Men carrying AR-15s to farmer's market detained by police, gun advocates outraged

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Londo, you are the one acting like a massive douchebag at this point.

You made the comment about being angry of all the business you like to visit putting up 30.06 signs around you in Texas in response to open carry protestors. You even cited your "favorite" place you visit which is a local auction house. I was stating your LEGAL options that may still allow you carry concealed into your "favorite" places like that auction house.

You went full retard and told me I was wrong. You used a horrible logic fallacy of using the argument of using a reference to authority with stating your friend cop and lawyer said I was wrong without going into details of how I was wrong by their expert reasoning on the subject. You then try to cite the law and quote them here. I point out with what you posted how you were wrong by pointing to the FIRST line in the law explaining EFFECTIVE CONSENT. I then further elaborated with the trespass laws and how filing/pressing charges for the law works. Thus I proved you WRONG with an effective argument. To which you acted like a total douchebag and started name calling while still using horrible logic fallcy arguments. I attempted to still be level headed and give you analogies that may help you understand how you were proven wrong.

Instead you act like a dickhead asshole and continue to argue like a little bitch.

Poor little baby, go home and cry to your Mommy or wife.

BTW I'm sure I know far more about Texas gun laws than you do or you ever will know.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
LMAO!!!!! Now I'm an anti-gun nutter because I follow the laws of Texas to ensure I maintain my CHL.

rather ou are a anti-gun nut or not really don't care. You are a nut. you are continuing to argue with what seems you are either not reading what he is writing or just dismissing it for the sake of arguing.

IF a person gets permission from the owner to carry in he is ok. you refuse to accept that and continue to argue and foam at the mouth.

it's rather sad and amusing. i think both of you (why he continues to talk to you i don't know) are fucking nuts and can't allow the other to get the last word in lol

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
rather ou are a anti-gun nut or not really don't care. You are a nut. you are continuing to argue with what seems you are either not reading what he is writing or just dismissing it for the sake of arguing.

IF a person gets permission from the owner to carry in he is ok. you refuse to accept that and continue to argue and foam at the mouth.

it's rather sad and amusing. i think both of you (why he continues to talk to you i don't know) are fucking nuts and can't allow the other to get the last word in lol

Yes, you can get permission from the owner. If not, they can legally bar you from entering their business or property. If you do enter their property and do not leave the police can arrest can charge you with trespass of a concealed weapon holder. Unlike Mr Sea Lawyer thinks, if you're still on the premises with a conceal weapon and the police arrest you the property owner is not required to press charges as the police have all the probable cause require to arrest/prosecute.

Now answer this, how many owners would waste their time/money purchasing the correct signs required by the law to post if they are thinking about allowing some customers to conceal carry?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Yes, you can get permission from the owner. If not, they can legally bar you from entering their business or property. If you do enter their property and do not leave the police can arrest can charge you with trespass of a concealed weapon holder. Unlike Mr Sea Lawyer thinks, if you're still on the premises with a conceal weapon and the police arrest you the property owner is not required to press charges as the police have all the probable cause require to arrest/prosecute.

Now answer this, how many owners would waste their time/money purchasing the correct signs required by the law to post if they are thinking about allowing some customers to conceal carry?

Londo you are a clueless idiot. The preposition of the argument was not "how many owners would waste their time/money purchasing the correct signs required by the law to post if they are thinking about allowing some customers to conceal carry?"

The answer to that is it doesn't matter. It's a strawman to the original argument that you lost and finally admitted to losing in this post with the statement "Yes, you can get permission from the owner." It's done. It's over. You lost the argument. Move on and stop being an internet douchebag.

But I'll play your game one more time and answer your question. It doesn't matter how many that put up those signs will allow effective consent on an individual basis. The point is there is nothing lost in ASKING if that truly is your favorite place to visit. If you are a long time customer of a business that just put up that 30.06 sign you lose NOTHING in either asking them to take it down, or asking for them to make an exception on your behalf to give you effective consent to still carry concealed on their property. The only thing that will happen is either they agree or they don't. If they don't agree the only options left are to either not go there anymore or if you go there to not carry a concealed weapon. It's a fucking simple ass concept.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Londo you are a clueless idiot. The preposition of the argument was not "how many owners would waste their time/money purchasing the correct signs required by the law to post if they are thinking about allowing some customers to conceal carry?"

The answer to that is it doesn't matter. It's a strawman to the original argument that you lost and finally admitted to losing in this post with the statement "Yes, you can get permission from the owner." It's done. It's over. You lost the argument. Move on and stop being an internet douchebag.

But I'll play your game one more time and answer your question. It doesn't matter how many that put up those signs will allow effective consent on an individual basis. The point is there is nothing lost in ASKING if that truly is your favorite place to visit. If you are a long time customer of a business that just put up that 30.06 sign you lose NOTHING in either asking them to take it down, or asking for them to make an exception on your behalf to give you effective consent to still carry concealed on their property. The only thing that will happen is either they agree or they don't. If they don't agree the only options left are to either not go there anymore or if you go there to not carry a concealed weapon. It's a fucking simple ass concept.

Why are you replying to me, don't you need to go cry to your Mommy or wife???

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Why are you replying to me, don't you need to go cry to your Mommy or wife???

LOL, insults from the losers are the only tears here.

sweet_tears.gif

Grow the fuck up and admit your wrong.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Please show where I stated in any of my post that a person couldn't get permission from the owner.

All my posts have been based on the person placing the sign up to keep weapons off of their premises.

I'll be waiting Mr Sea Lawyer.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
First off, you made this post. Stating how unhappy you were with 30.06 signs going up in more places. You referenced specifically your auction house that you frequent as a place considering using such a sign.

None the less thanks to these dickheads and those of the same mindset are achieving the exact opposite of what they set out to do. I'm seeing more and more 30.06 compliance signs being placed at local businesses. The auction houses I frequent as well are considering placing the signs at the entrance. One of the few times that I carry concealed is when I'm carry large sums of money and that's mostly buying/selling antiques. A concealed weapon does a person no good when it has to be stored in glove box or trunk.

I replied back about speaking with the business owner, in reference to the auction house, about either explaining why posting the sign won't do what they think it will do logically speaking OR with another post telling you to ask them to give you express consent even if they did post such a sign. If they value you as a customer that much they will see things your way either by not posting the sign or accommodating you specifically by giving you express consent.

As for a favorite place putting up a 30.06 sign, if it means that much to you then why not talk with the business owner about it? Many times all it takes is logically explaining that by putting up that sign the only thing they are doing is stopping legal people who wouldn't use their firearms in an improper manner and not doing a damn thing to deter those who wish to use a firearm in an illegal manner in their establishment.

I personally don't open carry and don't care if someone else wants to or not. It is legal and is what it is. Also, the 30.06 sign is doesn't mean you can't carry concealed either as long as the owner lets you. If you know that the reason the 30.06 sign was put up was to prevent people from open carrying into the business, then speak with the business owner and say you only conceal carry and would like to still be a customer. That you never open carry, nor would anyone know you are carrying but the owner and yourself. If they are only putting up the sign to stop open carry people, then you can still carry into the place as long as you have express permission to do so. Doesn't hurt to ask does it?

After which you went full fucking retard and said that my giving of advice on your options of your scenario was completely wrong. That even with express consent you would still be arrested, charged, and revoked of your CHL. You did with with multiple posts which included this very first response

Did you not read what I posted. Thanks to dumbasses sitting around a Starbucks while open carrying thinking it would help their cause is doing the opposite as it's hurting those who want to discretely conceal carry. Those who are placing the 30.06 signs in their windows have every right to do so and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Also should your pistol accidentally come into view while on there premises you would be in violation of Texas law. I will not take that chance and get into a legal mess/have my CHL revoked.

I attempted to maintain reason with you before you started foaming at the mouth like an inbred.

Could we consider this self pwnage award nomination on Londo's behalf?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
First off, you made this post. Stating how unhappy you were with 30.06 signs going up in more places. You referenced specifically your auction house that you frequent as a place considering using such a sign.

I replied back about speaking with the business owner, in reference to the auction house, about either explaining why posting the sign won't do what they think it will do logically speaking OR with another post telling you to ask them to give you express consent even if they did post such a sign. If they value you as a customer that much they will see things your way either by not posting the sign or accommodating you specifically by giving you express consent.

After which you went full fucking retard and said that my giving of advice on your options of your scenario was completely wrong. That even with express consent you would still be arrested, charged, and revoked of your CHL. You did with with multiple posts which included this very first response

I attempted to maintain reason with you before you started foaming at the mouth like an inbred.

Could we consider this self pwnage award nomination on Londo's behalf?

As I knew, you can't find not once where I stated a person couldn't get permission. I stuck with my statements that dumbass dickheads action are resulting in businesses placing 30.06 signs. Which these effectively restrict CHL holders from carrying concealed on their property. If you are arrested and charged with a 30.06 violation you can have your CHL revoked.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
As I knew, you can't find not once where I stated a person couldn't get permission. I stuck with my statements that dumbass dickheads action are resulting in businesses placing 30.06 signs. Which these effectively restrict CHL holders from carrying concealed on their property. If you are arrested and charged with a 30.06 violation you can have your CHL revoked.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I think you better you read the law.

I don't see anywhere in this law that the owner must be the one pressing charges. If a person is in violation of a law the police/state justice department can press charges against the person violating the law.

By specifically stating that the OWNER doesn't press the charges you are implying that the law doesn't work that way. By your statement you express that the owner can not give express consent and decide not to press charges you fucking numbnut!!! You stated that it is the police that specifically press the charges and once the sign is up that the owner has no way of giving express consent. OMG are you that fucking retarded????

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Are you fucking kidding me?

By specifically stating that the OWNER doesn't press the charges you are implying that the law doesn't work that way. By your statement you express that the owner can not give express consent and decide not to press charges you fucking numbnut!!! You stated that it is the police that specifically press the charges and once the sign is up that the owner has no way of giving express consent. OMG are you that fucking retarded????

If the police arrive and you are still on the premises violating the 30.06 code no charges are required to be filed by the owner as the police will have all the probable cause to exact an arrest and press charges. If you leave the premised before the police arrive the owner would have to file a complaint. Are you really this ignorant of the law?

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
If the police arrive and you are still on the premises violating the 30.06 code no charges are required to be filed by the owner as the police will have all the probable cause to exact an arrest and press charges. If you leave the premised before the police arrive the owner would have to file a complaint. Are you really this ignorant of the law?

OMFG!!! If you have express consent of the owner you will not be arrested. I gave you the scenario you dipshit.

Say your auction house puts up that stupid 30.06 sign. You decide to speak with the owner of the auction house. He tells you he did it because of the open carry people scaring other customers, but doesn't mind if you carry concealed. He gives you written express consent to be allowed on the property with your concealed carry weapon even though there is a 30.06 sign at the entrance to the premises. So you go about carrying into the auction house. One day in the future some new employee, NOT the owner, spots an outline print of your gun. He or she gets scared, knows there is 30.06 sign on the door and call the cops. Cops arrive. They are going to come up and ask you questions. They are going to ask if you have a concealed weapon on the premises and if you are aware of the 30.06 sign posted. You are going to state you are aware of it, but you have express written consent by the owner. They are going to contact the owner at that point. The owner will then tell the cops that you are allowed to be there with a concealed weapon per his/her permission. The cops are going to say thank you to both of you and be on their way. You WILL NOT BE ARRESTED in that scenario as I have outlined despite carrying a concealed weapon upon a premise that displays a proper 30.06 sign.

You tried to say that it is not up to the own in the post I quoted you on. That is factually incorrect! It is entirely up to the owner because it is THEIR premises and not those of law enforcement.

May I give you another example? I have a store in which I post signs that I prosecute to the full extent of the law for shop lifting. Some kid comes in and shop lifts some little piece of gum from my shop. I catch them and call the cops. The cops show up they call the parents. The parents show up. At this point as an owner I can file and then press charges. The parents and kid will be charged with whatever crimes they committed. At that point, depending upon the severity of the charges for the crimes, they may be arrested and taken in for booking.

However, say for example the parents explain to me that the kid has a mental problem. I then decide to NOT press or file charges. Guess what happens? Nothing. The cops tell us all to have a good day and go on their way. No one gets arrested or charged with any crime. That is how the law works.

As I said, your statement that it has nothing to do with the owner is wrong!

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I will also add that the filing/pressing charges bit is not the same for all laws and not the same everywhere. I'm specifically using petty theft and trespass laws here in Texas for reference for my argument. In many places and many crimes it doesn't matter if the "victim" files charges or not.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
As I've I said before and will say again, my information concerning arrest and penalties is coming from a defense lawyer licensed to practice in Texas and several police officers that serve in Houston and SugarLand. I will take their advice over yours 24/7/365.

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
Free men don't ask permission to bear arms and we carry how we choose! If you are scared of law abiding citizens and inanimate objects than maybe you should stay in your house. The safest place on earth is in a jail cell and I for one don't want to live like that.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
Free men don't ask permission to bear arms and we carry how we choose! If you are scared of law abiding citizens and inanimate objects than maybe you should stay in your house. The safest place on earth is in a jail cell and I for one don't want to live like that.

No

Jlosh20s

Sep 30, 2013
Yet we in Texas are seeing more 30.06 signs being displayed thanks to your efforts. So thanks for screwing over law abiding CHL holders.

concealed-carry-sign-NHB-16362_300.gif

Really wheres the proof of that? Is that an emotional statement or a factual one? If a property owner doesn't want us there then we leave case closed and some how us doing this is effecting CHL's? If a store doesn't want guns inside that's fine with me we have plenty of other places that welcome us with open arms.