MI and FL governors call for their voters to be counted

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Many of you are forgetting that polling indicates that most Hillary supporters are of below average education, and intelligence...

Doesn't that explain most of what we're seeing from them here on P&N? :D

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Many of you are forgetting that polling indicates that most Hillary supporters are of below average education, and intelligence...

Funny, I've not seen a single poll that included IQ testing. As the B.O. supporters are clearly showing, educated does not equal intelligent. :D

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: SViscusi

That report has been thoroughly debunked by everyone involved.

Nevertheless, blue-collar working-class people associate Hillary's name with the good economic times of Bill Clinton.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I can't go down that road. The problem with Hillary isn't Hillary supporters, it's Hillary, in my opinion.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: RY62

Funny, I've not seen a single poll that included IQ testing. As the B.O. supporters are clearly showing, educated does not equal intelligent. :D

Can you honestly argue that increased education doesn't lead to increased intelligence considering that intelligence is based on the accumulation and retention of learned events?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: M0RPH

Nevertheless, blue-collar working-class people associate Hillary's name with the good economic times of Bill Clinton.

so you agree that the only reason hillary is able to mount a campaign is because of bill then?

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

correct, a vote for hillary is good for 15 points on your next iq test.

:disgust:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

so you agree that the only reason hillary is able to mount a campaign is because of bill then?

no more so than Obama wouldn't be the front runner right now if he was white.

McCain '08. :p

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: getbush
The votes should absolutely NOT count now after the fact if only because the actual voting took place under the pretense that the votes would not matter anyway. A lot of people probably stayed home.

stayed home.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481

It has much more to do with his ability to inspire than the fact that he's black.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: glutenberg

It has much more to do with his ability to inspire than the fact that he's black.

take away the fact that he's getting 80% of the black vote, and what's left? would he even have been invited to give the DNC convention speech if he were some random white Midwestern politician?

I know there's no way to say that without sounding like a huge racist, but where would either of these candidates be without identity politics?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: getbush
The votes should absolutely NOT count now after the fact if only because the actual voting took place under the pretense that the votes would not matter anyway. A lot of people probably stayed home.

stayed home.

As did I. I'm a registered (R) who couldn't vote for a (D) so what was the point? I wouldn't have voted against McCain because he was far better than the other offerings (Huckabee/Romney/Paul) at the time but I wasn't going to make an effort to vote for him either.

I'll be submitting my long overdue (I'm a horrible procrastinator) party change form from (R) to (D) tomorrow.

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004

take away the fact that he's getting 80% of the black vote, and what's left? would he even have been invited to give the DNC convention speech if he were some random white Midwestern politician?

I know there's no way to say that without sounding like a huge racist, but where would either of these candidates be without identity politics?

If you look back to the beginnings of the elections, he was not slated to receive much of the African American vote. It's his recent momentum that has been pulling in alot of African Americans.

Plus, if you discount him for being black, it would only be fair to discount Hilary for being a female. There's really no need to discount either one as they're both extremely successful, well spoken, intelligent individuals.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

If that's the case then why didn't Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton succeed? Being white didn't seem to help Edwards this year.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

Obama has won the white male vote in quite a few states.
Obama won the educated vote in every state.
Obama won the under 40 vote in every state.

He won every single demographic in VA, Maryland, and DC. IIRC he won or tied every single demographic in Wisconsion.

The problem is every time Clinton has her back against the wall her base of old white women rally and eek out a win for her(NH and Texas, two states Obama actually wins the delegate counts).

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

If you look back to the beginnings of the elections, he was not slated to receive much of the African American vote. It's his recent momentum that has been pulling in alot of African Americans.

Plus, if you discount him for being black, it would only be fair to discount Hilary for being a female. There's really no need to discount either one as they're both extremely successful, well spoken, intelligent individuals.

He was polling a dead tie with Clinton amongst the black votes until NH the he took a 3 to 1 lead. After bill opened his mouth in SC it became the 8or9 to 1.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

OK OK, so I added the "intelligence" part... ya got me! lol... :D

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
BTW, did anyone catch Obama on the NBC Today show this morning? He rattled off a list of the states he won and the first one he listed was Michigan. I'm not sure if he mispoke or if by some convoluted logic he is trying to claim Michigan even though he wasn't on the ballot. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume that he made a mistake.

Edit: I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, and I managed to find it on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Gqm8sZ6vg

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Maybe if Hillary cries some more we'll count MI and FL.....and then she'll still be losing.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I wasn't really referencing that. I just meant her whining about fl and MI, but you make a good point. We need someone a little more emotionally stable.

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: bl4ckfl4g
I wasn't really referencing that. I just meant her whining about fl and MI, but you make a good point. We need someone a little more emotionally stable.

Yeah, we don't need someone breaking out in tears when that phone rings at 3AM.

Oct 30, 2004

The Michigan and Florida primaries were shams because Obama, who played by the DNC's rules and followed the rules, removed his name from the Michigan and Florida ballots.

The only fair solution would be for each state to have "do-over" primaries.