Makes me angry that Sega never ports their games to the PC.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Does it make anyone else angry?

I wanted to try After Burner Climax or whatever it was called as well as a few other Sega games, but they weren't on the PC.

It pisses me off, because they still make some good games every now and then, and with Sonic Generations, it looks like they finally got it right as they're actually releasing the first good 3D sonic game. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were okay, but they weren't limited to Sonic's levels, so I couldn't call them good although SA's graphics (as did pretty much all of the first gen Dreamcast games) sure blew my ass away in 1999.

I shouldn't have to buy another damn Xbox 360 to play a lot of good games!

What's so hard for Sega to distribute it via Valve's Steam? Or is Microsoft prohibiting a lot of developers from developing for Windows? Or is it something else?

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I seem to remember the SEGA logo at the beginning of Alpha Protocol, and that game was garbage, so they can keep their titles.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
1. Sonic Adventure was the best Sonic game ever released, so you shut your mouth there.

2. Sega has had more problems with piracy than any other company so I can see their reluctance to port games to the "piracy filled" PC. Investors are idiots and probably believe the crap Epic said about all PC gamers being pirates.

3. Sonic Team, which is part of Sega, releases a few select games on the PC already.

motsm

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2010
SEGA publishes all of the Total War games, and those are PC exclusives. So I suppose they figure they have filled their PC quota.

titan131

May 4, 2008
2. Sega has had more problems with piracy than any other company so I can see their reluctance to port games to the "piracy filled" PC. Investors are idiots and probably believe the crap Epic said about all PC gamers being pirates.

I'm not saying this isn't true but how would they even know? Do they assume this because their games weren't selling well and so they think it must be piracy? and why would sega be targeted particularly? was the DRM they used very easily cracked or something?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I'm not saying this isn't true but how would they even know? Do they assume this because their games weren't selling well and so they think it must be piracy? and why would sega be targeted particularly? was the DRM they used very easily cracked or something?

There was no DRM on the Dreamcast and basically every game could be just copied. The larger ones had to have some audio and video files compressed to fit on CD-Rs, but even that wasn't hard.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
Does it make anyone else angry?

I wanted to try After Burner Climax or whatever it was called as well as a few other Sega games, but they weren't on the PC.

It pisses me off, because they still make some good games every now and then, and with Sonic Generations, it looks like they finally got it right as they're actually releasing the first good 3D sonic game. Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 were okay, but they weren't limited to Sonic's levels, so I couldn't call them good although SA's graphics (as did pretty much all of the first gen Dreamcast games) sure blew my ass away in 1999.

I shouldn't have to buy another damn Xbox 360 to play a lot of good games!

What's so hard for Sega to distribute it via Valve's Steam? Or is Microsoft prohibiting a lot of developers from developing for Windows? Or is it something else?

Fact of the matter is that PC game sales are miniscule compared to console games. With the exception of budgetware (simcity) and mmo's PC only games generally sell pretty terribly...the only exceptions are valve and blizzard, and even they are now developing games for consoles (see: CS:GO and the diablo 3 console port hiring by blizzard)....i'm guessing their cost analysis of a PC port versus potential profit rules it out. Shrug.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
they do release, just very slowly.
dreamcast package on steam is only 9-10 years after initial release, so just wait a few more decades or so for your favorites to come out.

Venom20

Apr 12, 2011
Shit, people are always complaining that they port too many PC games to consoles, now you want console games to port to PC's. There's always so much bitching around here.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
There is one thing Sega does release on the PC and it is good, the Total War series.

Mar 11, 2004
There are a bunch of Sega games on Steam. No they're not real recent, but they seem to have been picking up porting their stuff to PC the last few years. With how easy it is to port these days, I think we could likely see more.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
forget Sega! i want more Sqaure-Enix games on the PC. i really do hope they continue to port the Last Remnant trilogy.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
The only thing that I care about Sega doing is them -not- making Skies of Arcadia 2, those sons of bitches.