Market up on strong jobs data.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Just another day in AT P&N land, nothing has changed since I posted here months ago. Same handful of leftists pretending good news isn't good to protect their bubble, nothing more.

I like how you made a bunch of easily disprovable lies in this thread and then whined about other people trying to protect their bubble.

Do you consider yourself to be an intelligent person?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How is he though? The rate of improvement isn't going up. It's staying consistent to what it has been since early in the Obama admin. Wages aren't shooting up. New jobs aren't shooting up. The only thing shooting up under him is the national debt.

And asset inflation driven by investor class tax windfalls. When the price of housing goes up faster than wages, it's not a win for young working families, at all.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Just another day in AT P&N land, nothing has changed since I posted here months ago. Same handful of leftists pretending good news isn't good to protect their bubble, nothing more.
So they're being just like righties in 2014-15.. and that make you better.. how?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So they're being just like righties in 2014-15.. and that make you better.. how?

Yes, now you got it! Several posters here are no different than the impeach-Obama-FUD crowd from the right of years back, you hit the nail on the head.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
And asset inflation driven by investor class tax windfalls. When the price of housing goes up faster than wages, it's not a win for young working families, at all.

Pricing of housing in blue cities is atrocious and has been for years. Today that suddenly has become the issue you want to draw a line in the sand about? LOL

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I like how you made a bunch of easily disprovable lies in this thread and then whined about other people trying to protect their bubble.

Do you consider yourself to be an intelligent person?

I haven't lied, I've consistently displayed how things are doing well under Trump. I posted a great article that discusses how his policies and changes have directly contributed to our current economic growth (here's one from liberal bastion CNN, even they can't lie about this one). Remember before the election when many on the left said putting Trump in office would destroy the economy? Bottom line is we're arguing over details, the proof is in the pudding. How is Trump doing today, how is our economy doing today? Remember when Obama said 2% is the new norm? He's absolutely dominating and the left has taken a pretty big uppercut that they're still trying to recover from... keep fighting that good fight, we need two strong parties and right now he left is an absolute disaster.

Intelligent? Don't worry about how smart I am, I'm doing fine in life and make good decisions. :)

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yes, now you got it! Several posters here are no different than the impeach-Obama-FUD crowd from the right of years back, you hit the nail on the head.
I've known this for years and years. And I'll ask again, how does being just like them make you better than them?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I've known this for years and years. And I'll ask again, how does being just like them make you better than them?

I am not just like them. I thought it was FUD when it was the right against Obama, today the left is having a "hold my beer" moment when it comes to FUD about Trump, they've been throwing a tantrum since Nov. 8 2016 nonstop. The "everybody gets a trophy" left having to reconcile the reality of America rejecting their left of common sense ideology. I just call it like I see it, I'm an independent voter that has been won over by the America-first, pro-American policies Trump has put in place.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I haven't lied, I've consistently displayed how things are doing well under Trump. I posted a great article that discusses how his policies and changes have directly contributed to our current economic growth (here's one from liberal bastion CNN, even they can't lie about this one). Remember before the election when many on the left said putting Trump in office would destroy the economy? Bottom line is we're arguing over details, the proof is in the pudding. How is Trump doing today, how is our economy doing today? Remember when Obama said 2% is the new norm? He's absolutely dominating and the left has taken a pretty big uppercut that they're still trying to recover from... keep fighting that good fight, we need two strong parties and right now he left is an absolute disaster.

Intelligent? Don't worry about how smart I am, I'm doing fine in life and make good decisions. :)

But Obama was right about 2% or so being the new norm, we already covered this. It doesn't mean every quarter is 2.x%, it means overall trend growth will be somewhere around there. This is simply due to demographics. Trump has engaged in massive fiscal stimulus and after that he's gotten at least one quarter of growth over 4%. Obama had several of those as well, so it's not particularly special. (about 10% of Obama's quarters were 4+%.)

Like I said, for whatever reason you've felt the need to either invent or incorrectly state numbers related to wages and labor force participation rate, because you're arguing emotionally here and not logically. Fiscal stimulus in a growing economy is a very dumb idea economically and while it can certainly lead to higher growth in the near term (that's what fiscal stimulus does!) in an economy near full employment it's just going to end up producing crowding out and inflation.

The economy under Trump has done fine so far but he's already made a number of serious errors that will undermine long term growth. The proof is in the pudding of course, and I suspect we'll see higher inflation leading to significantly tighter monetary policy going forward, which will drag down growth.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
But Obama was right about 2% or so being the new norm, we already covered this. It doesn't mean every quarter is 2.x%, it means overall trend growth will be somewhere around there. This is simply due to demographics. Trump has engaged in massive fiscal stimulus and after that he's gotten at least one quarter of growth over 4%. Obama had several of those as well, so it's not particularly special. (about 10% of Obama's quarters were 4+%.)

Like I said, for whatever reason you've felt the need to either invent or incorrectly state numbers related to wages and labor force participation rate, because you're arguing emotionally here and not logically. Fiscal stimulus in a growing economy is a very dumb idea economically and while it can certainly lead to higher growth in the near term (that's what fiscal stimulus does!) in an economy near full employment it's just going to end up producing crowding out and inflation.

The economy under Trump has done fine so far but he's already made a number of serious errors that will undermine long term growth. The proof is in the pudding of course, and I suspect we'll see higher inflation leading to significantly tighter monetary policy going forward, which will drag down growth.

I guess time will tell, I don't agree with you and think all available evidence agrees with my stance. You were more or less saying the same thing ~10 months ago. The economy has only gotten better since then. Just saying, but let's see how thing continue to unfold.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I find it funny that people like Spidey continually demand that Trump be feted for continuing a trend in employment that preceded him by several years.

Congratulations?

This fucktard loves being purposely stupid then points fingers and people for recognizing... typical sock puppet troll... Yawn.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This fucktard loves being purposely stupid then points fingers and people for recognizing... typical sock puppet troll... Yawn.

Like I said, you are wrong over and over, but that is the norm for you. It is sad that you've lowered the bar in your life so low.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Everything you type is a lie... Sometimes you can't keep track of them all... No one cares about your protests or your feels.

Fuck them and you.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
How is he though? The rate of improvement isn't going up. It's staying consistent to what it has been since early in the Obama admin. Wages aren't shooting up. New jobs aren't shooting up. The only thing shooting up under him is the national debt.

It's fun to watch sock puppets try and sell lies... Good old facts, numbers, math and their far left leaning liberal bias...

2013 Obama Jobs - 2,044,000
2014 Obama Jobs - 2,553,000
2015 Obama Jobs - 2,240,000
2016 Obama Jobs - 1,959,000
2017 Trump Jobs - 1,700,000

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I am not just like them. I thought it was FUD when it was the right against Obama, today the left is having a "hold my beer" moment when it comes to FUD about Trump, they've been throwing a tantrum since Nov. 8 2016 nonstop. The "everybody gets a trophy" left having to reconcile the reality of America rejecting their left of common sense ideology. I just call it like I see it, I'm an independent voter that has been won over by the America-first, pro-American policies Trump has put in place.
Yeah, it's amazing how every single right winger in America now miraculously never got involved in Obama gonna take my guns / Jade Helm / birtherism / employment numbers were faked hysterias. Yep, just amazing considering your hero in chief was the one tweeting all that FUD.

And especially when you're still pushing similar bullshit, like that the proposition that all persons are created equal, or the 14th amendment guarantee of equal protection of the laws, means that everyone is supposed to get a trophy or whatever, but that's the FUD you just keep spreading. I wonder why? It's certainly not because you love America or our Constitution, that's for sure.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump is just a circus freak figurehead responsible for the entertainment of his base, not much else. If any other Republican would have won this election, they to would have lowered the corporate tax rate.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I guess time will tell, I don't agree with you and think all available evidence agrees with my stance. You were more or less saying the same thing ~10 months ago. The economy has only gotten better since then. Just saying, but let's see how thing continue to unfold.

I was not more or less saying the same thing at all.

EDIT: Unless you mean I was saying engaging in fiscal stimulus in a strong economy was a bad idea then yes, I was saying the same thing. Of course what I was saying was perfectly in line with what has happened so far - that you stoke growth and inflation which is unsustainable and only serves to pump up the debt.

I predicted increased growth after Trump's stimulus, in fact. I just said it was a long term bad idea.

Last edited:

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
lol first search result

"More jobs were created in 2016 than 2017."

Show me where I claimed more jobs were created today then in the past. You're fighting a shadow, something I never said. All I've said is that the economy is booming today under Trump. Is 1.7 million the same as 2.1 million? Yes or no?