MAC Haters

pcman2002b

Jul 22, 2002
Everyone and anyone that hates Macintosh computers please reply to this message. I want to see how long of a list of different complaints, gripes, and problems people have with Macintosh's and pretty much Apple Computers in general.

Especially reply if you have seen Apple's latest ad campaign for their OSX. You know the one that totally trashes Windows, I know Apple's OS is no gem either. So Come On. Reply see if we can get it up to like 200 replies or something.

BatmanNate

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Their new OS is probably the best one to date.

(ripped off of FreeBSD of course)

And after all, they DID have the first GUI on a PC...

(ripped off of Xerox of course)

Okay, so they suck.

:D

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: pcman2002b
Everyone and anyone that hates Macintosh computers please reply to this message. I want to see how long of a list of different complaints, gripes, and problems people have with Macintosh's and pretty much Apple Computers in general.

Especially reply if you have seen Apple's latest ad campaign for their OSX. You know the one that totally trashes Windows, I know Apple's OS is no gem either. So Come On. Reply see if we can get it up to like 200 replies or something.

rolleye.gif

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
COST

Especially COST vs. Performance.

The old OS was a piece of crap. I've never tried OSX, so I'm not sure how it runs.

amish

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
I actually don't have much of a gripe with Mac's.....................my gripe is only with the fanatical owners who will go out of their way to trash PC's at any oppertunity, so, I brush up on all the Mac "shortcomings" just so I can talk trash back at them..........;)

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
1. Designed for simple people
2. One mouse button
3. Horrible keyboard
4. Constant crashes (all the macs I'v even come close to have been like that)
5. Innificiant gui
6. One mouse button (realy hate that)
7. Mac users think for some reason that macs are more powerful than pc's when its been proven otherwise (link1,link2)
8. Mac users think of Steve Jobs as their cult leader and Macworld as a big cult gathering (said so themselves)
9. One mouse button
10. Built for looks

I'll soon go in circles if I go on writing this.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Czar has that right - nothing pisses me off more than the Mac mouse. One button, the action sucks, and that stupid iMac mouse (the round one) is the worst piece of hardware EVER, bar none.

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
only problem i have with them is their price. you can build a top of the line PC for less than a G, not so with a mac. (counts alot bein a broke ass college student)

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: pcman2002b

I think OSX is crap... It's not as stable as the OS it was ripped out from, it has a horrible GUI... it just plain sucks, like an ugly version of windows without the stability that it SHOULD have...

I prefer the X86 setup because hardware is cheaper, software is cheaper and there is a lot more of it, if i want to i can run Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and whatever i would like on it... all of those on the same pc, and if i want to, all of them at the same time...

There are more choices with the PC... freedom of choice is something i value...

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Limited software choices, expensive for anything decent, ONE BUTTON MOUSE, and they crash constantly.

Using Photoshop in my art class last year (all they had were macs), they would crash every 5 minutes or so. I've never experienced that on my PC while using Photoshop.

Luden

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Expensive
Fruity looking
Limited software
Limited upgradability (hard drive, video card, ram..) aka cant build one.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
I can't stand the commericals. They are so full of crap.
They don't mention the fact that you can't upgrade them. How the hell are you suppose to upgrade a desk lamp or a monitor with everything crammed inside.

"Mac's don't have the BSOD", yeah because they lockup so fast they don't have time to show a BSOD.
I hooked a Mac to a PC for ICS purposes and the damn thing kept locking up when I'd enter the network settings.

The one mouse button.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
I'd like to have atleast 4 software titles available to me.

Plus I like my 5 button Explorer 3.0

Last edited:

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I *like* macs, because in terms of stability, customizability, and integrated functioning, it's worlds beyond Windows. (Kind of like a cop-out version of Linux I guess). But when you have iTunes and iPhoto and all the other Apple-produced integrated software working together, it's something beautiful.

However, that does NOT justify the bizarre price tag of $2000+ for a decent G4. If they slashed the prices in half I'd *think* about owning one.

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: NeoMadHatter
i want an iPod though. they're pretty too.

I used to have one, if you are not going to use it just looking at the good looks of it, then trust me, you do not want one... get an Ipaq instead...

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I haven't used one since like 1989, so I don't know.

The cost is too prohibative for me to give one a shot.

SnapIT

Banned
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: SnapIT
Originally posted by: NeoMadHatter
i want an iPod though. they're pretty too.

I used to have one, if you are not going to use it just looking at the good looks of it, then trust me, you do not want one... get an Ipaq instead...

You know what Snap... that made no sense....

Yeah, i know, i meant it the other way around... :D