Discussion Meat is murder? Then prove it.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
I'm in no way saying that vegans should be forced to to consume animal products or even harassing those who choose live the vegan lifestyle. And yes I have been harassed for eating meat by vegans before.

And for those who claim that eating meat is murder, well I'm asking them to show that is actually the case.

Then go talk to the PETA deathcult as they were the ones making that claim that set you off. You started the thread looking for a fight about this. Well, it doesn't seem that you'll find one here. At least not about this anyway. :)

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
To begin, I eat a lot of meat (mostly chicken and fish) but I do believe the current system of mass growth in horrific conditions is wrong. We all should be eating way less meat and it's only because the nature of the industry is so well hidden from sight that the majority of us find it palatable. Cows have emotions, chickens have ideas. Maybe they have hopes and dreams too. The end of the meat industry will essentially be when someone creates a device that communicates with animals in like a voice over fashion; it'll be game over at that point.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
The end of the meat industry will essentially be when someone creates a device that communicates with animals in like a voice over fashion; it'll be game over at that point.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
PETA *COULD* be a good thing, but they are too extremist. I'm all for ensuring that animals are treated property. But I don't think simply telling people to stop eating meat is even a viable option. I would much rather them see call out the really bad companies like Tyson that completely mistreat animals. Some farms are better than others. Small local farms tend to be the better ones. It's a fact of life that we are omnivores, but does not mean we need to make animals suffer either. people who run small farms, or hunt tend to treat the animals as humanely as possible. Yeah it sucks to kill them, but at least they tend to make it quick and painless. I would much rather see these people left alone, and PETA going after the actual bad guys who torture animals etc.

That said, nothing wrong with going vegan, but it has to be a personal choice. Trying to force people to do it and calling them evil for not doing it, is not going to go very far.

Great, now I want a baconator.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Given that we started on the path toward being Human and fighting our way to the top of food chain by both meat eating and cooking foods, then isn't saying that eating meat is murder basically committing Treason against our species?

Note, I'm not saying that being a vegan along is treason, but being more concerned about the welfare of lower animals rather than your fellow Man IS Treason.