Mechwarrior Living Legends beta COMING TODAY!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
The issue I have is running into terrain while fighitng. Is there a way to switch to external camera to get unstuck?

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
The issue I have is running into terrain while fighitng. Is there a way to switch to external camera to get unstuck?

There is and will be no 3rd person view. This decision was made because of the advantage 3rd person view gives to looking over obstacles and to increase immersion.

I suggest larger & slower mechs or tanks. Clear Cut is bad for running into junk so don't feel bad on that map. Also don't keep running at full throttle, if you have limited space keep the speed down.

As for flying, with trial & error you'll know when you have to pull up. I don't like F bombs as it leaves you far too open to attack and are hard to aim. The other trick is to only turn on radar to locate a target and again when you are diving for the attack from great height. Most mechs can not retaliate if you come in and pull out in at a steep angle, hueit laser tanks on the other hand will eat you alive.

MedicBob

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2001
Finallty got Crysis reinstalled and running. MWLL is a very good mod and I love it. Even in beta, it is well done.

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Small contribution to the cause on my part... since I haven't found a keybind guide for newbs like me I went ahead and took notes during the 2 part youtube tutorial video (worth the watch, btw) and figured out a few that weren't covered that seemed to help a lot (chat commands in particular).. this is not exhaustive but should get most of you started if you haven't played yet:

General Commands
, = open purchase windows (vehicles/weapons/etc..) - only in a hangar/base
u = Team Chat
y = Global Chat
right ctrl = donate C-bills to team

Battle Armor / Infantry Commands
1-3 or mousewheel = select weapon (1 and 2 are guns, 3 is your always equipped SRM pack)
G = throw grenade
H = swap grenade type
Space = jump/jetpack
Left click = shoot current weapon
Right click = pick up dropped weapon

Vehicle Interaction
f = enter/exit vehicle (if you exit a vehicle without power off it can be taken by another player on either team)

p = power up/down (power down to repair in a hangar or when exiting vehicles in the field)
W/S = speed up / slow down
A/D = move vehicle left / right (mouse direction rotates waist/turret)
C = coolant flush
O = emergency shutdown override
\ = bind or unbind weapons
Left Mouse = fire weapon group 1
Right Mouse = fire weapon group 2
Center Mouse = fire weapon group 3

Radar, Targeting and View mode (vehicle only)
r = toggle radar between active/passive
z = camera zoom
i = toggle night vision
e = target closest enemy
t = cycle all targets in range
q = switch target to current crosshairs

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
asmuch as i've played battletech on the board and computer, i really need to take my copy of crysis out of the wrapper and play this.