March 4, Mark your calendars

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Honest question: Did anyone of note predict that by giving people free and easy access to information, we would actually become dumber?

Some people don’t like or refuse to accept factual information so they prefer to make up their own. And then they start to believe it. Then they discover they can get others to believe it too. And it becomes like gossip where it is more fun to believe the fake information than the factual information. And finally, take all of that fake information and roll it into a conspiracy theory. But that isn’t quite enough. Then you need a Donald Trump to come along and.... praise the heavens we have our leader. Ps. And Fox News fits in there somewhere.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Saw an article today where the Trump Hotel in DC is a virtual ghost town. Yet the room rates for 3/4 start at $1300 a night, so they are still expecting "something"... I expect it will be like an old firework that just fizzles and releases some smoke.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Hippies might have been annoying and smelly but they didn’t incite an insurrection.

I do wonder if the hippies of the 60/70’s ended up becoming trump cult members.

Many I know are still pretty mellow people, but I know quite a few that have become Ron Paul type libertarians. Kind of distressing when you see it happen to a close friend. I've come to the conclusion that there are certain who fervently and passionately follow a doctrine or religion, only to throw it over a few months later for the newest favor of the month.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Saw an article today where the Trump Hotel in DC is a virtual ghost town. Yet the room rates for 3/4 start at $1300 a night, so they are still expecting "something"... I expect it will be like an old firework that just fizzles and releases some smoke.
Nothing will happen, the Capitol is still well defended, (for the time being anyway), the trump family is up at the trough for one last chance to gobble up $$ from the suckers.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
So after Trump isn’t re-inaugurated in March what’s the next fallback plan? Will he just be the Secret President from then on or whatever?

I was very surprised to hear that 2 day ago the high court denied once again the latest legal challenge from trump. I thought WHAT, ARE THEY STILL AT THAT CRAP???? Still engaging in court challenges? Remember WWII and those Japanese soldiers that refused to give up long after the war was over? Reminds me of THAT. So what then, 50 years from now the child of Baron Trump, Dilly Trump, will still bring challenges to the 2020 election? Talk about holding a grudge...

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Many I know are still pretty mellow people, but I know quite a few that have become Ron Paul type libertarians. Kind of distressing when you see it happen to a close friend. I've come to the conclusion that there are certain who fervently and passionately follow a doctrine or religion, only to throw it over a few months later for the newest favor of the month.
I see it as compulsive behavior, like a drug problem.

Reactions: dawp

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I guess that's what I was thinking. Its not the ideology they were following but the need to be apart of movement that was bigger than themselves. Here comes trump and another "movement" and I was curious if they would be naturally drawn to it despite it contradicting their hippy "roots".

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I predict they go biblical. Sunday, April 4.

I really think the cult likes Don more then Jesus at this point so...
Well Trump is the first coming of Republican Jesus. They don’t really like the hippie commie brown Jesus from the Bible. That guy expected you to try to be better, admit error, live a simpler life, and help the poor.

Pussy grabbing, FYGM, white power, violating the 10 commandments at a record pace Republican Jesus is their guy.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Well Trump is the first coming of Republican Jesus. They don’t really like the hippie commie brown Jesus from the Bible. That guy expected you to try to be better, admit error, live a simpler life, and help the poor.

Pussy grabbing, FYGM, white power, violating the 10 commandments at a record pace Republican Jesus is their guy.
Who needs a carpenter when you can have a confidence man.

1614151117887.png

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Yep

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I think tinfoil hats are the attire du jour. Letś make March 4 tinfoil hats!
I can wrap a hardhat for work.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Total collapse of educational and informational infrastructure. Catastrophic collapse. These people are barely out of the stone age. Not joking. The Homo Sapiens brain was done cooking about 50k years ago, aka end of stone age. This is what we are when the information cardhouse collapses. Apes.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
These people are scary stupid.

Q: Are you going to feel stupid on March 5th when Biden is still president?
A: Ummm, Then trump has a different plan.

I wonder if Donie O'Sullivan volunteered for all these qanon/crackpot assignments, or did he just get the short straw?
I mean he's done a really good job at these interviews but we're seeing the highlights on tv. Imagine some of the shit that can't make CNN? The outakes?

I wonder if he feels his IQ has dropped a few points by talking/interviewing these mouth breathers.

Reactions: BUTCH1