Mexican Military cross the border in AZ and hold Border Patrol agent at gun point!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
You are free to let your heart bleed all you want, I have a different view.

A foreign military crossed into our country and threatened the life of a citizen...more than that, a federal agent. It isn't the first time, and likely won't be the last because America refuses to respond to deter such actions.

If someone points a gun at me anywhere in the country I am legally entitled to kill them. Why should this be any different? In fact, why is not obviously much worse given the particulars?

I COMPLETELY support the immediate execution of anyone doing this in the future. Kill enough of them and it WILL stop happening...if for no other reason than eventually they'll all be dead.

That doesn't prevent changes in immigration policy, diplomatic negotiations, or anything else. The only thing it does is authorize people to defend their own lives from an unjust aggressor. You may not fix problems through violence, but you CAN defend yourself with it.

Considering that the combination of everything else you support would result in the complete destruction of our current system of law and justice, I am going to have to vote no when it comes to taking your advice on this matter.

Besides, even if we did what you suggest, that will not stop the problem. All you really want to do is kill people that piss you off. You have proven in other posts that is your true desire and the only thing that is stopping you is the law. Did you take into consideration that responding like this might just result in the Mexicans electing to shoot at us more if an agent approaches? They don't want to get shot anymore than we do but they do want money and they do believe they can get away with it. They may not have the kinds of ground rules that you have about requiring a gun to be pointed at you first. They might shoot on sight instead.

We don't need another war. We need to prevent war.

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Nobody in gov cares. I think we need a nice little border skirmish with Mexico to remind them that they are a backwater sh*thole!

The logic of a conservative, just let some death happen, that'll learn 'em!

Danwar

May 30, 2008
Im sorry but i find it real funny that a lot you guys believe that theres only corruption in Mexico.

Yes the mexican army & police are corrupt, in some cases payed off by the Drug cartels. and they're responsible for a lot of the drugs that go through the border. BUT, what happens once they enter U.S. soil??? , do you think that they magically transport themselves to every single corner of the continental United States?, or perhaps you think that the mexican army / police also are involved in getting all those drugs to places like seattle , new york, chicago, etc... all o fthem thousands of miles away.

It has always amuzed me that you never hear anything about the distribuition cartels / mafia inside the US and the corruption of the us police / goverment. i dont think i have ever seen any news on cnn about how the police or DEA found a major drug shipment inside the US. they seem to only care about the borders but once the drugs are inside theyre free to be taken to wherever theres demand for it.

i mean geez, are we so blind to see our own faults and only see the ones from our neighbours?

Same thing with illegal immigration, you blame all those poor bastards for trying to earn a few dollars to support their family, a lot of you support shooting them, but yet no one ever says anything about all the american contractors / farm owners who HIRE those poor bastards just so that they can save money on labour and thus make more money at the end of the day.

why not shoot them? i mean, by your reasoning , theyre also breaking the law, just as the illegal immigrants are. but we wont do that now right, because at the end of the day the average joe likes going to the market an seeing cheap fruit, or having someone who will charge you only a few bucks a week to keep your garden all nice and pretty.

seems rather hypocritical if you ask me.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
We need soldiers at our borders, not in frak'n Iraq.

No we don't...soldiers (or lack thereof) aren't the problem, our government policies are. You really think the Mexican military is an effective threat to even our border patrol agents? Adding more firepower on our side isn't going to fix the fundamental issue that nobody is willing to confront our disputes with Mexico in any sort of reasonable way.

Soldiers or not, we hold a incredibly big stick when dealing with Mexico. We give them a ton of money and allow open trade that benefits them far more than it does us. I think we make that situation conditional on them not screwing around on our border quite so much. The very first Mexican soldier who crossed the border with hostile intent should have resulted in a very sternly worded threat to the Mexican government. The second time it happened, we should have invited them to look elsewhere for a trading partner...you don't think it would have stopped right there?

I think people are way too ready to go medieval on the border without even considering that we have far more powerful tools at our disposal.

We have a symbiotic relationship. If Mexico stops exporting oil to us tomorrow we would be just as screwed as they are. We have much more to lose than they do.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Shameful. Should just declare war on Mexico and see how long they can keep doing that.

Or; around here coyotes are becoming a problem again so the government put a bounty on them. We could try the same thing...say, $50 for every dead Mexican you bring in. Doesn't solve the core issue, but it does function as population control until the problems are fixed.

Yeah, because there's nothing like a bunch of gun-toting rednecks with nothing better to do to quickly and effectively solve a serious problem :roll: We don't need "population control" (seriously, wtf?), we need more effective BORDER control. And organizations like the Minutemen aren't really a good place to find that.

I actually like Mencia's idea (or whoever he stole it from). Let the illegals currently in the country stay with the condition that they have to spend 1 week a month guarding the border. Assign a small area to each one working that week. If someone illegally gets in through their assigned area the person that got in gets to stay and the person assigned to that area gets the boot and never allowed to return.

Problem solved.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Darwin333

We have a symbiotic relationship. If Mexico stops exporting oil to us tomorrow we would be just as screwed as they are. We have much more to lose than they do.

I do not disagree that we would take a pretty big hit if they stopped exporting to us, but I question whether or not we have more to lose when it comes to trade relations over all than they do. You might be right, but what kinds of numbers and other theories are you basing this on other than the fact that America loves it's oil? Mexico needs our money.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Shameful. Should just declare war on Mexico and see how long they can keep doing that.

Or; around here coyotes are becoming a problem again so the government put a bounty on them. We could try the same thing...say, $50 for every dead Mexican you bring in. Doesn't solve the core issue, but it does function as population control until the problems are fixed.

Yeah, because there's nothing like a bunch of gun-toting rednecks with nothing better to do to quickly and effectively solve a serious problem :roll: We don't need "population control" (seriously, wtf?), we need more effective BORDER control. And organizations like the Minutemen aren't really a good place to find that.

I actually like Mencia's idea (or whoever he stole it from). Let the illegals currently in the country stay with the condition that they have to spend 1 week a month guarding the border. Assign a small area to each one working that week. If someone illegally gets in through their assigned area the person that got in gets to stay and the person assigned to that area gets the boot and never allowed to return.

Problem solved.

How does that solve anything? Let's say an illegal immigrant comes here an gives birth to a couple children who are currently 5 years old. What are you going to do? Separate their family just because another border jumper makes it through her assigned area?

That's just one of a great many reasons why this is such a bad idea.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Xavier434

Problem solved.

How does that solve anything? Let's say an illegal immigrant comes here an gives birth to a couple children who are currently 5 years old. What are you going to do? Separate their family just because another border jumper makes it through her assigned area?

That's just one of a great many reasons why this is such a bad idea.

It was a joke.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
It was a joke.

Ok...you officially have my permission to come right up to me and write "Sarcasm" on my forehead with a big black marker followed by demanding that I do not wash it off for 24 hours. :laugh:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006

I do not disagree that we would take a pretty big hit if they stopped exporting to us, but I question whether or not we have more to lose when it comes to trade relations over all than they do. You might be right, but what kinds of numbers and other theories are you basing this on other than the fact that America loves it's oil? Mexico needs our money.

As bad as our economy is doing right now it is still infinitely better than Mexico's economy. If we were to all of a sudden lose 20ish% of our imported oil all hell would break loose. Not only would the price go through the stratosphere but we would also have to deal with availability.

To compound the problem, it would take us quite a while to improve current infrastructure to replace that oil from other countries (if we could find it).

We would either invade them or give them whatever the hell they wanted to turn the tap back on.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Mill
Originally posted by: cwjerome
Why is the border patrol so overextended and underfunded? Could it be because they have to spend the bulk of their money and time chasing down immigrants that would come here legally and work hard if given the opportunity.

The reason we have so many criminals coming here -- and so much smuggling along the border -- is that we have no effective system to weed out the bad guys from the good. Blame Congress' inaction and far-right groups like the Minutemen for that.

Blame the Minutemen for criminals and smuggling? What?

I am not shocked that you do not understand. The Minutemen and other groups have held up immigration reform. Once that is completed you LOCK DOWN THE border and no one has ANY excuse to cross it illegally.

How have the Minuteman held up "immigration reform"?, I find it odd that you demonize them and not the people that are braking the law.....

Ironically you want "immigration reform" and after that you want to "lock down" the border.
We could always enforce our laws.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
We need soldiers at our borders, not in frak'n Iraq.

No we don't...soldiers (or lack thereof) aren't the problem, our government policies are. You really think the Mexican military is an effective threat to even our border patrol agents? Adding more firepower on our side isn't going to fix the fundamental issue that nobody is willing to confront our disputes with Mexico in any sort of reasonable way.

Soldiers or not, we hold a incredibly big stick when dealing with Mexico. We give them a ton of money and allow open trade that benefits them far more than it does us. I think we make that situation conditional on them not screwing around on our border quite so much. The very first Mexican soldier who crossed the border with hostile intent should have resulted in a very sternly worded threat to the Mexican government. The second time it happened, we should have invited them to look elsewhere for a trading partner...you don't think it would have stopped right there?

I think people are way too ready to go medieval on the border without even considering that we have far more powerful tools at our disposal.

I have no faith in our government's policies.

Look at how bad our nat'l debt is.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

As bad as our economy is doing right now it is still infinitely better than Mexico's economy. If we were to all of a sudden lose 20ish% of our imported oil all hell would break loose. Not only would the price go through the stratosphere but we would also have to deal with availability.

To compound the problem, it would take us quite a while to improve current infrastructure to replace that oil from other countries (if we could find it).

We would either invade them or give them whatever the hell they wanted to turn the tap back on.

Well, either way, it sounds like a good idea would be to just not piss them off. Tread lightly at least for the time being.

That doesn't mean that I believe our soldiers and agents guarding the border should not have the right to defend themselves, but having the right to defend one's self does not relieve our country of the responsibility of understanding what the consequences of our actions will be regardless of how "right" we think we are.

May 16, 2000
You are free to let your heart bleed all you want, I have a different view.

A foreign military crossed into our country and threatened the life of a citizen...more than that, a federal agent. It isn't the first time, and likely won't be the last because America refuses to respond to deter such actions.

If someone points a gun at me anywhere in the country I am legally entitled to kill them. Why should this be any different? In fact, why is not obviously much worse given the particulars?

I COMPLETELY support the immediate execution of anyone doing this in the future. Kill enough of them and it WILL stop happening...if for no other reason than eventually they'll all be dead.

That doesn't prevent changes in immigration policy, diplomatic negotiations, or anything else. The only thing it does is authorize people to defend their own lives from an unjust aggressor. You may not fix problems through violence, but you CAN defend yourself with it.

Considering that the combination of everything else you support would result in the complete destruction of our current system of law and justice, I am going to have to vote no when it comes to taking your advice on this matter.

Besides, even if we did what you suggest, that will not stop the problem. All you really want to do is kill people that piss you off. You have proven in other posts that is your true desire and the only thing that is stopping you is the law. Did you take into consideration that responding like this might just result in the Mexicans electing to shoot at us more if an agent approaches? They don't want to get shot anymore than we do but they do want money and they do believe they can get away with it. They may not have the kinds of ground rules that you have about requiring a gun to be pointed at you first. They might shoot on sight instead.

We don't need another war. We need to prevent war.

They believe they can get away with it because we let them. If 75%+ of those who did it, died doing it, that belief would quickly wan. You're failing to address the part where they're ON OUR SOIL...not us on theirs. They're already confronting us with violence, not us them. IF defending ourselves, in accordance with our own laws, resulted in them becoming more aggressive (ON OUR OWN SOIL) then we'd have ample justification to carpet bomb a few thousand square miles of their worthless country as a wake up call. Such actions would probably suggest to a government that failure to address the underlying problems would go badly for their country. We've already attacked numerous countries for far less.

I'm not about killing people who piss me off...if I was most of the current government as well as many members of this board would already be dead. I'm also not stopped by law, because I don't much believe in law...or rather, I believe that right and justice trumps law every time. I'm about defending oneself with ABSOLUTE clarity. Threaten, and be killed. Period. Leave absolutely no question about that individually, or as national policy.

Prevent war if you can, I support your efforts totally. However I will not remain defenseless while you negotiate settlements, so do it quickly. NO ONE has the power to take away a citizens right to defend their lives...especially when they're doing so in accordance with the law (and killing the sorry sons of bitches who do these things WOULD be within the law).

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

They believe they can get away with it because we let them. If 75%+ of those who did it, died doing it, that belief would quickly wan. You're failing to address the part where they're ON OUR SOIL...not us on theirs. They're already confronting us with violence, not us them. IF defending ourselves, in accordance with our own laws, resulted in them becoming more aggressive (ON OUR OWN SOIL) then we'd have ample justification to carpet bomb a few thousand square miles of their worthless country as a wake up call. Such actions would probably suggest to a government that failure to address the underlying problems would go badly for their country. We've already attacked numerous countries for far less.

I'm not about killing people who piss me off...if I was most of the current government as well as many members of this board would already be dead. I'm also not stopped by law, because I don't much believe in law...or rather, I believe that right and justice trumps law every time. I'm about defending oneself with ABSOLUTE clarity. Threaten, and be killed. Period. Leave absolutely no question about that individually, or as national policy.

Prevent war if you can, I support your efforts totally. However I will not remain defenseless while you negotiate settlements, so do it quickly. NO ONE has the power to take away a citizens right to defend their lives...especially when they're doing so in accordance with the law (and killing the sorry sons of bitches who do these things WOULD be within the law).

One can defend themselves efficiently without going overboard. I also would be more inclined to agree with you if that if we actually prevented them from accomplishing their goal by doing what you suggest 75% of the time then it would stop. However, that is the problem. We won't stop them that often. They are going to continue to do what they are doing and they will continue to be successful because most of the time they are not even caught let alone be put in a position to pull a gun out on one of us. Therefore, they believe that they can get away with doing what they do and they are right. Allowing our agents and soldiers to basically fire at will isn't going to accomplish much. At best, we will have a small increase in dead Mexicans which will most likely cause a lot of political problems with our relations with their government as well as other governments in countries that we currently rely heavily on who very much disapprove of such action.

So, basically it is like I said in my previous post. I am ok with defending one's self, but that doesn't mean that doing more than that is a good idea. The desire to defend one's self should be safety. Not revenge. Not to prove a point other than we wish to remain safe. The other problems should be solves using other means.

Your consistent desire for violence to solve so many of our problems would lead to destruction of the majority of our alliances and trade relations across the world. That one of the major reasons why your general way of thinking in many of your posts is undesirable for our country.

May 16, 2000

One can defend themselves efficiently without going overboard. I also would be more inclined to agree with you if that if we actually prevented them from accomplishing their goal by doing what you suggest 75% of the time then it would stop. However, that is the problem. We won't stop them that often. They are going to continue to do what they are doing and they will continue to be successful because most of the time they are not even caught let alone be put in a position to pull a gun out on one of us. Therefore, they believe that they can get away with doing what they do and they are right. Allowing our agents and soldiers to basically fire at will isn't going to accomplish much. At best, we will have a small increase in dead Mexicans which will most likely cause a lot of political problems with our relations with their government as well as other governments in countries that we currently rely heavily on who very much disapprove of such action.

So, basically it is like I said in my previous post. I am ok with defending one's self, but that doesn't mean that doing more than that is a good idea. The desire to defend one's self should be safety. Not revenge. Not to prove a point other than we wish to remain safe. The other problems should be solves using other means.

Your consistent desire for violence to solve so many of our problems would lead to destruction of the majority of our alliances and trade relations across the world. That one of the major reasons why your general way of thinking in many of your posts is undesirable for our country.

That presumes that alliances and trade relations are a necessity, and that lawful actions of defense would in fact destroy them. While I acknowledge the right to that opinion, and the possibility of what you suggest coming true, I do not surrender to it as foregone conclusion.

As to my violent proclivities, I'm actually quite against it...except when it seems to be a necessity for defense, or continuation of one's way of life. The problem is that our society is so far gone in so many respects that I see that necessity more and more often - as nothing else attempted is having positive effects. Given the results of similar situations throughout history it seems apparent to me that more serious actions are warranted.

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: cwjerome
Why is the border patrol so overextended and underfunded? Could it be because they have to spend the bulk of their money and time chasing down immigrants that would come here legally and work hard if given the opportunity.

The reason we have so many criminals coming here -- and so much smuggling along the border -- is that we have no effective system to weed out the bad guys from the good. Blame Congress' inaction and far-right groups like the Minutemen for that.

Blame the Minutemen for criminals and smuggling? What?

I am not shocked that you do not understand. The Minutemen and other groups have held up immigration reform. Once that is completed you LOCK DOWN THE border and no one has ANY excuse to cross it illegally.

I thought the Minutemen were guys in lawnchairs watching the border. How is that holding up immigration reform?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Republicans in control for the last 8 years and you blame democrats? :confused:
A Republican has been the President for the last eight years, but we've had a Democratic Congress since 2006.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
A Republican has been the President for the last eight years, but we've had a Democratic Congress since 2006.

Still, the Republicans had total majority until then, and accomplished NOTHING. The dems don't have enough of a majority to accomplish anything, nor enough to over-ride a veto if they managed to get a bill through Congress.

The folks on the right have no problem blaming the Dems, while ignoring the inaction of the Repubs.:roll: what a surprise...

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Come on socio, fix the title. It deserves more than one exclamation point. I can just feel your shrill neurons overloading. One of these days, they're not going to recover.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Originally posted by: Chaotic42

Still, the Republicans had total majority until then, and accomplished NOTHING. The dems don't have enough of a majority to accomplish anything, nor enough to over-ride a veto if they managed to get a bill through Congress.

The folks on the right have no problem blaming the Dems, while ignoring the inaction of the Repubs.:roll: what a surprise...

First problem; Bush is extremely pro Mexico for some reason thus has elected to do as little as possible as far as border control and illegal immigration is concerned. Certainly far less than most any other republican that would be president. If the Bush presidency has one true failure it is not Iraq it is his screwing over of the US in favor of Mexico.

Second problem; Democrats likewise want to do little in the way of border control and illegal immigration they think open borders and amnesty is the cure.

So what is really happening is we are stuck in between a US president that loves Mexico more than the US and Democrats that want the US to become Mexico with a handful of Republicans holding both at bay best they can.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Socio
First problem; Bush is extremely pro Mexico for some reason thus has elected to do as little as possible as far as border control and illegal immigration is concerned. Certainly far less than most any other republican that would be president. If the Bush presidency has one true failure it is not Iraq it is his screwing over of the US in favor of Mexico.

Second problem; Democrats likewise want to do little in the way of border control and illegal immigration they think open borders and amnesty is the cure.

So what is really happening is we are stuck in between a US president that loves Mexico more than the US and Democrats that want the US to become Mexico with a handful of Republicans holding both at bay best they can.
Did it ever occur to you that bush is just pro-business - at any cost? Businesses small and large are the beneficiaries of the cheap labor. Start putting business owners and ceo`s who hire illegal aliens in jail and the immigration problem will diminish. Or is this an unrepublican thing to do? Can't have both.

And of course, the democrats are all just stupid commie bastards... that want to give the u.s. to mexico. :laugh:

I don't think you really want to be taken seriously.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

That presumes that alliances and trade relations are a necessity, and that lawful actions of defense would in fact destroy them. While I acknowledge the right to that opinion, and the possibility of what you suggest coming true, I do not surrender to it as foregone conclusion.

As to my violent proclivities, I'm actually quite against it...except when it seems to be a necessity for defense, or continuation of one's way of life. The problem is that our society is so far gone in so many respects that I see that necessity more and more often - as nothing else attempted is having positive effects. Given the results of similar situations throughout history it seems apparent to me that more serious actions are warranted.

Alliance and trade relations are most certainly a necessity. Defending one's self most likely will not harm many of them, but it really depends on how you do it and what it looks like to the eyes of the international public. If the public believe that the primary concern and only concern was safety then most likely they won't care too much. However, if they believe that safety was not the only concern and an additional motivation was the pure desire to kill the person who is being threatening even though it is not necessary in their opinion then it could become an issue. Furthermore, responding with additional violent acts towards Mexico on their own soil in retaliation for what they are doing to us will almost certainly be frowned upon quite a bit especially if the opinion is that it goes far beyond self defense and leans more towards punishment.

Also, be careful how you choose to respond to any failed attempts to control people and maintain safety. Just because an action is more serious and violent does not mean it will be more effective. History is history and that history has shown both great success and tremendous failure when it comes to responding with serious violence to solve problems. If anything, it should teach us that we need to be very cautious and think critically before responding in such a way. Not to mention that times have most certainly changed and are ever changing in ways that produce both differences and similarities in accordance to different times in history.

Lastly, just to sum up and hopefully simplify my feelings on this matter, I believe that killing someone else in self defense is perfectly fine when the situation is deemed necessary. Obviously, defining what it necessary not only relies on the law but it also relies on the honor system. I have come to realize that one of the biggest problems with our honor system is that when people are threatened they often have more than just the desire to keep themselves safe. They feel angry. They want to punish. They hate the one who is threatening them. The desire to kill them. They feel it is warranted not because they want to be safe, but because the they believe that their attacker deserves to die despite how our system of justice instructs us that such things are not for us to decide and doing so is against the law. They want to kill them to both become safe and to feel an immense amount of satisfaction that they are dead. Being that it is so difficult to distinguish those who simply desire to be safe with those who desire to both be safe and to kill, this honor system is very often abused. To me, the only difference between the killers who are labeled as criminals and the killers who kill out of pure desire and abuse this system is just paperwork.

May 16, 2000

Alliance and trade relations are most certainly a necessity. Defending one's self most likely will not harm many of them, but it really depends on how you do it and what it looks like to the eyes of the international public. If the public believe that the primary concern and only concern was safety then most likely they won't care too much. However, if they believe that safety was not the only concern and an additional motivation was the pure desire to kill the person who is being threatening even though it is not necessary in their opinion then it could become an issue. Furthermore, responding with additional violent acts towards Mexico on their own soil in retaliation for what they are doing to us will almost certainly be frowned upon quite a bit especially if the opinion is that it goes far beyond self defense and leans more towards punishment.

Also, be careful how you choose to respond to any failed attempts to control people and maintain safety. Just because an action is more serious and violent does not mean it will be more effective. History is history and that history has shown both great success and tremendous failure when it comes to responding with serious violence to solve problems. If anything, it should teach us that we need to be very cautious and think critically before responding in such a way. Not to mention that times have most certainly changed and are ever changing in ways that produce both differences and similarities in accordance to different times in history.

Lastly, just to sum up and hopefully simplify my feelings on this matter, I believe that killing someone else in self defense is perfectly fine when the situation is deemed necessary. Obviously, defining what it necessary not only relies on the law but it also relies on the honor system. I have come to realize that one of the biggest problems with our honor system is that when people are threatened they often have more than just the desire to keep themselves safe. They feel angry. They want to punish. They hate the one who is threatening them. The desire to kill them. They feel it is warranted not because they want to be safe, but because the they believe that their attacker deserves to die despite how our system of justice instructs us that such things are not for us to decide and doing so is against the law. They want to kill them to both become safe and to feel an immense amount of satisfaction that they are dead. Being that it is so difficult to distinguish those who simply desire to be safe with those who desire to both be safe and to kill, this honor system is very often abused. To me, the only difference between the killers who are labeled as criminals and the killers who kill out of pure desire and abuse this system is just paperwork.

Ahhh. You view it as a negative, I view it as a happy coincidence. Not that I want to kill people, but I definitely believe they DESERVE to die, and am happy (or at least satisfied) that the world is made better by their passing.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Ahhh. You view it as a negative, I view it as a happy coincidence. Not that I want to kill people, but I definitely believe they DESERVE to die, and am happy (or at least satisfied) that the world is made better by their passing.

When murderer's choose to kill, they also believe that what they are doing is perfectly fine too. They believe that the victim deserves to die. This is why we have our laws about when a person is allowed and not allowed to kill. The law is the only thing that separates murderers from us free citizens when we kill. If everyone was permitted to kill others just because they felt that someone else deserved to die and the "world is made better by their passing" then our country would tear itself apart. That is why it is against the law. The only reason why someone who believes it is ok to abuse the system like that and acts on it is not considered a criminal is because no one could prove it. Just because we can't prove something in court doesn't mean the law was not broken.

Those who believe that these people deserve to die despite what our laws state, consider it a "happy coincidence" that it happens, and like that people can get away with it are much more likely to abuse the system. They are more likely to kill when they do not need to kill in order to remain safe just because that's what they want to do. They are more likely to break the law. They are more likely to commit an action which makes them a murderer. They already think like murderers do.

Our government granting us the freedom to kill someone out of self defense without being punished for doing so is a luxury no matter how much you may think we are entitled to it. If we abuse that freedom too much, it will be taken away eventually. Despite our difference in moral beliefs on the matter, I don't think either one of us wants that freedom to be taken away or tightened up to the point where it is practically worthless do we?

Besides, weren't you stating earlier that the Mexicans "believe they can get away with it because we let them" and you think that needs to stop? You may want to consider how conflicting your logic is here when it comes to that issue and your strong feelings about self defense and being allowed to kill people to the point of abusing the system because they deserve to die.