McBush's Next Big Con On The American People

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
As a Native Californian (36 years) I WELCOME oil rigs off our coast if it lowers our prices and dependence on foreign oil. I would also stipulate this this should only be allowed in conjunction with AGGRESSIVE development of Nuclear power plants.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Video

We know that the oil "crisis" is an artificial construct. Production is at record levels, demand is down, supplies are high; yet in five short months, from February of this year to now, we've seen an unprecedented increase in retail gas prices from $3/gallon to $4/gallon. Day after day of new record oil prices and record gas prices with no end in sight.

When our economy faced larger percentage increases in the past; when it doubled from $1/gallon to $2/gallon, or jumped 50% from $2/gallon to $3/gallon, our economy adjusted because it was a slow market driven increase. But when you go from $3/gallon to $4/gallon between February and June, the wheels come off the wagon. People are looking for the quickest, cheapest, most politically-safe fix possible.

In the big picture, who has the most to gain from this increase? Think long term. Oil companies have been lobbying for years for our government to open up coastlines, national wildlife preserves, and any other promising piece of real estate to drilling. Bush and his family are chest deep in big oil, so it's no surprise he's already bought that ticket, but McCain has also jumped on the bandwagon. If you watched the video above, you'll know that he's lined his ranks and his pockets with big oil lobbyists and money.

Will American's be conned into jumping on the bandwagon as well? I hope not. I'd like to think we're smart enough to think beyond our short term gains and preserve the natural wealth of our country for our children.

What kind of America would you rather have, now and in the future? This and this? Or this and this?
I notice that you left out the part wherein you suggest a viable alternative solution to the energy problem.

So, without further ado, let's hear it... ?

*crickets*

JPeyton is a shill and a tool. I suspect he's either working for the DNC or some group like moveon.org that gives him marching orders on a daily basis and nothing more. He couldn't think himself out of a kindergarden class on saturday.