McSupersizes to be phased out. 'tis a sad moment!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: jagr10
I bet they'll come out with something different. Just canning the whole supersize doesn't make sense. Maybe they'll change the name to "extra large". I don't understand it! Let's protest and eat at burger king now!

burger king is even more disgusting than mcdonalds.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Mc D's fries suck anyway. Always over cooked and dry.

Wendy's, now THERE are some good fries!
I dunno, Mc D's consitently has pretty good fries. Wendy's fries are either really good(right out of the frier) or not bad(been sitting around for an hour).

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
WTF??:|:| I love supersizing my meals.

Some of us have the ability to control our eating habits (or are blessed with a fast metabolism;)).

Too bad the Atkins freaks, lardasses and litigation happy idiots have to ruin everything:|

control....metabolism...the food still blows

same goes for burger king, and wendys.

i can stand chicken nuggets at wendys, or maybe chicken strips from bojangles if i *really* have to eat and im out....but thats depending on how hungry i am and how long itll be before i go home.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000

Nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to Braum's old style crinkle fries. I could eat those exclusively and never get tired of them.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000

McDonalds fries are the best fast food "normal fries"

but Popeye's as mentioned before owns them and so does arby's curly fries yum

I

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
That will be a sad, sad day.

:( :( :(

Edit:

By the way:

"Yeah, obesity is a consideration," said Adams, who operates Franchise Equity Group. "But health is just a component of this. The menu's gotten too broad and the kitchens are unmanageable with all the new products.

"This is also an effort to speed up McDonald's service," he said. "The less buttons on the cash register, the more efficient the crew people can be."

What a load of crap that is. :p

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
in related news the average weight per US resident dropped by 40 lbs...

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Originally posted by: mchammer187

McDonalds fries are the best fast food "normal fries"

but Popeye's as mentioned before owns them and so does arby's curly fries yum

I
I'll second the Arby's curly fries

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of the SuperSize name, but bump everything up a notch. So a medium will be called a small, a large will be called a medium, and a supersize will be called a large.

SOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002

Some of us have the ability to control our eating habits (or are blessed with a fast metabolism;)).

Too bad the Atkins freaks, lardasses and litigation happy idiots have to ruin everything:|

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999

McD's fries are the best! Wendy's fries are too thick and nasty. BK fries are just downright disgusting

wtf? McD's fries are NASTY! How the hell can you eat that crap??

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN

McD's fries are the best! Wendy's fries are too thick and nasty. BK fries are just downright disgusting

wtf? McD's fries are NASTY! How the hell can you eat that crap??

Different strokes for different folks. McD's fries own you

GRIFFIN1

Golden Member
Nov 10, 1999
Originally posted by: yukichigai
I wouldn't be surprised if they get rid of the SuperSize name, but bump everything up a notch. So a medium will be called a small, a large will be called a medium, and a supersize will be called a large.

SOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

They have done something like this before. What is now the medium size fry and drink used to be the large size. I think they made this change back in the mid 80s. Back when I worked at McDonalds, they didn't have value meals.

jsbush

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2000

Amen!

To all the tub of lards, buy a treadmill, and supersize my fries please!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
bummer.

I would get a cheeseburger meal supersized, my wife would get herself a cheesburger and we would split the fries and drink.

ok ok so im a cheapass so sue me.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: waggy
bummer.

I would get a cheeseburger meal supersized, my wife would get herself a cheesburger and we would split the fries and drink.

ok ok so im a cheapass so sue me.

MURDERER! It's people like you who killed supersizing! DESTROY HIM!!!!!!!!

:p

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
crap...at the mcdonalds near college, they supersize you for free if you say you're a student...why mcdonalds? why?

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
As much as I hate mcdonalds, it's not their fault that fat bastards eat there all the time. I'm still going to laugh at the fatty mcfattersons.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
As much as I hate mcdonalds, it's not their fault that fat bastards eat there all the time. I'm still going to laugh at the fatty mcfattersons.

Agreed. It's not McD's responsibility to cater to the fatarses of the world. If you're FAT, stop going to McD's ya dumbass!!! Eat a fuggin' salad and leave the rest of us who can control ourselves to enjoy SS meals.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I still have trouble blaming McDonalds for people being overweight.

Have they lost a "McDonalds made me eat too much of their food and not exercise enough" suits?