Military readies plans to lift ban on transgender personnel

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Why would trans members be subject to the same limitations as diabetic members? Can you provide any medical evidence to back this up?

Isn't gender identity disorder primarily caused by insulin imbalance? o_O :rolleyes:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Good Lord. I am so glad I retired from this circus they are running from Washington DC they are trying to pass off as a Military.

Women on Submarines, Transgenders everywhere ... what is next? It scares me.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Good Lord. I am so glad I retired from this circus they are running from Washington DC they are trying to pass off as a Military.

Women on Submarines, Transgenders everywhere ... what is next? It scares me.

You sleep easy in your bed at night because rough girls and tranny's stand ready to do violence on your behalf.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Absolutely terrible idea. I am currently in Quantico,VA. Headquarters of the Marine Corps in a class with 95 (had 97 dropped two to being fatties) other Marines. We break out into open discussions sometimes about this or that. A woman who "identifies" (stupid term) as a man and tried to be a Marine would not go over well based from personal experience. Especially based on which MOS he/she went to. Fact is females can't do everything physically men can do.

edit, and to claim that Ortega deployed with no problems on deployments, is because Ortega was on a big base. As an helicopter crew chief they don't go down range. Ortega was not without a good chow hall, gym, place to actually sleep. Which all effect working out. Washington post calling them "combat deployments" is misleading. Sure it can technically be in a combat zone, but no where near combat. Touchy subject for me.
Well said, and thank you for your service.

It's funny to watch you fail when simply asked to support your position. Instead you made up some military fanfic.

If you guys want to argue that supporting trans troops in the field is infeasible how about providing a single, solitary piece of evidence other than your own opinion?

Oh wait, that's a lot more work than whining about how someone told you that you should have spent a second looking up if testosterone needed to be refrigerated.
Just like it's funny to watch you pretend that transitioning from one sex to another is simple and inexpensive.

:sneaky:

And I agree with everything you've posted on this one.
Thanks.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Either way, you want the most bang for your buck. You're not getting that with the transgender F35 program.
Problem is a lot of Americans don't want the most bang for our buck. They want social justice, and if that weakens our military, even better.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Problem is a lot of Americans don't want the most bang for our buck. They want social justice, and if that weakens our military, even better.

Still waiting for a big SJW push to require women to sign up for the draft.

Nov 25, 2013
Still waiting for a big SJW push to require women to sign up for the draft.

You mean like this? It's not your scary little 'SJWs' though.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ter-with-selective-service-gaining-steam?lite

Or, going back to 1980 and NOW, they oppose the draft for everyone but believe that if there is one, it should be for both men and women.

"1980 NOW announces opposition to the draft, but states that if there is a draft, NOW supports the inclusion of women on the same basis as men."

http://now.org/about/history/highlights/

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ter-with-selective-service-gaining-steam?lite

Or, going back to 1980 and NOW, they oppose the draft for everyone but believe that if there is one, it should be for both men and women.

"1980 NOW announces opposition to the draft, but states that if there is a draft, NOW supports the inclusion of women on the same basis as men."

lol So a line in a policy platform designed to push the ERA is a "big SJW push to require women to sign up for the draft"? Don't think so.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I'm all for requiring women to sign up with the selective service just like men. hopefully we never use it, but what is the point in leaving half our population base out of the fight?

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005

I'm not seeing Twitter afire about it. There are more important issues, like Mario saving Peach.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Maybe people in the military realized there's no valid military reason to keep excluding these people so how about we stop kicking them out.

Mental illness is not a good reason?

Progressives have the public believing transgender is not a mental illness. This transgender bullcrap is the same as people who want their legs amputated or their spinal cord snipped.

Someone wants their legs, arms, or hands cut off they are mentally ill and need help.

Someone wants their penis cut off or their vagina changed that is normal?

Patient: Dr, I was born in the wrong body I am not supposed to have my left arm.
Dr: Get some help.

Patient: Dr, I was born in the wrong body I am not supposed to have a penis.
Dr: We can start you on medicines.

Feb 16, 2005
steaming-pile-of-shit.jpg

Usual hateful rhetoric for our favorite homophobic idiot.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
^ LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we'll have comic relief for a few days until tuggy get's underway again.

I am busy working on the chicken house this week. So I will be on and off here.

Usual hateful rhetoric for our favorite homophobic idiot.

Debate me.

How is wanting to have an arm or leg cut off mentally ill, but cutting a penis off is not?

Should the military allow people with a mental illness to serve?

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This may save our female soldiers from being raped. Say you're an average Islamic thug fighting for the Allah-given right to keep women as property and you capture an American female soldier. You would like to rape her. Mohammad says it's fine for you to rape her. Allah approves. However, now you cannot be sure she does not have a penis, in which case Allah will change his mind and insist you cut off your own head. And no virgins!

Feb 16, 2005
Debate me.

How is wanting to have an arm or leg cut off mentally ill, but cutting a penis off is not?

Should the military allow people with a mental illness to serve?

No, go fuck a chicken. You're not worth the time I've already spent typing this response.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
This may save our female soldiers from being raped. Say you're an average Islamic thug fighting for the Allah-given right to keep women as property and you capture an American female soldier. You would like to rape her. Mohammad says it's fine for you to rape her. Allah approves. However, now you cannot be sure she does not have a penis, in which case Allah will change his mind and insist you cut off your own head. And no virgins!

Because pre-marital sex carries such a harsh penalty in Islam (particularly for women,) heterosexual premarital sex is actually fairly uncommon. Instead, homosexual premarital sex, often with young boys, is fairly common throughout the Middle East and southwest Asia. This habit tends to carry on into married life for a small percentage of men.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Regardless of the opinion of being a transgender is a mental condition or perfectly normal this idea isn't a viable option for active military service. It's not really difficult to come to that conclusion unless you never served or have served and have little common sense.

Last edited:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
No, go fuck a chicken. You're not worth the time I've already spent typing this response.

Would you let someone who thinks he is a dog serve in the military? Let him/her dress in a dog suit and go around barking at people?

Or would you tell that person they are not a dog and go get some help?

yet when a man or woman thinks they are the opposite sex we are supposed to accept it?

http://new3.fjcdn.com/pictures/Nothing+personnel+kid+i+am+a+huge+lovely human+please+rape_0269b0_5426224.jpg

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Because pre-marital sex carries such a harsh penalty in Islam (particularly for women,) heterosexual premarital sex is actually fairly uncommon. Instead, homosexual premarital sex, often with young boys, is fairly common throughout the Middle East and southwest Asia. This habit tends to carry on into married life for a small percentage of men.
With young boys, yes. And with sheep or goats, as long as you don't eat the meat. Not with grown men. Although I'll admit I'm not sure where grown men with breasts fall on the Islamic scale of damnation. :D

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Would you let someone who thinks he is a dog serve in the military? Let him/her dress in a dog suit and go around barking at people?

Let em be a mascot for the Marines or Army. They could be used at football games or recruiting functions. They would be doing more in service of the US than you ever have.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
^ LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we'll have comic relief for a few days until tuggy get's underway again.

It seems that life on the salty, sweaty seas these last months has really amped up his rhetoric. I wonder what it is they do out there on those lonely nights?

Anyway, I'm of the overriding opinion that anyone that is fully willing and fully capable of serving and performing their duties, as required for their role, as well as the next man/woman/whatever, then they should be afforded the opportunity. The only way to erase poisonous bigotry (like TH), is to show by example. ...well, sometimes it clearly would never matter for certain hateful souls, but they seem to be a historical niche when it comes to human social advancement.

However, I think hormone replacement, including use of steroids, presents an actual legal issue here. You have the majority of your force that is prohibited from hormones classified as illegal within this organization, and another part of your force that would depend upon them.

I also understand that it's something that, essentially, brings the born-with-female-parts guy up to normal male hormone levels, so the biological effect should generally be considered "null"; but it further presents an issue when it comes to combat missions and the ability of that soldier to adapt to unpredictable circumstances, in the event that they are unable to reach that "null" level due to a loss of hormones.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

yet when a man or woman thinks they are the opposite sex we are supposed to accept it?

What about a dog that thinks its a person?