Mayne's 2 Posts Per Day Life Thread

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Where is our Mayne?? He's been gone for 3 days.

Nephews burnt house down?
Nephews stole Mayne's PC for Meth habit?
His musical career took off and he's touring?
Olds has him trapped in his basement?

Inquiring (nosey) minds want to know?

Reactions: Mayne

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Has anybody seen my old friend Mayne?
Can you tell me where he's gone?
He drank a lot of sterno,
But the good, they die young
Can you tell me where he's gone.
:(

Reactions: Mayne and Thebobo

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I've been working out of town for last 4 days doing furnace installs. Had one this morning but didn't realize it was a holiday weekend at the supplier...really embarrassing telling t he customer this morning I don't have the furnace until tuesday :( but it's nice to be home though ...time for a nap on my own bed :)

Nov 20, 2009
I've been working out of town for last 4 days doing furnace installs. Had one this morning but didn't realize it was a holiday weekend at the supplier...really embarrassing telling t he customer this morning I don't have the furnace until tuesday :( but it's nice to be home though ...time for a nap on my own bed :)
Is it really your own bed? No telling what kibnd of secret sauce is getting flung around in your absence.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Have I told you guys I love you? I do.. Me and my new sister roommate paid down the the first and last months rent today. Getting a new lock and keys for the door tomorrow. Wish I didn't have to install a 50 foot chimney liner tomorrow...

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
Have I told you guys I love you? I do.. Me and my new sister roommate paid down the the first and last months rent today. Getting a new lock and keys for the door tomorrow. Wish I didn't have to install a 50 foot chimney liner tomorrow...

50' holy shit I'd think I'd rather rip out the boiler and go direct vent.

Reactions: Mayne

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
50' holy shit I'd think I'd rather rip out the boiler and go direct vent.

Ir was only 45 feet after all..but my ladder couldn't reach the top of the house...so i had to a ladder to get up on the back part of the house and then put another ladder on top of that roof to reach the top...both flat roofs were covered in water and ended up soaking wet after everything was done. then spent the rest of the day running gas lines to the furnace...I feel sick right now. Now I got to run a shitload of gas pipe for another full system tomorrow on a sunday. I'm tired lol

skull

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
Ir was only 45 feet after all..but my ladder couldn't reach the top of the house...so i had to a ladder to get up on the back part of the house and then put another ladder on top of that roof to reach the top...both flat roofs were covered in water and ended up soaking wet after everything was done. then spent the rest of the day running gas lines to the furnace...I feel sick right now. Now I got to run a shitload of gas pipe for another full system tomorrow on a sunday. I'm tired lol

Atleast its a small liner going in a big chimney then. Nobody around here worries about orphaned chimneys we just leave the water heater on the old common furnace chimney.

I just had a fun week on a gas repair, utility red tags an apartment building for a leak so I go in fix the leak, utility comes back out to turn it on says there's another violation. I get there they didn't leave a red tag so I call up and they say its because the CSST isn't bonded. I said it sure in the fuck is you need to send someone smarter out here. Later that night I get woken up by a real fucking moron telling me yes sir its bonded but you see they ran stranded wire to it and it has to be solid wire. So we go round and round he keeps telling me its in the book I tell him no its not you're a fucking idiot he hangs up on me. So I get the utility book out and read through the CSST bonding section to see no mention of solid or stranded wire being specd. So I call the utility and tell them to send someone that won't trip on the loose step to the cellar and bust their head making them retarded. Gas is finally back on after the tenants had no heat all week.

Reactions: Perknose

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
These gas company guys make their living handing out red tags..fuck these fuckers...i think they make 15 dollars a red tag.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Also I woke up during the night last night to take a piss..and tripped over my work boots and put my palm thru the corner of my new 50 inch monitor...spent the rest of the night realzing I just lost 500 bucks. I can't win.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Me and my niece at Christmas...yeah I've lost way too much weight.

Attachments

• niece and me.jpg
    niece and me.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: snoopy7548

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
We can talk shit about each other here on the forums all day long, but in the end we love each other. I love you guys.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
I can’t quit you, Mayne! ;)

6bLWiqL.png