Michigan LOSES to Appalachian state 34-32

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
PWN3D...the ownage still isn't done from their last ass whooping...bahahahahahaha. Suck it Michigan.

Falloutboy

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2003
2 FGs blocked. not playing your star RB in key situations, Apalling front line blocking from a MICHIGAN team carr needs to be gone.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
hail to the vic- ert!

espn still hasn't tole me what happened, i think whoever enters plays is still shocked. just says 'Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 00:06.' as the last play

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Falloutboy
FIRE CARR

having you team this unprepared to play is unacceptable
As much as I hate to say it... I agree.

He has never seemed to have his teams prepared for any game.

Sure he's won some games... but come on... almost every game is a nail biter these days... wether they're playing Ohio State, or Canton High School.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
What an awesome start to a college football season. Michigan losing. BAHAHAHHAHAHAH :laugh:

Falloutboy

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2003
Originally posted by: theknight571
Originally posted by: Falloutboy
FIRE CARR

having you team this unprepared to play is unacceptable
As much as I hate to say it... I agree.

He has never seemed to have his teams prepared for any game.

Sure he's won some games... but come on... almost every game is a nail biter these days... wether they're playing Ohio State, or Canton High School.
he is a good recruiter, but he is to damn predictable and always gets outplayed in key games. this game they weren't even outplayed they just weren't ready to play. the star players put them in a position to win it many times, but the front line let them down both times. I put that on carrs head. there defence ver un michigan like and they were not ready to play.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
Can't be too mad at Mich. They just lost to the #1 team in the country and one that has won the last two national championships...

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HopJokey
Can't be too mad at Mich. They just lost to the #1 team in the country and one that has won the last two national championships...
lol, since my sarcasm meter is obviously out of batteries.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I know those matchups don't come up that often, but I wonder if any top-ten ranked team has ever before lost to a Division I-AA team.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RKS
No serious:

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/history/diviaa

I'm laughing because there should be a vast gap in talent level between I-A and I-AA. MeatChicken, however, should take a 1 year football hiatus.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: kranky
I know those matchups don't come up that often, but I wonder if any top-ten ranked team has ever before lost to a Division I-AA team.
No ranked team has ever lost to a Division I-AA team.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
No serious:

http://www.ncaasports.com/football/mens/history/diviaa

I'm laughing because there should be a vast gap in talent level between I-A and I-AA. MeatChicken, however, should take a 1 year football hiatus.
Hah yea definitely. I mean it's Michigan, not some FAMU or Fl Itl. But still, Appalachian state is the best div 1-aa team so they can play a little ball.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Until September 1st, 2007. :D

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Was Nebraska ranked that one year they lost to Troy (which was I-AA at the time)?

touchmyichi

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
In 2005 UC Davis (my school, whoot!) beat stanford. That was the best a I-AA team did before this.

2 years later this happened. Too bad this will overshadow my school, but I think that both of these may show that the gap is closing a little.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
App State's a pretty good team. I-AA football has been fairly strong the past few years, and they're by far the best team in the division. Good for them, they came in prepared and beat an opponent who was probably looking ahead to Week 2.

ASK THE COMMUNITY