News Massive "Dragon Man" skull found in China might be a new human evolutionary branch

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Maybe, maybe not. Societies need structure, no argument from me, but to what extent. Since authoritarian religions have had their way with our societies for most of our history, we will never really know otherwise. Sure, we got to vaccines, I guess we can say "we made it" while millions doubt the science and don't get vax'd because of religious cult-like beliefs anyways :p
Yea we not out of the woods just yet

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
Simply: the concept of a divine creator inherently rejects the process of evolution, because there is no rational or logical way to believe in a divine creator without also believing that this creator has intent. --there. Just stop there. Read that last bit. It's the most important, and can't be made any clearer.

Evolution has no goal. It isn't even "a thing" in itself. It describes a process that is governed by millions of biochemical and geological processes, just doing their things, as they do, for billions of years. And here we are. Because we are.

There is no rational reason for a human-created deity to have no interest in the creation of humans, correct? Otherwise, if you just believe that this "Creator" pooped into existence one millisecond, created everything, and then just disappeared or now remains dormant or simply uninterested in everything, for what, 12 billion years?, then why not just believe it doesn't exist? What is the reason for wasting your time and what you already know is a merely a placeholder for what we simply don't know yet?

Most of the serious Christians Ive met believe biblical god exists in the past, present, and future. He is all-powerful and sees all.

Within these parameters, god could envision an infinite number of universe simulations from beginning to end, determine the most desired outcome, scrap the other simulations, and then create the universe as we know it.

Or god could just straight up know the best simulation without considering anything else, and then create the universe as we know it.

Or god could create the universe in six literal days, and then embed faux evidence of evolution/geology/ or anything else that indicates the universe has been here a long fucking time all over the place for reasons unknown.

Also—I would be super pumped if the dna in the molar turns out to be denisovan. We know so little of them compared to Neanderthals.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: uclaLabrat

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure this is much Ado about nothing. It's just an average Trump voter got lost in China, some locals just took their skull and are playing a joke on the archaeological community.