Nov 8, 2012
Maher seems like a closet anti-vaxxer from what I remember, he would bring on anti-vaxxer people and do his 1-on-1 interviews with a couple of them. During the interviews weren't scrutiny but more of practically endorsing it and conversations to try and validate them to a certain extent.

Though in one of the articles I read it cited that it said he had taken the vaccine.

Personally I kinda have to call bullshit, at least this early into the vaccine. Either that or it was a false positive test...

Reactions: Zorba and Pohemi
Nov 8, 2012
Couple examples:

Reactions: Leeea
Feb 4, 2009
Maher seems like a closet anti-vaxxer from what I remember, he would bring on anti-vaxxer people and do his 1-on-1 interviews with a couple of them. During the interviews weren't scrutiny but more of practically endorsing it and conversations to try and validate them to a certain extent.

Though in one of the articles I read it cited that it said he had taken the vaccine.

Personally I kinda have to call bullshit, at least this early into the vaccine. Either that or it was a false positive test...

I get kind of the same vibe from him

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Actually, since he is vaccinated and he shows no symptoms, what it shows is that vaccines work! It prevented a deadly disease from taking another life.

There have been reports of asymptomatic positive tests from the beginning. Fueling Republican propaganda that COVID is just the flu or fake.

Dec 10, 2005
The false-positive rate is probably <1% and we know that vaccinated individuals can still get COVID (after all, they weren't tested for complete prevention); so the likely answer is that it is a true positive. The main thing is that the vaccine protects against more severe infections.

Reactions: Pohemi and jman19
Nov 8, 2012
The false-positive rate is probably <1% and we know that vaccinated individuals can still get COVID (after all, they weren't tested for complete prevention); so the likely answer is that it is a true positive. The main thing is that the vaccine protects against more severe infections.

Right, I guess I'm saying I'm probable to believe he never took the vaxx given his history....

Nov 8, 2012
Bill Maher is a clown, but I have no reason to believe he's lying about whether he received it.
Like I said, see the videos above of folks he brought on and agreed with.

I watch him every week, I love his general programming of having multiple points of view and outright debate instead of partisan children's programming akin to Samantha Bee and more recently Jon Oliver.

I know that's a crazy concept though. Must remain tribal and all.

Dec 10, 2005

I watch him every week, I love his general programming of having multiple points of view and outright debate instead of partisan children's programming akin to Samantha Bee and more recently Jon Oliver.

Overall he's a clown who makes mediocre points that are often built on straw. He might make a decent point here and there, but as they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Reactions: Pohemi and ivwshane
Nov 8, 2012
Overall he's a clown who makes mediocre points that are often built on straw. He might make a decent point here and there, but as they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sounds like you're not very open to diversity of thought. I've watched every liberal media bias shill - from Jon Stewart - whom is the least partisan of them all, to Bill Maher, to John Oliver, to Samantha Bee, to Seth Myers, to... insert anyone.

The more partisan one is... the less funny you are. Because instead of informative jokes - you're concerned with an overall agenda instead. It completely hinders and cripples you from instead being about information - and instead into a partisan agenda. You have a mission, and it isn't comedy.

Notice how Colbert went from hilarious shows to completely unfunny overnight.

Try to open your mind to diversity of thought.

Reactions: ultimatebob
Dec 10, 2005
Sounds like you're not very open to diversity of thought. I've watched every liberal media bias shill - from Jon Stewart - whom is the least partisan of them all, to Bill Maher, to John Oliver, to Samantha Bee, to Seth Myers, to... insert anyone.

The more partisan one is... the less funny you are. Because instead of informative jokes - you're concerned with an overall agenda instead. It completely hinders and cripples you from instead being about information - and instead into a partisan agenda. You have a mission, and it isn't comedy.

I'm plenty open to people making arguments in good faith, from whatever "side" of the spectrum they are on. I just don't find Bill Maher to be one of those people.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm plenty open to people making arguments in good faith, from whatever "side" of the spectrum they are on. I just don't find Bill Maher to be one of those people.

No, no, no! You must be biased because you don’t like the same person he does. The fact that you have higher standards for discussions and arguments can’t be the reason you don’t like Maher! /s

The guy you are responding to is a moron who thinks he’s smarter than everyone else, unfortunately he’s one of the dumbest posters on this forum. I’m guessing he’s a narcissist as he exhibits very little shame and tends to “disappear” when he gets called on his bull shit.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

When the right is capable of honest debate I'll be happy to see it. They haven't been capable since before I was born. He entertains clowns because it makes him money because it appeals to other clowns.

Reactions: Pohemi

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Colbert was funniest when he was clowning the right by acting exactly like them.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
So much for the "Smug assholes have COVID immunity" theory...

Oh, wait. That was disproven when Trump got it.

Nov 8, 2012
Colbert was funniest when he was clowning the right by acting exactly like them.

Nope. It was when he was least partisan and was actively shitting on anything and everything that deserved scrutiny via Colbert Report.

After that, it went to complete dog shit.

Jon Stewart left Daily show. It went to complete dog shit.

The list goes on and on and on and on.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

His show has politicians debating and coming to consensus like decent human beings but then as soon as they get back to DC and the votes matter they go right back to tribalism. So it's worthless. Just douchebags going on it and pretending they're not pieces of shit for the camera.

• Love
Reactions: skyking and Pohemi

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I stopped watching Maher when I saw him on a segment say methamphetamine was just like diet pills and that you can be a high functioning meth user. Always hated his antivaxxer shit but the misinformation on meth made me realize he was a complete shit for brains.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Nope. It was when he was least partisan and was actively shitting on anything and everything that deserved scrutiny via Colbert Report.

After that, it went to complete dog shit.

Jon Stewart left Daily show. It went to complete dog shit.

The list goes on and on and on and on.
We're talking about the exact same time period. When he was on the Daily Show and when he split off to the Colbert Report. He "made fun" of the left the same way you do, which is why you found it funny. The rest of us found it funny because we knew he was punking you the whole time. All your arguments make perfect sense to you because you live in an alternate reality. A fake reality but it feels real to you. It makes you all super predictable as well, which is why he was able to make all the same arguments you guys would make before you would make them, so it seemed genuine to you.

Nov 8, 2012
We're talking about the exact same time period. When he was on the Daily Show and when he split off to the Colbert Report. He "made fun" of the left the same way you do, which is why you found it funny. The rest of us found it funny because we knew he was punking you the whole time. All your arguments make perfect sense to you because you live in an alternate reality. A fake reality but it feels real to you. It makes you all super predictable as well, which is why he was able to make all the same arguments you guys would make before you would make them, so it seemed genuine to you.
No... Not really. But continue on with your cognitive dissonance if it suits your narrative. We by care about rafts when you can use your feelings instead?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi