Mad Dog 500watt BTX/ATX modular power supply $50AR

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thenotebook

Banned
Dec 8, 2004
Originally posted by: MustangSVT
after getting an antec power supply , I won't be getting anymore of these el cheapo power supplies :)

Although I have been lucky with cheaper power supplies so far, the quality, stability, quietness of Antec psu is quite impressive :)

This isn't an "el cheapo" power supply. This is a Super Flower rebadged for Mad Dog.

3point14

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Foghorn
I second the motion that MD rebates (Parago) are the worst. Still waiting on a MD DVD-R drive rebate from 15 weeks ago. Amazing how rebate houses lose so much mail.

mymaxrebates is Parago.

I got my rejection letter very quickly from Parago :D. I sent in a resubmission, so I will wait and see.

As for the PSU, has anyone tested it yet? I have been in desperate need for a PSU, but I am unsure of the quality of this one. If worse comes to worse, I will pick one up from the local CompUSA and try it out.

compusion

Jan 7, 2005
Just picked one of these up. I'm impressed.

Sure has neat cable management .. and fan control.

Not bad for the price.

JRez

May 15, 2001
I did. Very quiet when the fan is in low speed mode and voltage fluctuations on the lines is less than it was with an Antec TruePower 430W :)