Men carrying AR-15s to farmer's market detained by police, gun advocates outraged

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
Show me where the other 43 states that have open carry are starting to see more 30.06 signs being put up.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Really wheres the proof of that? Is that an emotional statement or a factual one? If a property owner doesn't want us there then we leave case closed and some how us doing this is effecting CHL's? If a store doesn't want guns inside that's fine with me we have plenty of other places that welcome us with open arms.

So in other words you don't care who you screw over as long as you get what you want/things your way.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
Every state has their own version of 30.06 I don't claim to know them all. Either way you should be able to back up your emotions with some fact and I have yet to see it.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Every state has their own version of 30.06 I don't claim to know them all. Either way you should be able to back up your emotions with some fact and I have yet to see it.

LMAO!!!!!! It's obvious that you're not from Texas and just another dense open carry idiot that doesn't care how their actions affect anyone else.

As for the signs, come on down to Texas and see for yourself.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
LMAO!!!!!! It's obvious that you're not from Texas and just another dense open carry idiot that doesn't care how their actions affect anyone else.

As for the signs, come on down to Texas and see for yourself.

I'm the one in the video you first started commenting on idiot. Texas born and raised here. You sound more like someone from Commiefornia.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Let me guess you can't get a Texas concealed handgun license and that's why you're pushing so hard to get the open carry law changed.

I do have a Texas CHL and you/your cast of idiots are affecting my ability to carry concealed in some businesses as they're posting these oh so legal 30.06 preventing me from doing such.

destey

Jan 17, 2008
Read most of this thread, just want to say I'm glad I live in gun-friendly vermont. Almost no gun infringement and no license/permit needed from govt to carry concealed. People here have a very common sense thinking about guns.

Seeing a few people carrying around ar15's only shocks people because its citizens doing it, not the police or military. Which tells me many anti gun people have a deep distrust of their fellow citizens, whereas they trust the authorities. Both have examples of "breaking bad." So it is up to the person in the individual circumstances to judge the situation.

Also what I learned from reading this thread, is I'm staying put in my safe little state with (almost) no gun laws. Pretty much everything I've seen tells me the places with more gun restrictions = more crime = more dangerous to me = where I will never go. This country is fractured on this and many other similar topics, and I think it'll just come down to states/locales. Some states will continue to increase gun regulation, and the gun folks will move to areas with less regulation. As this happens more and the gun regulated states have fewer gun people, the regulations will increase. Some states will go the other way and come closer to Vermont style gun laws, and the gun people will move there and the country's rift will grow even larger/stronger.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Let me guess you can't get a Texas concealed handgun license and that's why you're pushing so hard to get the open carry law changed.

I do have a Texas CHL and you/your cast of idiots are affecting my ability to carry concealed in some businesses as they're posting these oh so legal 30.06 preventing me from doing such.

If you don't support open carry, you are part of the problem. If you don't think the next thing they will go after is concealed, you are out of your mind.

Concealed carrying has done exactly what it was meant to do....taken guns out of the public eye, which will eventually erode all of our 2A rights.

Guns in the holster of a lawful citizen should not make you look twice. Accidentally printing with a CCW should not cause alarm either.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
If you don't support open carry, you are part of the problem. If you don't think the next thing they will go after is concealed, you are out of your mind.

Concealed carrying has done exactly what it was meant to do....taken guns out of the public eye, which will eventually erode all of our 2A rights.

Guns in the holster of a lawful citizen should not make you look twice. Accidentally printing with a CCW should not cause alarm either.

Texas has not allowed Open Carry of handguns for over one hundred years yet they have some of the best concealed carry laws in the country. You can open carry rifles and shotguns as long as it's not done in an intimidating manner (manner that cause alarm). The state legislator just recently changed the law to allow CHL holders to store their weapons in their car on company property. Also people that are going hunting can also store their weapons in their cars on company property as well.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Texas has not allowed Open Carry of handguns for over one hundred years yet they have some of the best concealed carry laws in the country. You can open carry rifles and shotguns as long as it's not done in an intimidating manner (manner that cause alarm). The state legislator just recently changed the law to allow CHL holders to store their weapons in their car on company property. Also people that are going hunting can also store their weapons in their cars on company property as well.

Which is why Texas is the next California.

Texas is going Purple, and as more CA transplants and Austin kids and immigrants start to vote, it will change.

I'm moving to AZ, but only due to Montana being too damn cold in the Winter.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
LMAO!!!! So if you're from Texas why didn't you know that 30.06 is a Texas Penal Code?

I didn't say I don't know what it is. I said every state has their own version of this. What part of this did you not understand? And I'm still waiting on data from you showing that people lawfully exercising their rights has effected CHL holders.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013

You are not saying this law correctly! 42.01 (8) states that you are breaking the law if you intentionally carry in a manner calculated to cause alarm. That is completely different than what you seem to think. The law has everything to do with the carriers intentions and not someones emotions.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013

Amen!

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013

Actually I can I just refuse to bow down and kiss the queens slipper and pay a tax to do so. I also don't believe in forfeiting my 5th amendment rights to do something that I was born with the right to do.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I didn't say I don't know what it is. I said every state has their own version of this. What part of this did you not understand?

If you knew what it was why pray tell did you ask this question when the 30.06 is from the Texas Penal Code and no where else?

Show me where the other 43 states that have open carry are starting to see more 30.06 signs being put up.

And I'm still waiting on data from you showing that people lawfully exercising their rights has effected CHL holders.

When a store decides to place a 30.06 sign on their front door/window/entrance when they didn't have them posted before people such as yourself started getting aggressive with open carry displays in public places, explain how that didn't affect CHL holders who were using said businesses before while carrying concealed?

concealed-carry-sign-NHB-16362_300.gif

Feb 10, 2000

This is sheer silliness. Carry laws, both open and concealed, have been greatly liberalized in terms of permitting carry over the past 20 years.

I own multiple guns, including an AR, and feel strongly that open carry, particularly of rifles, in an urban setting is stupid and counter-productive in terms of gun rights. It will serve only to motivate anti-gun voices to push for laws limiting all forms of carrying. I've never seen or heard of anyone open carrying a rifle who was not some combination of attention whore and/or socially-maladapted weirdo.

Last edited:

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
If you knew what it was why pray tell did you ask this question when the 30.06 is from the Texas Penal Code and no where else?

When a store decides to place a 30.06 sign on their front door/window/entrance when they didn't have them posted before people such as yourself started getting aggressive with open carry displays in public places, explain how that didn't affect CHL holders who were using said businesses before while carrying concealed?

concealed-carry-sign-NHB-16362_300.gif

What part of what I said didn't you understand?? And like I said i'm still waiting for some facts not emotional fiction and opinions. If a store places a 30.06 sign up it could mean a number of things. It could mean that TABC has told them to do so as we opencarrytexas.org have seen already. It could mean that the place didn't support the second amendment to even begin with. It could mean that anti gun activist groups have already boycotted and protested a company to make them eventually cave in. I can assure you that anti gun groups don't care about the manner in which we choose to carry they just do not like guns period. If you think that hiding your guns is some how going to remove the bad stigma associated with guns that's just foolish. And like I said if a place ask's us to leave we do so peacefully you can't say that about the groups that setup right outside these places and protest.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...offee-giants-gun-policy-this-weekend-n1672120

Groups like this do not care about our right s and aren't going to stop until all guns are banned.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
What you fail to see here is that they are actively pursuing our rights and you some how think that sitting back and begging for your rights is going to somehow go in your direction that's the definition of crazy. You said it yourself Texas hasn't had open carry for over 100 years I think that's plenty of time to prove your theory doesn't work. And you also seem to fail to notice that politicians know that we are voters also not just activist.

Still waiting for concrete evidence from you that open carry has forced a company to post 30.06 signs and not anti gun groups protesting outside these business's.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
What part of what I said didn't you understand?? And like I said i'm still waiting for some facts not emotional fiction and opinions. If a store places a 30.06 sign up it could mean a number of things. It could mean that TABC has told them to do so as we opencarrytexas.org have seen already. It could mean that the place didn't support the second amendment to even begin with. It could mean that anti gun activist groups have already boycotted and protested a company to make them eventually cave in. I can assure you that anti gun groups don't care about the manner in which we choose to carry they just do not like guns period. If you think that hiding your guns is some how going to remove the bad stigma associated with guns that's just foolish. And like I said if a place ask's us to leave we do so peacefully you can't say that about the groups that setup right outside these places and protest.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...offee-giants-gun-policy-this-weekend-n1672120

Groups like this do not care about our right s and aren't going to stop until all guns are banned.

For someone who is from Texas you sure seem to be completely oblivious to Texas laws and required signs. The 30.06 sign is different than the 50% or 51% sign.

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/sign_requirements.asp

Weapons Warning Sign

All alcoholic beverages retailers must post one of two firearms signs. One sign is intended for use on the types of premises where a holder of a concealed hand gun license may lawfully possess a concealed hand gun: establishments licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption or, if licensed for sale for on-premises consumption, establishments whose alcohol sales are 50% or less of total gross receipts. It warns that unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon is a felony.

The second sign, the 51% sign, is to be posted on the premises of establishments where the possession of any concealed weapon is illegal. These are establishments that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption whose alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts. These signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning and the warning notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony.

As a general rule, a true restaurant will have alcohol sales that are less than 50% of gross receipts and would be expected to post the first sign. However, if its alcohol sales are greater than 50% of gross receipts, then it would have to post the second.
You're posting make me think you're nothing more than a sock puppet and very possibly someone that's a normal user of this forum.

Last edited: