March 20, 2003

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Where were you when we started dropping bombs on a nation and people who never attacked America and a time in our nations history of pre-emptive attacks on sovereign nations

What great things could have been done with the $450,487,219,029++ dollars stolen from our nations future

What great lives could the men and women have lived who were sent off to die in Iraq?

Does anyone think the Iraqis will seek revenge or will thank us?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: dahunan
Where were you when we started dropping bombs on a nation and people who never attacked America and a time in our nations history of pre-emptive attacks on sovereign nations

What great things could have been done with the $450,487,219,029++ dollars stolen from our nations future

What great lives could the men and women have lived who were sent off to die in Iraq?

They may forgive us, but I doubt they'll be thanking us, if there are still Iraqis by that time and the country isn't split up into pieces.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
You know what is really strange is the number of Iraqis who feel that their lives are better now than under Saddam.

Haven?t seen any recent polls on this question so maybe things have changed, but last time I saw a poll regarding this a clear majority felt they were better off with Saddam gone.

Think about this?
Given the choice between living a secure life under a tyrannical government or living a risky life under freedom which would you choose?

Considering that ?Live free or die? is one of our most cherished mottos I can imagine what most Americans would pick.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
I stayed up all night watching, but nothing much happened except a few bombs in the distance and such. There was that attempt to attack some high level leaders that was the first strike in the war and failed, that abotu all that really happened that first night.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
You really don't quit do you?

:cookie: for your 2nd troll thread of the night.

I hope this gets locked too. A smack with the ban stick would be nice as well.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Sinsear

I think this is a sign of how irrational the anti-war crowd is becoming.

It should only get worse as time goes foward and the Democrats fail to do anything about the war.

I think there is a very good chance that we will either see an anti-war canidate enter the election as as third party (Nader) or the anti-war crowd will sit home rather than vote for Hillary who will just continue the war in a different way than the Republicans.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

This being an anti-Iraq war and/or anti-Bush thread, Common Courtesy will be locking it in no time, being the "unbiased" moderator he is.

If you have a problem or a complaint about the moderating in this forum take it to PFI or PM Derek Wilson as Mod Callouts and Baiting are not allowed here. Do it again and your posting privileges will be revoked. Consider this your one and only warning.

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
They love us. We gave them purple fingers. Sure we incinerated their entire country, but who cares... they got to vote.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: senseamp

This being an anti-Iraq war and/or anti-Bush thread, Common Courtesy will be locking it in no time, being the "unbiased" moderator he is.

:cookie: for you too.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

It should only get worse as time goes foward and the Democrats fail to do anything about the war.

I think there is a very good chance that we will either see an anti-war canidate enter the election as as third party (Nader) or the anti-war crowd will sit home rather than vote for Hillary who will just continue the war in a different way than the Republicans.

dude...oh by the way Hello!!
Just think how bad this will become if the Democrats don`t win the next preseidential election???

Rofl...hahahaaaa

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

What we're doing now is nation building, where I feel the term anti-war is really misplaced. Bleeding heart Dems should be the loving supporters of us stopping Genocide by our blood and efforts. I would rather let the entire region enjoy burning in ruin and allowing our military to return home to deal with the border and secure us from the Islamists already here.

As for where I was, watching TV, excepting us to drop a much larger payload on Bagdad instead of leaving it existing. (Conventional) We had intelligence reports, we acted right based on what we had ? my only complaints are that we wanted to bleed to build them a country while Iran and other real threats get away scott free. That?s what really pisses me off.

The BEST possible outcome of our efforts in nation building in Iraq is the creation of a ?Democracy? like Iran there. The moment we leave Iraq ? Iraq becomes as clear an enemy to us as Iran is now. There will be no difference between the two of them except the transition period between Iraqi government control and radical Islamist control.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Stolen? Congressional approved funds for congressional approved action constitutes stolen funds? :confused:

Jun 27, 2005

:laugh: Longing for the days of Harvey are we?

(For the record, I'm not picking on a mod... just pointing out the absurdity of the quoted post)

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: rpanic
Whats wrong with the OP, its as valid as most of the other posts.

Except that it's not March 20th? This would be an appropriate thread for that date. But to roll it out in response to a 9/11 thread is pure troll bait.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

Except that it's not March 20th? This would be an appropriate thread for that date. But to roll it out in response to a 9/11 thread is pure troll bait.

So your saying Iraq has/had nothing to do with 9/11?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

We have caused far more destruction to Iraq than was done to us on 9/11 .. What did Iraq do to us?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It was Iraq that invaded Kuwait. Iraq is not this sweet innocent country that we just decided to invade.

What great things do you really think Congress would do with our money. They waste whatever we give them.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

:laugh: Longing for the days of Harvey are we?

(For the record, I'm not picking on a mod... just pointing out the absurdity of the quoted post)

It seems like we have one of each; Hayabusa tends to be a bit left and Common tends to be a bit right. I think it's been pretty fair across the board here for a bit.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

:cookie:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I have to wonder what you behave like in real life. I imagine that you routinely burst into tears or yell uncontrollably at the top of your lungs. I've never seen someone display such an utter lack of ability to rein in emotion and inability to write coherently.

What I'm trying to say is try acting like you're older than five.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

We have caused far more destruction to Iraq than was done to us on 9/11 .. What did Iraq do to us?

Why don't you ask Hillary Clinton?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
You know what is really strange is the number of Iraqis who feel that their lives are better now than under Saddam.

Haven?t seen any recent polls on this question so maybe things have changed, but last time I saw a poll regarding this a clear majority felt they were better off with Saddam gone.

Really? I would like a link to this poll you saw because here a recent polling of the Iraqis and they are saying the exact OPPOSITE of what you just claimed. Yeah, it is 10 months old, so start discounting it.

Text

"About 90 percent of Iraqis feel that the situation in the country was better ahead of the US-led invasion than it is today"

"Only five percent of those questioned said Iraq is better today than in 2003."

I think an even better poll would be to go back and try to find how many of those 2000 people polled 10 months ago are still alive to be polled again. That would be the best measure imo.