Metro Exodus is on Steam

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
So Metro Exodus is finally on steam and it is on sale for $24. I want to get Season Pass, it comes with current 2 expansions but will it include upcoming DLCs if they release it?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
what's the download size? 40Gb ?
60Gb?

im sorry but being capped currently at 2Mb/s im not even going to consider spenidng 2-3 days on download. physical disc or GTFO.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
well, i guess i could do an overnight, but it's still 8 hours of downloading. And if im being civilized and leve half the bandwidth for other people who may want internet at night, that would double the time.

i have witcher 3 on my to-do list but it's been there for a year.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
only takes up ~43GB on my HD, not that that makes a world of difference.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Got the game a couple of days ago. Downloads sure do suck on a slow connection. Took me two days on crappy dsl. Cant say I am as impressed as I expected to be with the game. I thought 2033 and last light were both superior. And somehow the controls suck on my PC, and it is pretty powerful. The framerate is good, but movement and camera control seems really sluggish.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
And people said it would never see Steam and I should just bite the bullet and get Epic... Here's hoping we see Rebel Galaxy Outlaw on Steam sometime in the future.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This title is on steam sale now. Some reviewers report bugs. Any issues? Fun to play?

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
This title is on steam sale now. Some reviewers report bugs. Any issues? Fun to play?
I have mixed feelings about it. Way to much useless dialogue and interminable cutscenes, as stated earlier. Would vastly improve the game if you could simply skip them, like in W3. In order to get a good ending you also have to be very stealth oriented. That got tedious for me, but some people love it.

As for crashes, I had occasional crashes to desktop (BDOD actually), but nothing game breaking. It was quite annoying though, as the save system is horrible and one can lose a lot of progress.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I liked the game a lot, graphics are amazing, very fun game and good story. I killed a lot of bad guys, mostly mutants, and still got a good ending so it's not true that you need to do stealth at all times.
It is on sale now from GOG.com only $22 for gold edition which includes 2 expansions

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
I liked the game a lot, graphics are amazing, very fun game and good story. I killed a lot of bad guys, mostly mutants, and still got a good ending so it's not true that you need to do stealth at all times.
It is on sale now from GOG.com only $22 for gold edition which includes 2 expansions
Never said you had to do stealth at all times, and yes, mutants are fair game all the time. But you definitely have to be very careful who you kill. BTW, I have played through the game twice and gotten both endings, so I do have some knowledge of what you have to do to get the good ending.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
dp

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Only Metro game I ever played was 2033 and god that game is equal parts interminably boring and up its own ass. I remember really stale gunplay combined with weird "forced to fail" segments that are actually cutscenes in disguise.

I keep wanting to like this series, but it keeps pushing me away with its weird "eurojank" design philosophy.

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition will be out tomorrow. This will only run on ray tracing capable GPUs and it's looking pretty impressive

Last edited:

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Game looks great however sadly outside of that its just a below than average game.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Game looks great however sadly outside of that its just a below than average game.
I haven't played it yet due to outdated hardware and ridiculously high GPU prices. I thought 2033 was outstanding and Last Light was an improvement in many aspects. What's wrong with Exodus?

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
I haven't played it yet due to outdated hardware and ridiculously high GPU prices. I thought 2033 was outstanding and Last Light was an improvement in many aspects. What's wrong with Exodus?
I thought it was OK, not as good as the earlier metro games. Was overloaded with a lot of cutscenes. I also got tired of the "dont kill the wrong guy, or you will get the bad ending" mechanic. To me though, without the atmosphere of the tunnels, it just became another shooter.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
The first two games had great atmosphere but janky and sometimes frustrating combat. I liked them overall though. I'll wait for the RT version of this game, seems like a nice graphics showcase.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I just finished this. Great atmosphere and characters, and it works better as a stealth game than the old ones did. Some of the cutscenes are too lengthy but I like the mix of exposition and open ended gameplay. The RT version has excellent graphics too, definitely a must play if you managed to grab a high end video card. I liked it a lot more than the earlier games.

Reactions: Igo69