McD: Fish parts (aka fillet 'o fish) vs cow parts with soy bits (aka McDouble)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
No red meat during Lent "season"is still very common.

The year-round Fish Fridays where every restaurant has fish specials because no Catholic ate red meat on Fridays (or something like that) seems to be much less common, now.
Speak for yourself -- in WI, nearly every restaurant has some sort of fish option. Most notably and most commonly is the Friday Night Fish Fry. Those are year round and are AWEEEEESOME

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Wow, here in California a filet o fish is around $3.00 each, or 2 for $5.00. 2 for 2.50 seems like a great deal.

TonyG

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I used to get them when I was little, but after getting several in a row that had hair in the tartar sauce I quit ordering them....really makes me wonder if someone was making it extra "special" at that location.:eek:

louis redfoot

Feb 2, 2017
I used to get them when I was little, but after getting several in a row that had hair in the tartar sauce I quit ordering them....really makes me wonder if someone was making it extra "special" at that location.:eek:

food operators play with food all the time. i've heard stories. i've seen it happen. pretty sure it's happened to my food. but karma's a bitch, that's no way to get ahead in life. there are 2 kinds of waiters: 1) it's just a job. 2) i failed in life and i hate myself and being rude and playing with people is how i upstage them

Last edited:

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
but what about all the microplastics?

That published report was only concerned with radiation.
Microplastics, OTOH, is a completely different matter altogether. Some being an adsorptive magnet for all things generally bad for you could be problematic in the not so distant future.
The Gulf of Alaska appears to have the lowest numbers coincidentally so Pollack - assuming that's what in those sandwiches - :\ should be OK.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
As far as I am aware, McDoubles are 100% pure beef. Sure, you can think whatever you want, but McDonalds couldn't legally make that claim in the US if it wasn't true.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That published report was only concerned with radiation.
Microplastics, OTOH, is a completely different matter altogether. Some being an adsorptive magnet for all things generally bad for you could be problematic in the not so distant future.
The Gulf of Alaska appears to have the lowest numbers coincidentally so Pollack - assuming that's what in those sandwiches - :\ should be OK.

Ah cool, did not know that.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
if you hate your life then go ahead and ingest this disgusting vile product if you will. :p

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Filet-o-fish costs like $4 here for a long time. I can't believe it's so cheap for some of you. Makes me sad and angry at the same time.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
What's wrong with the filet o fish? It's a delicious option that's not absolutely horrible for your health.
I think it's pretty horrible for your health, especially if you leave on the 25g of tartar sauce they apply. It's loaded with grease, and the fish used isn't particularly nutritious.

I enjoy them, but I don't consider it a 'healthy' McDonalds option; just another option.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
is Mr. Submarine still a thing. I used to eat the fish subs for years..then a worker told me its not really fish.
fuck my life.

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
You live in the UK. Why the fuck are you going to MacDonalds for fish? Go to the fish and chip shop next door!
True dat. I rarely eat fast food but I do remember eating couple fish o during exam times at uni, never enuff tartar sauce. If cri everytyme ;_;

Big johns is he closet fish shop and it taste like shit. The chips are nice though apparently the chips are real

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
True dat. I rarely eat fast food but I do remember eating couple fish o during exam times at uni, never enuff tartar sauce. If cri everytyme ;_;

Big johns is he closet fish shop and it taste like shit. The chips are nice though apparently the chips are real
Your spelling is annoying me.

That's all I got out of your post.

Reactions: Cappuccino

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
is Mr. Submarine still a thing. I used to eat the fish subs for years..then a worker told me its not really fish.
fuck my life.
LOL

we used to have an actual fish sub. It was haddock patties with tartar sauce and any other toppings. It was pretty good but it was available only for 3 months.