Matt Gaetz. He likes ‘em young.

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Well, IANAL, but even if sex with a 16 year-old is technically legal within a state, if someone uses interstate communications to set up a sexual encounter across state lines, and then travels across state lines for the purposes of performing the sexual act, it becomes a matter of federal jurisdiction.

Here’s an age-of-consent page that may be useful for the statutory rape/abuse of a minor aspect of this.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/florida

The age of consent in Federal jurisdictions is 16, not 18, (18 USCode 2243 4), and the old Mann Act language about “for immoral purposes” was long ago replaced by more specific language. Transporting for purposes of commercial sexual activity is a federal crime under the PROTECT Act of 2003, but consensual sexual activity isn’t necessarily. Paying for hotel rooms and airfare would probably trip the commercial wire, though, depending on how explicit the quid pro quo really was.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
In case you were wondering if the Matt Gaetz news is important enough to have anywhere on the front page of FOX, the answer is no. The front page news is Amanda Bynes’ apparent love for Soulcycle and how Queen Elizabeth is dealing with the cancellation of an obscure Easter event.

Matt Who? Matt Gaetz the Democratic congressman for North Florida.? ... Isn’t he also Hunter Biden’s wingman?

Feb 4, 2009
Somone on the news explained the whole sex trafficking charge pretty simply.
It doesn’t necessarily have to do with age of consent, it has to do with anyone who is under 18 being compensated in any way for the explicit purpose of sex.
Buying a drink or dinner or hotel room or vacation for the explicit offer for sex with anyone under 18 is where the problem arrises.
This isn’t we went to a movie and stuff happened, this is “I’ll take you here or give you this if you f-me”

BTW, this carries a mandatory 10 year minimum sentence

Last edited:

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
In case you were wondering if the Matt Gaetz news is important enough to have anywhere on the front page of FOX, the answer is no. The front page news is Amanda Bynes’ apparent love for Soulcycle and how Queen Elizabeth is dealing with the cancellation of an obscure Easter event.

Matt Who? Matt Gaetz the Democratic congressman for North Florida.? ... Isn’t he also Hunter Biden’s wingman?
I'm so sick of FOX's bullshit. They run stories every other day about how CNN isn't covering the Cuomo story but if you go to the CNN website the stories are there and not hidden. Then FOX turns around and ignores a story about an investigation into a congressman trafficking underage girls. Pot called kettle black.

Edit - FOX just added a story about Gaetz.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
The comments on the FOX article are absolutely insane.

Rumors versus actual photos of Xiden molesting kids. Buy a gun, folks..leftist are nuts

There’s nothing to see here folks, fake news

Sounds like "Russian disinformation" and "a total smear campaign" to me.

Ill say what liberals say when their side does something wrong... WHO CARES..

Reactions: dank69

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
A little recap of how some have responded to the news of Gaetz

"Well, school girls are whores anyway so something something some things"
"Age of consent so as long as it doesn't happen on school grounds or her parents bed..."
"So if there is grass on the field....
"I heard a story on FoxNews about some politicians son so maybe I should drop that name in this thread"
"I had sex with a girl once"

You've been peeking in Parler again, haven't you.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
When GOP sends its people to government, they’re not sending their best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
That would be a bad assumption, but the rest is on point.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I'm so sick of FOX's bullshit. They run stories every other day about how CNN isn't covering the Cuomo story but if you go to the CNN website the stories are there and not hidden. Then FOX turns around and ignores a story about an investigation into a congressman trafficking underage girls. Pot called kettle black.

Edit - FOX just added a story about Gaetz.

FOX is right on top of it as usual.
Published 3 hours ago

Not so luckey now. I bet she's thinking 'WTF did I get into'. She does look a little young if you know what I mean (not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ). edited.
Gaetz proposed to Ginger Luckey, a 26-year-old food analyst, at Mar-a-lago in December 2020. The couple met at Trump's Florida club earlier that year.
NINTCHDBPICT000644635857.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
FOX is right on top of it as usual.

Not so luckey now. I bet she's thinking WTF did I get into. She does look a little young.

NINTCHDBPICT000644635857.jpg

She’s the Sister of one of the oculus rift founders who sold to Facebook. So. Much. Weirdness.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
The things I find most amusing about the “extortion” angle is that the two businessmen who were trying to scam “Daddy” Gaetz wanted the money because they were being scammed by an intelligence operative who had convinced them Levinson was alive. And that intelligence operative was probably being scammed by a source inside Iran, who in turn was being scammed by someone in the Iranian government.

It’s scams all the way down, a Russian nesting doll of scams. It’s so Republican.

It’s also funny to listen to Gaetz’s outrage after he spent years defending Trump when he engaged in implicit extortion time and again. NO QUID PRO QUO!!