March 10,2016 GOP Debate thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
I bet the 110 billion we handed to afghanistan would shore up social security.

Rubiobot is always telling stories of the past, bla bla bla in 1969 bla bla bla

Trump is right when he says we give,give,give and get virtually nothing in return, we are suckers

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
I bet the 110 billion we handed to afghanistan would shore up social security.

Rubiobot is always telling stories of the past, bla bla bla in 1969 bla bla bla

He probably read a book that told him to be an effective speaker you have to tell stories to get the audience to like you.

Pretty much every single candy date on both sides so far does the same thing. Their job seems to be one thing only: To make voters feel good. They don't detail how they are going to do anything. They give people a little sound bite (candy) to make them feel good and that's it. That's why I call them candy dates.

I don't even blame them though. Look at how the audience responds. Loud clapping, cheering even whistling. Hooting and hollering. It's outrageous. They are so into it, it's just feel good entertainment for them. They hardly take it serious.

They simply don't know how their own minds work. Finding out is too much work for them so they keep falling for the same bag of tricks over and over again.

We need an education overhaul in this country if we are going to have any hope of competing with the rest of the world because God help you if they figure it out before you do. You will be fucked. And consider that there is no God well now who's left to fix this shit. That's right it's up to us.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Funny how every one of the rubes hated the idea of giving money to Cuba and Iran because they hate us and hurt us. Yet they have no problem giving hundreds of billions to China. That's all good.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Funny how every one of the rubes hated the idea of giving money to Cuba and Iran because they hate us and hurt us. Yet they have no problem giving hundreds of billions to China. That's all good.

Nice to agree with you, been a long time.

Last edited:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
And it'll all trickle down after his massive tax cuts for the financial elite, right?

What free shit are we giving away to Iran, anyway?
Billions in frozen assets to them, iran students allowed to study nuclear power, have to maintain a "long term presence" in Iran, and lift their arms embargo. They even got scientist Mojtaba Atarodi back.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/politics/iran-nuclear-deal-highlights/
What are we getting? Nothing. No hostages, nothing except their word that they'll only use the nuclear power for civilian use. That is what we call a shitty deal by obama.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Billions in frozen assets to them, iran students allowed to study nuclear power, have to maintain a "long term presence" in Iran, and lift their arms embargo. They even got scientist Mojtaba Atarodi back.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/14/politics/iran-nuclear-deal-highlights/
What are we getting? Nothing. No hostages, nothing except their word that they'll only use the nuclear power for civilian use. That is what we call a shitty deal by obama.

Giving a country their own money back!

Why does Obama hate America, amirite?!?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Didn't trump talk about tariffing china by 45% and building our own shit here? I don't think he's for china at all.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
either that or lower your monthly benefit, or take substantially $$ more out of each of your paychecks

pick your poison

fuck that, how about stop sending our money to other countries and worry about our own people? how many billions does Iraq and Pakistan alone get of our tax money?

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
Rubio was struggling by talking about his family too much. He blew it by suggesting that we raise the retirement age to 70. Anyone here who wants to work until they are 70 before they can receive full SS benefits, not me ! Rubio is done for. Go Trump !!

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Trump running out the clock in the 4th quarter. No need to attack when he's trying to unify the party.

Of course, by unifying the party, you mean pandering to the establishment like the rest of the candidates.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
trump is like that racist, that always denies it by saying he has a token black friend.

Because trump always has the best friends in all of the best places make all the best deals.

Yet somehow he has many failed business with all of these best people.

wait, havent you been a vocal trump supporter?

Trump is not a failure by any means.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Rubio was struggling by talking about his family too much. He blew it by suggesting that we raise the retirement age to 70. Anyone here who wants to work until they are 70 before they can receive full SS benefits, not me ! Rubio is done for. Go Trump !!
I am. I'm in such good shape I'll still be deadlifting 400+ when I'm 70 and I'll probably be banging your 50yr old daughter to boot.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Of course, by unifying the party, you mean pandering to the establishment like the rest of the candidates.
He knows he has the best chance of winning so he's gunning for endorsements at this point. Like Kasich and Cruz to be specific.

Feb 4, 2009
You can always retire early, just save more of your own money.

I didn't watch, did anyone at least ask what to do if someone gets laid off and they're close to 60. Observable reality is its nearly impossible to change careers that late in life now they want that guy to struggle until 70?

BxgJ

Golden Member
Jul 27, 2015
I didn't watch, did anyone at least ask what to do if someone gets laid off and they're close to 60. Observable reality is its nearly impossible to change careers that late in life now they want that guy to struggle until 70?

That's a good question, but it's already 67 for many. How would it help in the situation you describe?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Trump makes a good point and people miss it or are not smart enough to get it.
Trump knew the loopholes as a businessman, and damn right he took advantage of the laws.
Sure, he gave to both democrats and republicans.
And no doubt benefited greatly from that investment.
Hell... Donald is a businessman after all, and apparently a damn good businessman.
So, when Donald says he knows the system and that he can change it, Donald is right. He does and can.

Republicans tend to be fairly dense.
They are good at winning small elections because they spend the money, are best at playing the game, get their voters energized, can twist an issue like no one else.
But this time it would be wise for republican establishment to rally around Trump because he does bring in the interest, and motivates the people.
Don't fight it RNC.
Rally with Trump and sit back as Donald destroys Hillary.

Polls showing Trump losing to Hillary would flip flop over night after that first Hillary vs Donald debate. One poll that would never pay off would be a poll showing Hillary winning against Trump. Maybe that is true today, but not when polls really counts and come this fall leading into November.

Amazing how the establishment will toss out the baby with the bath water and fight against Trump, with living this illusion that Cruz or Rubio the reason for the uptick in voter interest.
Believe me, Donald is the only one creating this huge interest, not a Ted Cruz.
And I totally believe Trump when he claims many of these new voters are first time and never before voters.

Cruz is never going to generate as much interest, if any interest at all.
Fools as they are, Ted and Rubio take all the credit Donald is solely responsible for.
If Marco or Cruz really believe it is they creating this interest, that just shows how detached from reality Ted and Marco really all are.

JUST SAY YES, RNC....
Welcome Donald with open arms.
Otherwise, plan on losing big time to Hillary Clinton.