March 4, Mark your calendars

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
History will remember a brief period of time, lasting for about 5 minutes before Facebook went live, as the peak of human civilization.

Honest question: Did anyone of note predict that by giving people free and easy access to information, we would actually become dumber?

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
This reminds me of back in 2011 when some idiot church, ala Harold Camping's Family Radio, said Jesus was coming in May. Peeps sold their homes and gave them their life savings so they could spread the good news in motorhomes.

When that date and time came and went, nevermind that the bible tells you that only God the father knows that info, they made excuses and came up with a new date that also passed without incident.

I wonder if that movement has morphed into the current GOP? Please somebody tell them to never go full retard....oops too late! :p

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This reminds me of back in 2011 when some idiot church, ala Harold Camping's Family Radio, said Jesus was coming in May. Peeps sold their homes and gave them their life savings so they could spread the good news in motorhomes.

When that date and time came and went, nevermind that the bible tells you that only God the father knows that info, they made excuses and came up with a new date that also passed without incident.

I wonder if that movement has morphed into the current GOP? Please somebody tell them to never go full retard....oops too late! :p
American Evangelical’s bizarre fever dreams of some forthcoming apocalypse have never faded.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

But they're woke 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
History will remember a brief period of time, lasting for about 5 minutes before Facebook went live, as the peak of human civilization.

Honest question: Did anyone of note predict that by giving people free and easy access to information, we would actually become dumber?
We used to believe that ignorance was caused by the lack of access to information. Nope... that wasn't it...

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Yeah, they are idiots. They have no common sense logic. Let's post this on gab.com. :)

Looks like trump is on gab issuing statements.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Access to bad/incorrect/misleading information is clearly more dangerous than lack of information.

This is 100% accurate. Some person on the internet is a credible information source for way to many people. Look how big Joe Rogan's podcast is and he is dumb as a box of rocks and spouts off misinformation regularly. Not as big but same issue is Adam Corolla and the list goes on.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
March 4, 2021 is a red letter day for me. I got my 1st Moderna covid-19 vaccine shot Feb. 4, am due for 2nd on March 4. Don't have an appointment yet. You said something about QAnon, Twump? Delusionary Twumpies? Gawd, what BS will be spewed next?

You know, I couldn't watch a single Superbowl commercial, I FF through almost all. I did catch the 5 second Reddit one, or at least the verbal message (PAUSE). I call that the best one.

My impression is that Americans are used to being bullshitted. What else could account for that barrage of bullshit during commercial breaks?

Once you're willing to accept the bullshit you see in commercials end to end, you're ready for conspiracy theories. They gotcha where they wantcha.

Last edited:
Reactions: WelshBloke

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You haven't lived until a marching band of Children of God dressed in monks robes with oxen yokes, march down your street. The comets coming! That was when I was living in Atlanta's sort of Haight/Asberry part of downtown Atlanta just off the "Strip" (Peachtree street).

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Want to hear the latest thing from Q and my Trumpie Q family members????? They now say that AOC is lying and AOC was not in the capitol building when the insurrection took place, AND... that AOC made up her story about hiding and hearing insurrectionist pounding on the door. They, Q, clams it was all some AOC lie.

Buy my take on this is not that I care what the hell they believe or think be it from Q or from wherever, my take on this is how absolutely terrified that are, that Trumpies are, that Q is of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. What is up with THAT? Is it her beauty? He popularity? Her skills? Her ability to call it as it is? Or is it that AOC has better taste in clothing than they do?

I find it soooo strange when these republicans (if you can even call them that) are soooo afraid of people like Hillary Clinton and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and of Black presidents, and of every woman in congress that dare wear a Hijab. IT DRIVES THEM CRAZY.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Access to bad/incorrect/misleading information is clearly more dangerous than lack of information.
Lack of critical thinking is the least common denominator in the current mess our species is in.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so. - Mark Twain

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Thank you, one speaking here and I F-ing HATE trump.
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO with you.

I had a job temporarily as a messenger for Red Arrow Messenger Service in Los Angeles in 1969. One day Tom Smothers opens the door, looks at me and says "So, Red Arrow is hiring hippies now?" :D True story.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Want to hear the latest thing from Q and my Trumpie Q family members????? They now say that AOC is lying and AOC was not in the capitol building when the insurrection took place, AND... that AOC made up her story about hiding and hearing insurrectionist pounding on the door. They, Q, clams it was all some AOC lie.

Buy my take on this is not that I care what the hell they believe or think be it from Q or from wherever, my take on this is how absolutely terrified that are, that Trumpies are, that Q is of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. What is up with THAT? Is it her beauty? He popularity? Her skills? Her ability to call it as it is? Or is it that AOC has better taste in clothing than they do?

I find it soooo strange when these republicans (if you can even call them that) are soooo afraid of people like Hillary Clinton and Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, and of Black presidents, and of every woman in congress that dare wear a Hijab. IT DRIVES THEM CRAZY.

She never claimed to have been in the main building.

I’m in some good FB groups like “AOC is dumb because I said something dumb and said she said it.” She really does make some people deranged.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This is just more proof that we need to spend more money on mental health issues in this country.
I don't think there's any separating mental health from education. Uneducated people are more prone to be bonkers.

Feb 16, 2005
Remember the good old days when only a few loonies believed in flat earth, young earth creationism, faked moon landings and other relatively harmless nonsense. Now we have elected politicians who believe even sillier stuff.

Finland is looking good to me right now, they seem too sensible to go for this bs.
I thought we bought that shithole.

• Haha
Reactions: alexruiz and iRONic