Martha Stewart turns herself in

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
I heard that she might be indicted today :)

I don't know if she really broke the law or not but it sure looks fishy to me. If she did it - she should do time.

CkG

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
I can't wait to see how she dresses up the appearance of those flashy Orange Jumpsuits and
starts showing off the 'Metal Handicrafts for your Automobile' (Liscense Plates)

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
i would rather see her in jail than SOddom or hitler

She is right up there with those two as far as I am concerned. Damn her and those freaking doilies!!!!!!!!!!!

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I think the real question here is....

WOULD YOU HIT IT???

I say hellll no.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
U Americans have screwed up priorities. IMO, she didn't do anything wrong. Nothin' wrong with insider trading.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: hagbard
U Americans have screwed up priorities. IMO, she didn't do anything wrong. Nothin' wrong with insider trading.

Except that no one would invest in the stock market if insider trading was legal and unpunished.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

WOULD YOU HIT IT???

I say hellll no.
A few years ago, I told the girl I was dating at the time that she was "attractive - in a Martha Stewart kind of way."

She was NOT pleased.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

WOULD YOU HIT IT???

I say hellll no.
I'd do her in the butt...if I was in prison...

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA

WOULD YOU HIT IT???

I say hellll no.
I'd do her in the butt...if I was in prison...

Please! I'm just about to eat my dinner here!

Andy

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
That's why the TSE is considered a den of thieves.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I haven't been following her story that closely...has she given a reason for dumping the stock in question the day before the bottom fell out? Was it just an "I simply felt like selling it" excuse?

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000

Except that no one would invest in the stock market if insider trading was legal and unpunished.

Wrong. Before it was illegal, people traded. Insider trading provides pretty fast information to the markets that something is up.

hagbard

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Originally posted by: rahvin
That's why the TSE is considered a den of thieves.

Hey, I bought Nortel at $30cdn, and went on national tv to brag about it. What can I say?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Gaard
I haven't been following her story that closely...has she given a reason for dumping the stock in question the day before the bottom fell out? Was it just an "I simply felt like selling it" excuse?

She faces 30 years prison time on a variety of charges with $2 million in fines.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Gaard

She faces 30 years prison time on a variety of charges with $2 million in fines.

Yeah, I saw on the news. I also saw that she pleaded not guilty. That means that the question I'm sure she was asked..."Did you use insider information pertaining to XXX stock?"...was answered with something like..."No, the reason I sold it the day before it bottomed out is yadda, yadda, yadda."

I'm interested in knowing what the yadda, yadda, yadda is. ;)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
It's a good thing.
Why?
Hers is a very small and almost insignificant case of insider trading. Compared to the other massive stock scandals that were happening at the same time and have gone unprosecuted, I think this is almost an injustice.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: shinerburke
It's a good thing.
Why?
Hers is a very small and almost insignificant case of insider trading. Compared to the other massive stock scandals that were happening at the same time and have gone unprosecuted, I think this is almost an injustice.

=exactly, and the jury will see though it... 4000 shares whoooohooo! This is a case of selective prosecution if I've ever seen one... to put a feather in some creatons hat.

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
She broke the law, she fabricated a cover up, she did insider trading that has specific rules of conduct that SHE knew about and was sworn to uphold (She has an SEC Lisence). She must defend herself, and first step is t odeclare innocence in order to get a trial by your peers. Do not for a moment believe her proclimation of inocense is anything more than a tool for a trial.

She faces jail and fines, and will argue she has suffered enough already because of her stock devaluation. I hope she loses it all, and the feds make her a model for prosecution of bigger fish, like Kenneth Lay.

But for those friends of this witch, Bush will pardon her when he leaves office. You can bank on that.