Miscow Mitch says dump the President if you must

Feb 4, 2009
Moscow Mitch is afraid of losing the Senate, he just told his members to not support the President if that makes sense for your race.

Presidential Tweet Storm incoming!

This will fail because they hitched themselves to the most selfish person imaginable. There is zero chance the President will look at this disloyalty kindly. The President will shit all over the most at risk candidates thus torpedoing their chances of keeping the seat.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Moscow Mitch is afraid of losing the Senate, he just told his members to not support the President if that makes sense for your race.

This will fail because they hitched themselves to the most selfish person imaginable. There is zero chance the President will look at this disloyalty kindly. The President will shit all over the most at risk candidates thus torpedoing their chances of keeping the seat.
It took them this long to realize that having their fortunes tied to Trump would be detrimental to their reelections?
I guess 150,000 plus dead and Florida exponentially exploding, the bubble has popped?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Mitch says a lot of things. Some honest, some dishonest, and some in between.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

This is the fact. They don't dare cut the cord to the president because so many of their potential voters will turn against them the minute they do. The GOP is set up for a catastrophe. I say good riddance.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well back in 2016, it certainly seemed like a really good idea to jump in the shower with Trump, scrub his back, tell him what a hunk'in handsome stud he was and behave like the lampreys those Repubs in the House and Senate really are and attach their teeth lined sucking lips to Trump's ass for the duration.

So now all of a sudden-like the lampreys are ashamed to be seen stuck on Trump's ass cheeks after his skivvies hit the floor and now, and now some of 'um want to detach themselves because Trump crapped all over them and they don't want to be seen how filthy they've become all while explaining to Trump's base how it ain't no thang see, because Trump is still "The Man" and they still back his play 'cept when they have to go back home and 'splain to what's left of the faithful how not wearing masks had noth'in to do with killing their memaws an' paws and swallowing down those hydroxichloroquine pills with three fingers worth of clorox was the best way to get rid of the hoax virus the Democrats were poisoning them with.

Good luck with that Susan. heh

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Hahaha! These people, they really are servants of Takhisis! For realz!

I've been saying that shit for years and laughed, but it's actually true! When things go pearshaped for them they turn on each other and start eating their own. There's no loyalty (genuine one, I mean, not the wall of silence that goes for it in the Repugnicon party), there's no honesty, there's no truthfulness and there's no ethics.

There's only unfettered greed, and blind, selfish lust for power. Evil always turns in on itself in the end. That's the way it is.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Hahaha! These people, they really are servants of Takhisis! For realz!

I've been saying that shit for years and laughed, but it's actually true! When things go pearshaped for them they turn on each other and start eating their own. There's no loyalty (genuine one, I mean, not the wall of silence that goes for it in the Repugnicon party), there's no honesty, there's no truthfulness and there's no ethics.

There's only unfettered greed, and blind, selfish lust for power. Evil always turns in on itself in the end. That's the way it is.

Takhisis! The False Metal! Holy Dragonlance reference Batman, by gor it's been awhile

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
Holy Dragonlance reference Batman, by gor it's been awhile
Aye, Dragonlance is oldschool now, those books will start turning 40 soon.

However, I'm still right, and if you were to slice open Moscow Mitch's sallowy, sagging carapace, what shape underneath would you find but a Draconian? You can see the contours of it in the folds of unshapely flesh of the face and neck. He's probably a Bozak, as they're well suited to leadership.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Republicans are like a bunch of drinking buddies who were desperate enough to get home quickly that they hopped in the car of a drunk man (Trump) they didn't really like.

At first, it seemed like the right idea -- they'd reach their destination so much faster. But then Trump started driving more and more erratically, and now they're genuinely terrified he'll crash the car and take out the whole party in the process.

They were so desperate for short term power that they didn't stop to think about what Trump meant for them in the long term. It's now entirely possible that they not only lose the presidency, but the Senate as well... and even if they keep the Senate, there's a real chance that their 'moment' has been lost due to Biden (who'll likely reverse many of Trump's decisions), demographic shifts and simply losing key party members to old age.

On that note: it's rather amusing to think that if people like Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan are the future of the Republican party... the party is screwed. Being a screeching Trump drone only helps as long as Trump is in power; when he's not, you have no sway.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Republicans are like a bunch of drinking buddies who were desperate enough to get home quickly that they hopped in the car of a drunk man (Trump) they didn't really like.

At first, it seemed like the right idea -- they'd reach their destination so much faster. But then Trump started driving more and more erratically, and now they're genuinely terrified he'll crash the car and take out the whole party in the process.

They were so desperate for short term power that they didn't stop to think about what Trump meant for them in the long term. It's now entirely possible that they not only lose the presidency, but the Senate as well... and even if they keep the Senate, there's a real chance that their 'moment' has been lost due to Biden (who'll likely reverse many of Trump's decisions), demographic shifts and simply losing key party members to old age.

On that note: it's rather amusing to think that if people like Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan are the future of the Republican party... the party is screwed. Being a screeching Trump drone only helps as long as Trump is in power; when he's not, you have no sway.

I'm good with the Party of Treason making Gaetz's permadumb expression and blubbery jowls the face of their party. I know both children and old women who just want to punch that guy. That speaks to something I think, like animals hissing at the approach of something evil, haha.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

However, I'm still right, and if you were to slice open Moscow Mitch's sallowy, sagging carapace, what shape underneath would you find but a Draconian? You can see the contours of it in the folds of unshapely flesh of the face and neck. He's probably a Bozak, as they're well suited to leadership.

I would hope his putrid remains would be loaded into a GnomeFlinger, so we'd be able to fire his worthless ass out the door in a manner befitting his slimy nature.

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
They didn't actually want to hop into his car though... They were forced to go along with it after Dumpy came along and essentially hijacked pretty much the entire GOP base with his unabashedly hateful, vitriolic and openly racist rhetoric. Those white trash, redneck and christian crazies mofos all ate that shit up like it was chocolate mousse, loving that it was now okay to be out and proud bigots and fascists. (As a proof for this, the upswing in hate crimes around the U.S. following Dumpy's election has been positively tangible.)

The GOP leadership - who did recognize the danger only it was far too late by then - tried to get rid of him by briefly floating the idea of nominating another candidate of their own before the convention of 2016 if you remember - was therefore forced to just hang on as hard as they could for the ride. Dumpy had firmly taken charge of the party. They told themselves it'll be all right, we can control him like a marionette from behind the scenes, but Dumpy is like you said a free-wheeling maniac and cannot be fully controlled.

And of course he turned out to be a despot who demands total, complete, undying loyalty from everyone else around him, and he will sic his base on anyone in the GOP who goes up against him. He's got them all cowed, at least up until now. We'll see what happens henceforth though, maybe party leadership is fed up enough and have reached the point where they'll just let everything crash and burn in this election and then pick up the pieces afterwards and work with whatever's left once Dumpy is simply gone from the picture.

After all, there's always 2024 to look forwards to, when Biden will be fucking 81 years ancient - he might well not be fit for re-election. Shit, considering the stress of holding the office he might well croak or be forced to bow out before then.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
There's not enough toilet paper to wipe the shit stains the clowns have for associating with Trump. People have short attention spans, but not this short.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
They didn't actually want to hop into his car though... They were forced to go along with it after Dumpy came along and essentially hijacked pretty much the entire GOP base with his unabashedly hateful, vitriolic and openly racist rhetoric. Those white trash, redneck and christian crazies mofos all ate that shit up like it was chocolate mousse, loving that it was now okay to be out and proud bigots and fascists. (As a proof for this, the upswing in hate crimes around the U.S. following Dumpy's election has been positively tangible.)

The GOP leadership - who did recognize the danger only it was far too late by then - tried to get rid of him by briefly floating the idea of nominating another candidate of their own before the convention of 2016 if you remember - was therefore forced to just hang on as hard as they could for the ride. Dumpy had firmly taken charge of the party. They told themselves it'll be all right, we can control him like a marionette from behind the scenes, but Dumpy is like you said a free-wheeling maniac and cannot be fully controlled.

And of course he turned out to be a despot who demands total, complete, undying loyalty from everyone else around him, and he will sic his base on anyone in the GOP who goes up against him. He's got them all cowed, at least up until now. We'll see what happens henceforth though, maybe party leadership is fed up enough and have reached the point where they'll just let everything crash and burn in this election and then pick up the pieces afterwards and work with whatever's left once Dumpy is simply gone from the picture.

After all, there's always 2024 to look forwards to, when Biden will be fucking 81 years ancient - he might well not be fit for re-election. Shit, considering the stress of holding the office he might well croak or be forced to bow out before then.

That's why I said the driver was a drunk man they didn't particularly like. They knew Trump was bad, but decided that immediate gratification was more important than the long-term health of the party. In being desperate to gain something, they risk losing everything.

And while I certainly rule out a GOP comeback in 2024 if it loses, I can't help but think the party is racing against the clock. Every election nudges it one step close to being further alienated from modern American demographics, one step further out of touch with social realities like LGBT and reproductive rights. Let's not forget that Biden will also likely preside over the recovery of the US. He may not be fit for a second term, but Americans may want more of the same just as they did with Obama in 2012.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Takhisis! The False Metal! Holy Dragonlance reference Batman, by gor it's been awhile

Takhisis. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in along time
Obi-Wan-Kenobi_6d775533.jpeg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Mitch hated Trump originally as did most establishment republicans. THEN, Trump got elected and Mitch was like "oh oh". THEN, Trump picked some highly ideological US Supreme court nominees and Mitch thought, oh, wow, maybe this Trump guy isn't so bad after all. And THEN it went to Donald Trump giving republicans like Mitch every thing they could ever want. And so, Mitch fell in love with Donald.

But now, something new has happened. The Coronavirus. And Mitch isn't so sure that Donald Trump will be reelected or is the asset that Trump once was for republicans. As Donald Trump does things and says things that makes even Mitch McConnell cringe, and considering the likelihood that Donald Trump will not be reelected, Mitch is ready to bail on Donald unless Mitch sees a major turnaround in Donald Trump's chances.

If Donald Trump should lose in 2020, I can see the lines and lines of republican senators and house members all more than willing to denounce Donald Trump. "HE MADE US DO IT", they all will say, or "I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE TRUMP THAT MUCH DOWN DEEP", they will say. And the books.... OH THE BOOKS that will be coming from defeated republican senators as they tell it all on how conned they were and how awfully sorry they now are that they ever heard the name Donald Trump.

I think Mitch is preparing for two things, one that Donald Trump will most likely lose, and second that Mitch will have to explain himself to the American public for the past 4 years.