Mexican Military cross the border in AZ and hold Border Patrol agent at gun point!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: OrByte
hehehe this reminds me of "weeds"

anyone watching it lately? good stuff.

LOL, I was just thinking that. Watched most of season four this past weekend. :)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Citrix
i just dont understand why our government takes such a weak response to this kind of crap. Neither McCain or Obama will touch the subject.
My guess, Latino voters would be much more turned off by it than non latino would be turned on.

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

i have said over and over we need the military on the border. shouldnt defending it be part of the job?

I thought we were fighting them over there so we wouldn't have to fight them here?

Wait, who are we fighting again?

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Citrix
i just dont understand why our government takes such a weak response to this kind of crap. Neither McCain or Obama will touch the subject.
My guess, Latino voters would be much more turned off by it than non latino would be turned on.

ding ding ding! we have a winner!

i have said over and over we need the military on the border. shouldnt defending it be part of the job?

Yup. Just more thing I would rather see our money go towards instead of Iraq.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: babylon5
This happens because left wing pro-Illegals force it to be okay. where you cannot enforce ANY law if the people in question isn't 'white', and you must let them do anything they want, anytime.

Republicans in control for the last 8 years and you blame democrats? :confused:

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
It's already past time to invade Mexico and annex it, make everyone there pay taxes, etc.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Socio
Mexican soldiers hold border patrol agents at gunpoint...in Arizona!

I don?t know why we keep playing the weakass chump on the border that lets Mexico get away with anything they want. Mexico would raise the roof go to the UN and everything else in between if American soldiers crossed over to their country and held up say...a police officer over there at gun point.(and rightfully so). Yet we just turn the other cheek and pretend it does not even happen like a bunch of pacifist wussbags.

I think Mexico has owned the border far too long we need our own military down there to take it back and call the shots like we should have been doing all along.

Bring our military home from overseas and place them on the border.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Why is the border patrol so overextended and underfunded? Could it be because they have to spend the bulk of their money and time chasing down immigrants that would come here legally and work hard if given the opportunity.

The reason we have so many criminals coming here -- and so much smuggling along the border -- is that we have no effective system to weed out the bad guys from the good. Blame Congress' inaction and far-right groups like the Minutemen for that.

May 16, 2000
Shameful. Should just declare war on Mexico and see how long they can keep doing that.

Or; around here coyotes are becoming a problem again so the government put a bounty on them. We could try the same thing...say, $50 for every dead Mexican you bring in. Doesn't solve the core issue, but it does function as population control until the problems are fixed.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
:laugh: <--- That about sums it up.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Mill
Why is the border patrol so overextended and underfunded? Could it be because they have to spend the bulk of their money and time chasing down immigrants that would come here legally and work hard if given the opportunity.

The reason we have so many criminals coming here -- and so much smuggling along the border -- is that we have no effective system to weed out the bad guys from the good. Blame Congress' inaction and far-right groups like the Minutemen for that.

I've agreed with you ever since I got here, but on this one I'm taking a different path. The minutemen are doing what the border patrol should be doing. We need to lock down the border like any sovereign nation does, and then look at what our labor market is like, what our birth rates are like, and allow legal immigration as necessary. As it is, lots of people who have no vested interest in the sucess of the United States are crossing into our country every day.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
More;

Mexican soldiers enter Arizona

T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, the union for Border Patrol agents, said the incursions have created a disturbing pattern.

Bonner said there have been at least a half-dozen situations in recent years in which Mexican soldiers have entered U.S. territory and shot at Border Patrol agents.

"It's a minor miracle that none of our agents have been killed or seriously injured," he said.

"It's inexcusable to not know where the border is" when military units have global positioning capabilities, Bonner said.

The instances in which the Border Patrol strays into Mexico are few and far between, Bonner said.

And "we have no incursions with Canada," he added. "Absolutely none."

Suffice it to say it is rare if we ever do it and common for them and they have global positioning capability thus they know exactly where they are at. So it is likely that it is no accident when they do.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
We need soldiers at our borders, not in frak'n Iraq.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
We need soldiers at our borders, not in frak'n Iraq.

No we don't...soldiers (or lack thereof) aren't the problem, our government policies are. You really think the Mexican military is an effective threat to even our border patrol agents? Adding more firepower on our side isn't going to fix the fundamental issue that nobody is willing to confront our disputes with Mexico in any sort of reasonable way.

Soldiers or not, we hold a incredibly big stick when dealing with Mexico. We give them a ton of money and allow open trade that benefits them far more than it does us. I think we make that situation conditional on them not screwing around on our border quite so much. The very first Mexican soldier who crossed the border with hostile intent should have resulted in a very sternly worded threat to the Mexican government. The second time it happened, we should have invited them to look elsewhere for a trading partner...you don't think it would have stopped right there?

I think people are way too ready to go medieval on the border without even considering that we have far more powerful tools at our disposal.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Shameful. Should just declare war on Mexico and see how long they can keep doing that.

Or; around here coyotes are becoming a problem again so the government put a bounty on them. We could try the same thing...say, $50 for every dead Mexican you bring in. Doesn't solve the core issue, but it does function as population control until the problems are fixed.

Yeah, because there's nothing like a bunch of gun-toting rednecks with nothing better to do to quickly and effectively solve a serious problem :roll: We don't need "population control" (seriously, wtf?), we need more effective BORDER control. And organizations like the Minutemen aren't really a good place to find that.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Yeah, because there's nothing like a bunch of gun-toting rednecks with nothing better to do to quickly and effectively solve a serious problem :roll: We don't need "population control" (seriously, wtf?), we need more effective BORDER control. And organizations like the Minutemen aren't really a good place to find that.

Who said anything about Minutemen?

You can enact any policies you'd like to fix the problem...but in the meantime there need to be some dead Mexicans over this. Fixing policy is fine and well, but we have the right to be safe until then...and that means shooting any asshole trying what they did.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004

Blame the Minutemen for criminals and smuggling? What?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Nobody in gov cares. I think we need a nice little border skirmish with Mexico to remind them that they are a backwater sh*thole!

You do realize the last time we had a border "skirmish" with Mexico we ended up with Marines in Mexico City and a whole bunch of new territory.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: cwjerome

Blame the Minutemen for criminals and smuggling? What?

I am not shocked that you do not understand. The Minutemen and other groups have held up immigration reform. Once that is completed you LOCK DOWN THE border and no one has ANY excuse to cross it illegally.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
I don't understand where this argument about not having National Guard at home and they're all in Iraq. Just a short time ago Texas said they have 20k NG troops available to help if the hurricane turns bad...that was just Texas.

At any rate, it is not a right to come to the USA, it's a privilege. Lock the border down. Sure they will find ways to get around it, but not in mass. They have been doing a better job recently. I see drophouses and illegals getting arrested weekly by the dozens just in Phoenix alone. They are doing a better job. Unless you live in Southern California or Arizona you won't see it. Helo's running around everywhere, portable watch towers, checkpoints everywhere.

I hope they are finally getting the point.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003

You can enact any policies you'd like to fix the problem...but in the meantime there need to be some dead Mexicans over this. Fixing policy is fine and well, but we have the right to be safe until then...and that means shooting any asshole trying what they did.

WTF this is just ridiculous were you born a crack baby? You are talking about killing people over a knee jerk reaction to the OP's news item in which no one died. You don't fix problems like this by killing people. Rainsford is about the only person in this thread who so far has come up with a reasonable and level headed way of effecting change without resorting to turning things into a bloodbath for no good reason.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Drift3r

WTF this is just ridiculous were you born a crack baby? You are talking about killing people over a knee jerk reaction to the OP's news item in which no one died. You don't fix problems like this by killing people. Rainsford is about the only person in this thread who so far has come up with a reasonable and level headed way of effecting change without resorting to turning things into a bloodbath for no good reason.

You are free to let your heart bleed all you want, I have a different view.

A foreign military crossed into our country and threatened the life of a citizen...more than that, a federal agent. It isn't the first time, and likely won't be the last because America refuses to respond to deter such actions.

If someone points a gun at me anywhere in the country I am legally entitled to kill them. Why should this be any different? In fact, why is not obviously much worse given the particulars?

I COMPLETELY support the immediate execution of anyone doing this in the future. Kill enough of them and it WILL stop happening...if for no other reason than eventually they'll all be dead.

That doesn't prevent changes in immigration policy, diplomatic negotiations, or anything else. The only thing it does is authorize people to defend their own lives from an unjust aggressor. You may not fix problems through violence, but you CAN defend yourself with it.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Well, congress must have some inside info that Mexico has fixed their corruption problem :confused:, since they voted to give them 400 million in aid to fight the war on drugs, or as I call it, the war on human nature. A war on drugs is like a war on sex. You won't get too far.

Link

Any member of the U.S. congress who approves foreign aid while we are so much in debt ourselves , especially aid to countries that have been so corrupt for so long, should be required to submit to extensive asset searches .
You guys remember that 60 minutes story a few years back about stolen cars ending up in Mexico? They found an incredible amount of them parked around the Mexican legislature.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
http://www.azcentral.com/arizo...0807incursion0807.html

"Four Mexican army soldiers entered southern Arizona and pointed their rifles at a U.S. Border Patrol agent early this week, the Border Patrol said.

The incident Sunday was the Mexican military's 43rd incursion across the U.S. border since October, the agency said.

Sounds to me like the Mexican army has no more respect for our border than the rest of their citizens...

Sounds like this part of the border REALLY needs the wall...