McSupersizes to be phased out. 'tis a sad moment!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dighn
i supersized once. it was too much :(

For me, it's a Double Quarter Pounder Meal supersized. Mmmmmmmmmm...yummay :p

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Must have been big news because I had like 5+ customers asking me at work why McDonalds is discontinueing the Super Size.

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Brilliant. Good PR (disassociates them from the fatties) and now the fatties have to buy two to get their whale portions. Now if only they could start serving edible food, healthy or not.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
I can't say I'll miss it. Seems everything is going the super jumbo way now. I keep having to buy the smaller, more expensive 330 mL glass bottle of root beer at the local pizza place over their 99 cent 1.2 L fountain cup just cause I don't want to chug 2.5 lbs of liquid sugar.

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
This is McDonald's way of getting back at all the whining fat people. Now you can't blame them for being fat plus you'd have have 2 orders of fries with your meal.

Wonder what will be next. Boiled fries?:p

steveeast112

Banned
Dec 22, 2002
I love Bojangles. Now theres where you can get some awesome fries and chicken biscuits. *drool* NFS4 probably knows what I'm talking about...

drewdogg808

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2000
Originally posted by: ElFenix
what the? i thought that $0.39 was 99% profit for them?

where are there mcd's with supersizes for just $0.39 anymore? last couple years, every place i've been to has the different size upgrades (med, large, and supersize) with supersizing being $0.69 or something like that.

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
Now that they are getting healthier by getting rid of super size.... maybe they will go back to the original oil and have some good fries for a change.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Will they upsize the large to accomodate this? You're almost certainly a fat piece of sh*t if you supersize anyway, unless you're a young person living in a fantasy wherein you'll be able to eat like you currently do and never get fat later in life.

BTW mcdonalds fries ARE king.

I swear to God, portion sizes in the US are OBSCENE. They are larger than in Canada - noticeably so. I've had plates come out that would feed a batallion.

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Mc D's fries suck anyway. Always over cooked and dry.

Wendy's, now THERE are some good fries!

McD's fries are the best! Wendy's fries are too thick and nasty. BK fries are just downright disgusting

Boourns... bite your tongue skinny boy... :p

I :heart: Wendy's fries.. I like not having to crunch through a layer of salt prior to getting to the potato.. That, and they're great for dipping in Chili... Mmm.. Wendy's Chili...

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
You're almost certainly a fat piece of sh*t if you supersize anyway, unless you're a young person living in a fantasy wherein you'll be able to eat like you currently do and never get fat later in life.

That's not even remotely accurate.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001

And at least we can still get em Biggie sized! :D

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blakeatwork

McD's fries are the best! Wendy's fries are too thick and nasty. BK fries are just downright disgusting

I :heart: Wendy's fries.. I like not having to crunch through a layer of salt prior to getting to the potato.. That, and they're great for dipping in Chili... Mmm.. Wendy's Chili...

Oh yes...the chili that is made out of the old nasty burgers that have been laying around all day that they choose to "recycle". Yeah...goooooooooood
rolleye.gif

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Rather than supersizing fries are they just gonna have different sizes? Small medium and large?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Who would want a supersize of anything at Mcdonalds? Especially french fries. :disgust:

Shut up Hudson Hawk!!!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: drewdogg808
Originally posted by: ElFenix
what the? i thought that $0.39 was 99% profit for them?

where are there mcd's with supersizes for just $0.39 anymore? last couple years, every place i've been to has the different size upgrades (med, large, and supersize) with supersizing being $0.69 or something like that.

well whatever, i haven't ordered a value meal at mcdonalds in years. if i ever go i just order a couple of homestyle burgers.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: wyvrn

Nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to Braum's old style crinkle fries. I could eat those exclusively and never get tired of them.

you are correct, sir.

blakeatwork

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001

Oh yes...the chili that is made out of the old nasty burgers that have been laying around all day that they choose to "recycle". Yeah...goooooooooood
rolleye.gif

Hey, even old burgers need love... :p

AmericasTeam

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2003

Wendy's fries taste great dipped into a Frosty Mmm...:)

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i didn't realize that the super sizes only gave you like one more ounce than regular large. what a rip!

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Big deal, people will simply order more food to make up for the lack of a supersize. Either that or they'll walk across the street to another fast food joint which still does supersize.