Megamillions now 1.6B!!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
After the huge powerball scams that went on for years I can't believe people still throw money at this.

Millions of peoples money, and not a cent given back. It's all rigged.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
After the huge powerball scams that went on for years I can't believe people still throw money at this.

Millions of peoples money, and not a cent given back. It's all rigged.
Que?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I need to win so I can make a sexy mini itx build with a clear case window and really cool rainbow LEDs so I can feel cool. :(

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just spent $2 on a ticket. ;-)
I've never bought a lottery ticked of any kind anywhere. I think it's a scourge upon the nation. I understand that more than anything it's a license to dream... "what if I were super rich all of a sudden?" Not sure that's a good thing, personally. I've thought of it, not sure it's done a thing for me.

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
what countries can i buy and declare myself a dictator with 1.1 billion cash?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
My nephew. He’s got more lights and water in his then a Vegas hotel.

my latest motherboard came with all kinds of crazy lights. I cant figure out how to disable them.
I hate it.

HATE IT!

But the liquid cooling stays, alright?

Alright.

Nov 8, 2012
You buy the corvette not for the track performance or BHP, but to polish on your driveway and inspire admiration and envy

All I ever do is end up laughing knowing how stupid someone is for getting a loan to pay for a $50k car that will be worth $25k in 1 year.

Envy... hah. It's a fucking car.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
my latest motherboard came with all kinds of crazy lights. I cant figure out how to disable them.
I hate it.

HATE IT!

But the liquid cooling stays, alright?

Alright.

Sure just don’t spring a leak :)

His is the same way, lights, lights baby! And if those aren’t enough the MB has tons of pins for LED light add ons.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
All I can say is I hope whoever wins is smart enough to hire a lawyer so they can directly deposit it into a trust fund or a business so that the public can't see who won.

Most big lottery jackpot winners go broke some years after winning, not sure if it's 4,5,6,... but it isn't decades, so no the vast majority aren't even smart enough to put enough away to live off the interest much less set up a trust fund.

Nov 8, 2012
Most big lottery jackpot winners go broke some years after winning, not sure if it's 4,5,6,... but it isn't decades, so no the vast majority aren't even smart enough to put enough away to live off the interest much less set up a trust fund.
I just mean strictly to hide your name from the public so you don't get 12 billion calls from people claiming to be cancer victim and asking for your winning dollars.

Personally I'm ridiculously frugal. I would easily make it last for myself and my next generation.

Reactions: scannall