you hate people because of where they live or their lack of education. Just keep in mind when you talk about how much you hate people from Mississippi, 38% of the people you hate are black.

I despise people who have been educated on a subject and three hours later play pretend that they never knew.

People who are uniformed is one thing but people who are informed and absorbed nothing of it is another matter, they are willfully ignorant and I consider that a disease of the mind, one far worse than dementia because it is wilful. So when I tell you that it's a good thing you're pretty because you sure are ignorant you'll know exactly what I mean.