Mayor of San Juan: "Help us, we're dying!" Trump: "Such poor leadership"

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So in laymen's terms he's telling a family of 6 Americans to eat paper to survive?
Well he was complaining at the cost of the relief effort and trying to compare the storm to a 'real catastrophe' like Katrina.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Wow!..Trump tossing rolls of paper towels into the crowd like he's throwing out souvenir t-shirts and hats...I'm surprised he didn't sign them first. How many rolls to soak up a hurricane? Ah well, most productive he's been in 9 months

Jul 9, 2009
LOL.

What I find hilarious is Trump's throwing paper towels and calling it relief. What exactly are they supposed to do with it when they have no water, no food.
If you look at the video of the Mayor that was angry for no help she was surrounded by pallets of water, but a nice lie. Well told.

Nov 25, 2013
Someone just got the latest talking point I see.

I just find it funny that back in the George W. days the media and the left had fits over how much golf he played, it was a huge deal. Then Obama came to power and suddenly it was no big deal at all, no one in the media cared and no liberals said much about it, in fact if you commented on it you were some kind of racist. Now that President Trump is in power it has suddenly become a "big deal" with the media and the left again. I'm sure if the next Democrat President plays golf it'll return to the same old "no big deal " again.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I just find it funny that back in the George W. days the media and the left had fits over how much golf he played, it was a huge deal. Then Obama came to power and suddenly it was no big deal at all, no one in the media cared and no liberals said much about it, in fact if you commented on it you were some kind of racist. Now that President Trump is in power it has suddenly become a "big deal" with the media and the left again. I'm sure if the next Democrat President plays golf it'll return to the same old "no big deal " again.

Actually, people had an issue with how much vacation time he took. But don't let facts get in the way of your screed. False equivalencies, the tool of the tools. But seriously though, this stuff didn't happen that long ago for you to have already created an alternate universe.

On Aug. 8, 2014, Knoller tweeted that Obama had taken 19 vacations totaling 125 days so far while in office. Those numbers have risen a bit due to the Martha’s Vineyard vacation, but that’s still many fewer than George W. Bush’s 65 combined trips to his Texas ranch and his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, which totaled 407 days at the same point in his presidency.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ok-more-vacation-george-w-bush-or-barack-oba/

Jul 9, 2009
Actually, people had an issue with how much vacation time he took. But don't let facts get in the way of your screed. False equivalencies, the tool of the tools.

On Aug. 8, 2014, Knoller tweeted that Obama had taken 19 vacations totaling 125 days so far while in office. Those numbers have risen a bit due to the Martha’s Vineyard vacation, but that’s still many fewer than George W. Bush’s 65 combined trips to his Texas ranch and his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, which totaled 407 days at the same point in his presidency.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ok-more-vacation-george-w-bush-or-barack-oba/
Ranch and parents home? What does that have to do with golf?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The difference is that Trump publicly condemned Obama personally for taking vacations and playing golf an yet he outdoes him completely and utterly.
Hell you're queen is always riding around in a horse drawn carriage so how stupid is that?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I think we can all agree that you are the resident expert when it comes to shoveling horse shit.
I have to disagree with your assessment. Once upon a time that might have been true, however, he's got some very stiff competition in JW who's always coming up with new and creative ways to shovel it more effectively plus he'll attack anybody who disagrees with his views.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I just read that Trump was throwing paper towels and chicken soup at the audience.

What a hell of a guy!
I saw that clip treating suffering people like they are the Harlem Globetrotters

What a piece of filth Trump is

Reactions: UberNeuman

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So Trump says today to the people of Puerto Rico
“Now I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you’ve thrown our budget a little out of whack.”

What a piece of shit. Thanks all you fucking morons who voted for this dotard

Reactions: ch33zw1z

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Lol, Trump told Geraldo in his interview that PR debt will need to be “wiped out” and that people who own it can “say goodbye to that”. I’m going to suspect he didn’t run this idea past anybody, GOP would not at all like this.

PR debt is north of $70B not including other liabilities like pensions IIRC.