MI and FL governors call for their voters to be counted

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: ranmaniac
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Many of you are forgetting that polling indicates that most Hillary supporters are of below average education, and intelligence...

Doesn't that explain most of what we're seeing from them here on P&N? :D

It's more of the case of blue collar workers, older people, white women etc who are supporting Hillary versus the latte drinking Starbucks snobs, driving in their Prius, and typing on their MacBook Pro's supporting Obama.

Guess I'm going against my genetic/lifestyle dictate, seeing as how I have a graduate degree. I don't frequent starbucks as often as DD for coffee though, so maybe that's where Hillary gets me. Oh, and I'm a PC guy, no Macs for me thanks.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Robor
So, it's OK since she only cheated a little bit? oh... OK... :confused:

HRC is fvcking scum.

Oh man... That's another one that's going into sirjonk's bag! ;) :p

No, he's safe since he's already on the very top of the list. Have you forgotten the gem of all gems? I don't think he or anyone else will top that one.

Can I bring a baseball bat covered in glue and pieces of glass? I'm sure [Hillary will] love it!

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: M0RPH

HRC is fvcking scum.

What about holding a rally AFTER the vote is over is cheating?

I've clearly shown you how Obama DID break the rules by advertising in Florida, and yet you still choose to ignore that and call Hillary the cheater. :roll:

Was she in Florida on the day of their primary? YES or NO?

Was any other candidate in Florida on the day of their primary? YES or NO?

Yes, Hillary is a liar and a cheater.

The agreement was no campaigning in FL/MI. I don't see how showing up after the voting is over makes her a cheater but whatever.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: Skoorb
They were told before hand their votes were meaningless. They already wasted their time. The rules must not be broken just so that Clinton can have a better shot at not being reamed on pledged delegate counts, which is all this is about. The ONLY reason people want this is to try and get Clinton back in the running, which is a big f-u to Obama supporters. I hope that if the democrats do this and clinton ends up nominated because of it that the democrats lose in 08, which by many accounts they seem to be trying their damndest to do.

I, for one, look forward to the Democrats not doing this and then trying to figure out how Obama's going to win without Florida.

Viginia + Iowa + Missouri > Florida

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko
That situation is a nightmare. They can't votes that were already cast because it wasn't fair - as I recall, Obama wasn't even on the MI ballot, and a lot of potential voters didn't even vote because they knew it wasn't counting. But how can you just count out two states in a close election?? I understand what happened - but are you discounting the voice of millions of citizens becaues their state decided to be morons?

bad news.

Because it isn't a real election.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy

Had they actually obeyed the rules, they would be in a powerful position (where they intended) - jumping the gun actually hurt them twice.

Maybe so, but you don't penalize millions of voters for a decision made by a few state party organizers.

actually you do penalize mullins of voters.
Becuase nobody spoke up and sdaid we should not be doing this.
The people in both those states deserve exactly what they get...they were a wussies and had no back bone to say do not do this!!

Your over whelming support for Hillary is sickening....

Let the people vote ovewr again and that will be the far thing!!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: sirjonk

HRC is fvcking scum.

I've clearly shown you how Obama DID break the rules by advertising in Florida, and yet you still choose to ignore that and call Hillary the cheater. :roll:

The agreement was no campaigning in FL/MI. I don't see how showing up after the voting is over makes her a cheater but whatever.
Hillary showed up early on the day of the primary, for a "private event," not after.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
One last time. Try to see if you get it this time.

The dem base that voted for Hillary will still vote dem in the GE.

The newly excited dems, independents and repubs that voted for Obama will very likely vote for McCain over Hillary or just not show up in the GE.

Which would you rather place your bet on?
Are you saying states like Utah, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, etc. (majority of Obama 'strongholds') will vote for Dem. candidate come November? They haven't voted for Democratic candidate for like half a century. (no offense to any democrats who reside in aforementioned states)

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

HRC is fvcking scum.

Hillary showed up early on the day of the primary, for a "private event," not after.

Private fundraising events were WITHIN the rules of the agreement. Again, you seem to have problems understanding the difference between tactics and cheating. But keep saying she's cheating, experiments have shown the more times you say something the more likely people will start to believe it.

You also ignore that the primary results were nearly identical to what the pollsters had it pegged at for weeks before the voting, a 15-20 point lead. I guess she cheated the pollsters too.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
But keep saying she's cheating, experiments have shown the more times you say something the more likely people will start to believe it.
Good.

Hillary Clinton, like her Husband, is a compulsive cheater.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
I mean, I personally like Obama (but not his manic supporters) but he looks too vulnerable to benign attacks that Reps will pour onto him in general election.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
But keep saying she's cheating, experiments have shown the more times you say something the more likely people will start to believe it.
Good.

Hillary Clinton, like her Husband, is a compulsive cheater.

If she brings us 8 years of peace and prosperity like he did, I don't care. Last time the idiots voted to "restore dignity and integrity to the white house" they fvcked this country up for decades.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If Michigan and Florida want to have a legal primary, they should just offer to put the candidates on the ticket and have another election legally. I would see nothing wrong with that. However, counting the Hillary only votes because she was the only person on the ticket would not be fair or right, or even left.

Hillary would love to have the vote counted because she was the only person on the ballot.

theGlove

Jan 13, 2005
why doesn't fl and mi pay for the do-over? after all they are the ones that screwed it up

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: theGlove
why doesn't fl and mi pay for the do-over? after all they are the ones that screwed it up

Florida doesn't want to pay for the do-over because it was the republican state party that moved up the primary, so why should the democrat state party have to be out 18+ million for something they didn't do?

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: lopri
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
One last time. Try to see if you get it this time.

The dem base that voted for Hillary will still vote dem in the GE.

The newly excited dems, independents and repubs that voted for Obama will very likely vote for McCain over Hillary or just not show up in the GE.

Which would you rather place your bet on?
Are you saying states like Utah, Idaho, Kansas, Nebraska, etc. (majority of Obama 'strongholds') will vote for Dem. candidate come November? They haven't voted for Democratic candidate for like half a century. (no offense to any democrats who reside in aforementioned states)

I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is that there is a much greater chance of it if Obama is the candidate than there is if Hillary is.

He has shown a pattern of being able to get people out to the polls and has also shown that he is more appealing to independents and moderate Repubs than Hillary is.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: theGlove

Florida doesn't want to pay for the do-over because it was the republican state party that moved up the primary, so why should the democrat state party have to be out 18+ million for something they didn't do?

Still, quite a bit of fault for this situation falls into the lap of the DNC, IMO.

They were too authoritarian and heavy handed in taking action to unseat ALL the delegates from those states.

We might not be hearing about this issue had they done something more along the lines of what the RNC did - just cut their delegate count in half. It would have made the primary "real" by making the vote count. We would have been able to see what the gross total votes were for each candidate and who really won the state. That's meaningful information. No re-vote would need be taken by any means. You could just later argue about the unseated half of delegates.

It makes me wonder about the prospects for this country under Dem leadership. Their demonstrated lack of planning, forsight, wisdom and the excercise of such heavy-handed tactics disturbs me.

Fern