Market up on strong jobs data.

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’m curious as to what mistakes you think trump made as well as what he has done about it.

You didn’t address the other issues I and others brought up and I doubt you’ll address this question either. You probably shouldn’t call this place an echo chamber when it’s you who refuses to add anything of substance or address or acknowledge points/counterpoints.

Prove us wrong though, answer the above questions and counter/acknowledge points others have made. Show us how you aren’t just another mouth piece for the trump cult, show us how you are capable of thinking for yourself.

Reactions: Meghan54

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I’m curious as to what mistakes you think trump made as well as what he has done about it.

The big issue was downplaying covid. Saying it would "go away" was a big mistake. Talking about medicines that were "suppose" to treat covid distracted from important issues.

I am not sure if throwing money at the issue would have solved anything as there were supply chain problems.

What I feel Trump did right:

Using war powers to force companies like GM to produce ventilators, face shields... PPE.
Sending navy medical ships to the east and west coast.
Issuing travel bans, travel restriction, on various nations.
Using war powers to order meat plants to stay open - washington post disputes that though.
Stopped the export of various medical supplies - N95 for example
Tried to use war powers from the Korean war to get mask from singapore. I think that request was denied.
Allowing states to decide on mask requirements. Like someone said on an interview, some rural town that has never had a covid case, should they be required to wear mask like an area that has an outbreak.
Trump was talking about using war powers to boost test kit production, but kits were coming in, Not sure if production could even be boosted as we do not know what capacity the plants were running at.
Wanted to quarantine the northeast, but Andrew Cuomo said that would be an act of war.

There is a lot of stuff the CDC did wrong. I feel trump is getting blame for that, but I am not sure if he told the CDC to do certain things, such as limit testing.

I feel the biggest battle was misinformation from the CDC and main stream media. Trump has little to no control over that. Even CNN ran an article saying wearing a mask could increase your risk of getting covid.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The big issue was downplaying covid. Saying it would "go away" was a big mistake. Talking about medicines that were "suppose" to treat covid distracted from important issues.

I am not sure if throwing money at the issue would have solved anything as there were supply chain problems.

What I feel Trump did right:

Using war powers to force companies like GM to produce ventilators, face shields... PPE.
Sending navy medical ships to the east and west coast.
Issuing travel bans, travel restriction, on various nations.
Using war powers to order meat plants to stay open - washington post disputes that though.
Stopped the export of various medical supplies - N95 for example
Tried to use war powers from the Korean war to get mask from singapore. I think that request was denied.
Allowing states to decide on mask requirements. Like someone said on an interview, some rural town that has never had a covid case, should they be required to wear mask like an area that has an outbreak.
Trump was talking about using war powers to boost test kit production, but kits were coming in, Not sure if production could even be boosted as we do not know what capacity the plants were running at.
Wanted to quarantine the northeast, but Andrew Cuomo said that would be an act of war.

There is a lot of stuff the CDC did wrong. I feel trump is getting blame for that, but I am not sure if he told the CDC to do certain things, such as limit testing.

I feel the biggest battle was misinformation from the CDC and main stream media. Trump has little to no control over that. Even CNN ran an article saying wearing a mask could increase your risk of getting covid.

A lot of that didn't actually happen (he didn't really enact travel bans--he just restricted "Certain travelers," none of it based on any rational science or logic--for example: UK allowed to travel, for literally no epidemiological reason. Yes, this was because of Trump's personal business relationships, especially in Scotland).

PPE was confiscated by Trump, sold off to middle man friend of his, that created a business in literally one day to then resale all of that to the states at a huge markup. You would call that patriotic. Humans would call that vile. He stole test kits from NJ, and Larry Hogan, republican governor of MD, re-routed test kits that he acquired personally as a deal with S Korea, for the people of MD, re-routed his shipment to BWI and sent in the national MD national guard to protect them from Trump. This literally happened, and has been thoroughly documented.

I mean, you haven't even posted anything to support what you claim Trump has done, just believed him at his word, which is one of your many mistakes (Trump literally lies about everything, especially the stupid people that he believes trust and depend on him--his supporters. He thinks you are a dumbfuck, and he exploits this. You have to know that, right?) Anyway, you are taking him at his word for literally no logical reason considering what is actually known about the man, so I'm not going to bother posting all of the links that are freely available to anyone, to show you what Trump actually did and didn't do..

....well, except for this one:

you think he opened the meat plants with war times powers. OK, yes he did that....but no workers were wearing masks and no plexi glass was required at their stations. Major outbreaks occurred specifically because of this decision, and people died because of Trump's order. Was it worth it? Well, maybe if you are a Chinese citizen, because that's where all the meat that they produced and died for was sent:

So, is this what you support? Trump forcing meat workers to die so that he can sell meat to China? This is the very sort of thing you claim to hate. Here is the story, here is the evidence. Will you refuse to believe it, or will you change your mind?

All this because he is owned by Xi. Everyone fucking knows it. Do you stand by this, or not? The facts are on the ground. You can decide for yourself.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
also, you're again stuck on early material, assuming people aren't allowed to improve and revise their advice--that actual humans are incapable of learning.

"CNN ran an article saying that wearing a mask can increase your chances of getting covid." Yes, I'm sure they did. You know what, that was probably found everywhere. You know what? I know I mentioned this early on in February as well.

Do you even know what the argument was, or is it just "CNN said bad thing first therefore always is bad thing that is said and believed." I am sure this is how your brain works. I mean, there is no question. That is literally how you think.

The argument is that when people wear masks, especially the ave. American that is completely unused to this on a regular basis, they both aren't going to know how to wear it (false confidence can lead to worse habits) and also increase frequency of unconscious tics that will make things worse--constantly touching face to adjust mask at nose, rub eyes, etc. Yes, it very well can increase your exposure in sensitive areas, just from wearing the mask. This isn't about covid--this argument is based on decades of these kind of studies, tons and tons of data regarding respiratory infections. It's not "about covid." It's about what is actually known about masks.

Also, the cautionary advice against masks is in light of recognizing that our national supply was preposterously low. Why is that? Well, fucking Trump is why. His admin's duty (HIS DUTY) was to keep the national stock up to date and resupplied. It is not that "Obama removed the supply!" That is what you do when you have a normal schedule to restock. You see, you are supposed to restock. Fucks like you argue that business people are brilliant, because they think they need to run on a tight budget, never fucking plan for anything, supplies are simply waste! this is what is one of the many broken things about the conservative brain, and how they don't fucking understand how government needs to work, and it's simplest, base duties. When Trump refused to restock the national supply "because it's waste!" well, guess what the fuck happens when it's needed, dumbass?

Trump ignored warnings for months about the oncoming pandemic (yes, this was known back in November). He failed to prepare, and all of the data is there to support that his is only, and everything, the complete fault of Trump and his titanic, easily-predictable ineptitude at running anything. The guy has been nothing but a consistent failure in life, at every single fucking business that he has tried to start on his own. Every single one--which, if they weren't an outright fraud, they were just a complete fucking failure. This isn't disputable--it's completely true. So, you know, to figure that the guy that couldn't succeed at a single idea that he ever had in life (beyond steal that other guy's money and sue him until he shuts up!) is somehow capable of leading the United States, is to be the dumbest mother fucking version of a human, ever.

Ever. You have to literally be dumber that the minimum threshold on any intelligence scale that humans had ever devised, to have both voted for Trump in 2016 with everything that was thoroughly known about him, and to continue to support him during the consistently available, indisputable, daily evidence of his complete failure at everything that life gives anyone a chance "to do."

You're right from the other thread: 100 years from now, humanity will look back at us with disgust, and it will be that Trump and Boris and Bolsonaro and all the other eastern European fascist rightwingers were allowed to capture the brains of plain idiots during these years, and set all of humanity back at least 2 generations.

Consider what's happened to the children right now, essentially missing nearly 2 solid years of mental and intellectual development, ALL because pudding brains such as yourself "got their feelings hurt!" when black man was president. That is it. That is how history will define this era. It isn't anything but. You are an embarrassment, and you are a stain on humanity. You will not be remembered with reverence, but with the same type of disgust as rabid slave-holding zealots in the south and apathetic but sympathetic bedwetting Germans that just let the Nazis roll through Europe and exterminate millions, all because "your feelings were hurts." Hell, at least Germans had the excuse of literal poverty and historic, nation-killing depression. The US during the Obama years was essentially better than it had been over the previous 20 years--also not in dispute by any economic measure. But you believe something else, and nothing like the actual truth of the world will compete with "your belief," therefore your contemptible desire to destroy Western Democracy is defensible, in your tiny pudding brain.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
also, you're again stuck on early material, assuming people aren't allowed to improve and revise their advice--that actual humans are incapable of learning.

"CNN ran an article saying that wearing a mask can increase your chances of getting covid." Yes, I'm sure they did. You know what, that was probably found everywhere. You know what? I know I mentioned this early on in February as well.

Do you even know what the argument was, or is it just "CNN said bad thing first therefore always is bad thing that is said and believed." I am sure this is how your brain works. I mean, there is no question. That is literally how you think.

The argument is that when people wear masks, especially the ave. American that is completely unused to this on a regular basis, they both aren't going to know how to wear it (false confidence can lead to worse habits) and also increase frequency of unconscious tics that will make things worse--constantly touching face to adjust mask at nose, rub eyes, etc. Yes, it very well can increase your exposure in sensitive areas, just from wearing the mask. This isn't about covid--this argument is based on decades of these kind of studies, tons and tons of data regarding respiratory infections. It's not "about covid." It's about what is actually known about masks.

Also, the cautionary advice against masks is in light of recognizing that our national supply was preposterously low. Why is that? Well, fucking Trump is why. His admin's duty (HIS DUTY) was to keep the national stock up to date and resupplied. It is not that "Obama removed the supply!" That is what you do when you have a normal schedule to restock. You see, you are supposed to restock. Fucks like you argue that business people are brilliant, because they think they need to run on a tight budget, never fucking plan for anything, supplies are simply waste! this is what is one of the many broken things about the conservative brain, and how they don't fucking understand how government needs to work, and it's simplest, base duties. When Trump refused to restock the national supply "because it's waste!" well, guess what the fuck happens when it's needed, dumbass?

Trump ignored warnings for months about the oncoming pandemic (yes, this was known back in November). He failed to prepare, and all of the data is there to support that his is only, and everything, the complete fault of Trump and his titanic, easily-predictable ineptitude at running anything. The guy has been nothing but a consistent failure in life, at every single fucking business that he has tried to start on his own. Every single one--which, if they weren't an outright fraud, they were just a complete fucking failure. This isn't disputable--it's completely true. So, you know, to figure that the guy that couldn't succeed at a single idea that he ever had in life (beyond steal that other guy's money and sue him until he shuts up!) is somehow capable of leading the United States, is to be the dumbest mother fucking version of a human, ever.

Ever. You have to literally be dumber that the minimum threshold on any intelligence scale that humans had ever devised, to have both voted for Trump in 2016 with everything that was thoroughly known about him, and to continue to support him during the consistently available, indisputable, daily evidence of his complete failure at everything that life gives anyone a chance "to do."

You're right from the other thread: 100 years from now, humanity will look back at us with disgust, and it will be that Trump and Boris and Bolsonaro and all the other eastern European fascist rightwingers were allowed to capture the brains of plain idiots during these years, and set all of humanity back at least 2 generations.

Consider what's happened to the children right now, essentially missing nearly 2 solid years of mental and intellectual development, ALL because pudding brains such as yourself "got their feelings hurt!" when black man was president. That is it. That is how history will define this era. It isn't anything but. You are an embarrassment, and you are a stain on humanity. You will not be remembered with reverence, but with the same type of disgust as rabid slave-holding zealots in the south and apathetic but sympathetic bedwetting Germans that just let the Nazis roll through Europe and exterminate millions, all because "your feelings were hurts." Hell, at least Germans had the excuse of literal poverty and historic, nation-killing depression. The US during the Obama years was essentially better than it had been over the previous 20 years--also not in dispute by any economic measure. But you believe something else, and nothing like the actual truth of the world will compete with "your belief," therefore your contemptible desire to destroy Western Democracy is defensible, in your tiny pudding brain.

The problem with N95 masks is the products were depleted in 2009 and never replenished. . And of course theres never been a shortage of ventilators.